What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken thighs, BBQ optional!
And our 10 vegetable salad (even though a few are fruits)...
Spinach
Parsley
Dandelion leaves
red cabbage
red pepper
green pepper
red onion
tomato
shredded zucchini
cucumber
add in some full fat feta, olives, a bit of avocado oil and some dressing and there you have it!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece and nephew are here from GA. and we went out for Chinese last night. I had vegetable fried rice which was very good. My niece had soup and egg rolls and I forgot what my nephew had. Something spicy. It sure is getting expensive to eat out anymore. That meal cost $62.81 just for the 3 of us including tip.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
more Texas Hash here, which i'll heat up in the microwave. some sliced cucumbers with blue cheese salad dressing. and the last serving of apple crisp for dessert -- later in the evening. :yummy:
I love it when someone enjoys one of my recipes!

My niece and nephew are here from GA. and we went out for Chinese last night.
LOL, going out for Chinese always reminds me of when I lived in Tennessee. There was an excellent Chinese take-out place not even 100 yards from our front door. They had a sign in their window that said, "You buy five egg rolls, you get one free." My ex always read it as, "You buy five egg rolls, you get one free. You buy ten egg rolls, you get gas."

Tonight? Well, they called our inspection due to torrential rain, and will inspect "on the first clear, dry day," which means I'm terrified to use my stove (it GLEAMS), and will be eating out of my microwave until the inspection. SO...something microwavable, or a sandwich of some sort.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried Shirataki noodles?
I was thinking about ordering some from amazon, or trying to find some at the store, because I saw a recipe that used it to make "healthy, low carb Chicken alfredo"

Apparently there is a certain way you need to prepare the noodles though.
Wondering if anyone has tried these types of noodles? :dunno:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Apparently there is a certain way you need to prepare the noodles though.
Wondering if anyone has tried these types of noodles?
I haven't, but I did find this for you:
Shirataki Noodles: How to Cook Them and Their Health Benefits | Ruled Me Cooking instructions are included.

Well, SPIT...Once again, the inspection is delayed...Until MONDAY! Which means not doing more with the stove/oven than boiling water all weekend. I'm going to be heartily tired of this, right quick like!

SO...tonight...chicken salad (chicken from can) on crackers.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't, but I did find this for you:
Shirataki Noodles: How to Cook Them and Their Health Benefits | Ruled Me Cooking instructions are included.

Well, SPIT...Once again, the inspection is delayed...Until MONDAY! Which means not doing more with the stove/oven than boiling water all weekend. I'm going to be heartily tired of this, right quick like!

SO...tonight...chicken salad (chicken from can) on crackers.
Thanks for that link! :) The noodles will be arriving this weekend so I'll try maybe some pad thai with it or alfredo

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Since the temperature outside is going to approximate the temperature at the surface of the sun (okay, fine, so I’m exaggerating a bit) and the air quality is “unhealthy” (true), I made a summer pasta salad this morning while it was still cool and only “unhealthy for sensitive groups.” Bow tie pasta, salmon, zucchini, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta, and various herbs served cool-ish. It’s too hot and smoky to cook anything in the afternoon!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm probably going to throw together toasted cheese sandwiches. Or tuna melts. We have vet appts tonight for Ms. Pepe and The Beast, so whatever I can make quickly will work.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
sauteed Vidalia onions and cheese
OH YUM! My cousin lives in Vidalia, Georgia, and her uncle-by-marriage grows onions. I always get half a bushel from her every year. I can sit down with a Vidalia onion and eat it like an apple!

I get so worked up when watching the Food Network or the Cooking Channel, and some high-faluten' chef refers to "Vih DAH ee ah" onions. I yell at the screen, "It's Vie DAYL ya," you jumped up nincompoop!" Perhaps I should be medicated.

Something cool tonight. Tuna salad most likely. SO HOT!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , your Texas Hash recipe is definitely 'a keeper'! i love it, partly because it's so much less fuss than making stuffed peppers, but tastes just as good! :D

Winchester Winchester , i'm hoping that both your Ms Pepe and The Beast are doing well -- re their vet appointments.

tonight...hmmmm......i'll probably have a bowl of cereal with milk. and the last of the carob chip blondies later in the evening.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almond granola with milk and delicious red raspberries. The raspberries were on sale, from California and they were excellent! The package said they were a limited edition raspberry.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks artiemom artiemom and micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I posted about them in the Name Three Things thread; they're OK.

I took a dough ball out of the freezer this morning for grilled pizza tonight. Nothing exotic, just sauteed sausage, onions, and peppers, with some 'shrooms. Mozz to top it off. That's Rick favorite pizza.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i'll heat up in a small frying pan a ground chicken taco burger (previously cooked, then frozen), add a slice of white american cheese over it and either some ketchup or some pepper jam (that an aquaintance gifted me, it's got just a touch of hot to it :yummy: ), on bread. some sliced cucumber with blue cheese salad dressing, and a small piece of carob cake for dessert -- later in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.