What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something very, very easy. I don't feel very well and will probaby end up back in my chair shortly.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I said to Dear Richard this morning, "Go down to the freezers and pick out anything you want for dinner tonight. What you bring up is what we'll have."

And he brought up kielbasa. :doh: He said that's what he wanted. Which is OK, but I usually do kielbasa during the week....I don't really associate it with Sunday. That's just me.

So, I haven't decided it I'm just going to throw it together with pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, cheese, etc. or if I'm going to do glazed kebobs on the grill with 'shrooms, onions, pineapple, and cherry tomatoes and throw the things on a bed of brown rice. One or the other.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 How are you feeling this morning?

Our kielbasa kebobs actually turned out well. While Rick was grilling, I threw together a bit of sweet and sour sauce, gave half of the sauce to him to glaze the kebobs, then saved the rest to spoon over the kebobs and rice at the table. Then, since I was making rice anyway, I went the rest of the way, and we had fried rice; it wasn't the greatest fried rice around because I used brown rice, but it wasn't bad either. I added caramelized onion and celery and some sauteed broccoli to the rice, too, after adding the beaten egg. Dinner really wasn't bad.

Tonight's dinner will be whatever Rick feels like making since he's off work today.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Right as rain today, thank you all for your well-wished!

WELL, inspection is over, but I had to get up VERY early (for me), and I'm so sleepy! Think I'll fall back to my old stand-by and favorite meal in the world...can you guess it? Yes, I though you could!

upload_2018-7-30_11-50-0.jpeg

HOLD THE CHILI, PLEASE!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tacos (again). Last night, Rick mentioned that the tacos we had last week were quite good and he thought we should have them again soon. So I asked, "Well, about tomorrow night?" And he said, "Works!" So there you go.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
2rescuekitties 2rescuekitties did you get the shirataki noodles yet? Are they the kind in the bag with water? I got those once and they tasted like rubber. I probably messed up in cooking them though, hopefully you'll do better. I wanted to ask you how Thomas is doing, if I can find the thread again. :)

I did get them, and I made shrimp Pad Thai with them. I think I probably didn't boil them long enough because they were a little rubbery but It gave me a weird heartburn feeling actually :-/ So i don't think I will be trying them again as I could not sleep from the weird feeling in my tummy.
And Thomas is doing well :) He still prefers to go outside when he has had enough of Toby bugging him with all the headbutts and playing hah but he's doing well and the neighbors have actually taken to him too. He's a little charmer now and greets my neighbors too when I am outside

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huh. If my noodles were rubbery and so were yours, maybe they are just hard to cook with... I love your cats, especially the videos, they are the friendliest cats ever. :)
Maybe so :( I think I would just rather get in a extra good workout sometimes and have the real thing carbs and all! haha

And yes Toby is a big big baby and always sticks his little noggin' in Thomas' face for licks and just wants to play, and Stella just chirps and wants to talk to Thomas haha Since it's been hot here I try to let him stay inside as much as he wants, but he's an old man and quickly tires of the antics of the two little ones haha

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm having leftover chicken thighs, steamed rice and broccoli with some fresh jalapeno cheese bread I just pulled out of the oven.

New recipe: Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread - Crafty Cooking Mama

I added some sliced jalapenos to the batter and on top.
Oooo. I’m hanging on to this recipe! Maybe I’ll make it this afternoon to go with the Costco chicken I just bought for dinner.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orange, do you think that bread would work with Habaneros on top? I need fiery hot. You guys inspire me to keep trying to learn to cook, even though I fail half the time.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orange, do you think that bread would work with Habaneros on top? I need fiery hot. You guys inspire me to keep trying to learn to cook, even though I fail half the time.
Yes, you could use any type of pepper. I used pickled jalapenos in a jar. If you were using fresh peppers, you'd probably want to roast or sauté them to soften them up a little.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white That looks like a seriously yummy bread!

Turkey dogs tonight. I took a container of frozen baked beans out of the freezer last night, too, for Dear Richard.

Fresh cherries were on sale at the grocery store for $1.47/pound (with a coupon), so we bought two pounds. We have been scarfing down fresh cherries in the evening. On my scale, 4.7 ounces of cherries (with stems and pits) scale out to about 100 calories, making a nice snack. Rick's been taking them to work; I'm eating them after I clean up after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.