What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover Cajun-roast chicken and mac 'n cheese with either broccoli or cabbage as a side. I made so much chicken and mac Saturday, I'll be looking for ways to make leftovers "look different" most of this week.

I know what you mean about a sauce breaking Winchester Winchester . The cheese sauce for my macaroni broke so it doesn't look too appealing, but it still tastes really great.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up some Texas Hash, a little tossed salad, and have some apple crisp for dessert -- later in the evening. :D
well, it hadn't thawed by yesterday evening. so i'll start on the Texas Hash for dinner tonight or tomorrow night -- which i've switched to breakfast time the next day, because it's just too darn hot to have a good appetite in the late afternoon/early evenings.

if the Texas Hash isn't thawed yet, i'll have a grilled cheese sandwich tonight.

What is Texas Hash? It sounds yummy.
it's Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's recipe! it's very much like stuffed peppers, except in a soup or stew form -- like stuffed peppers, but without the fuss. i usually make a big batch of it, without the rice, and then freeze it in portions. i add the (cooked) rice after it's thawed -- because rice doesn't do well being frozen, at least not to my liking.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's pretty hot and we've been doing yardwork for 5 hours and quit. My back is speaking in tongues :dizzy:
:crackup::flail::crackup::flail: Been there!

Tonight is...um...red beans and rice. I really need to use up the last little bit of diced onions before they go off. And I like to sprinkle raw onions on the rice before I plop the beans in there. Might as well do a REAL job on my tummy!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
It's an exact recrafting of the original. We designed them ourselves. I went back to the original jeweler, and the goldsmith remembered the design! I'm very excited to give it to him.
I'm thinking I can get us to go to our standby, Chilie's, which is around the corner from us. If our regular bartender is in, maybe I can get him to record the moment for me.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's an exact recrafting of the original. We designed them ourselves. I went back to the original jeweler, and the goldsmith remembered the design! I'm very excited to give it to him.
I'm thinking I can get us to go to our standby, Chilie's, which is around the corner from us. If our regular bartender is in, maybe I can get him to record the moment for me.
:thumbsup::goodluck::bliss:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 slices of Papa John's pizza with Yellow 7-Pot superhot pepper powder to spice it up. I wanted veggie lovers, but I couldn't figure out how to do half and half, so we got The Works. I will have to email them and ask them how to do it for next time.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie was laying on the table next to a fresh loaf of bread we baked the other day. I hope she didn't lick it. :lol:
See my milk post =/ I still haven't 100% forgiven this dude for stealing my milk as he's usually SO good about this...but apparently today he had a burr up his hind end and REALLY REALLY wanted some milk...

So I love little kids....most of the time....
After awhile when the Tylenol runs out I'm like "send them home to Mom and Dad!!!!!" I love them a bit less (OK, "like" them less but love them still), but toddlers have been here many times and smear sticky little fingers all over everything and I don't really care. I had a little kid with jelly fingers practically touch every inch of our lower cabinets as I was hovering behind them, all "no no no! Let's go color! Let's go watch TV! Read stories? Hell I'll give you $10 to stop touching stuff until we wash your hands....."!!!! and I didn't die from contamination or anything!
I figure if my cats give a loaf of bread a lick or two, compared to adorable small children doing adorable small children stuff, it's no big deal!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick's choice last night was a small hoagie that we split and some potato chips. Worked for me.

I may throw a quick marinade together for the rest of that beef I didn't use on Sunday and flop it on the grill. With a simple chopped salad.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, last night didn't quite go as planned...
We did go to Chili's but our regular bartender wasn't there.
So, after ordering dinner and drinks, I excused myself to the bathroom. On my way back I flagged down our bartender and asked her to record the gifting moment.
I sat back down next to hubby and asked, "So, you're sure you're gonna stick around for another 20 years?"
His reply was, "Well, that was my plan..."
So I said, as I put the little box down, "I'm so glad to hear that"
Now, the box was actually the original ring box from 20 years ago... He knew what it meant instantly, and was nearly speechless...
"You didn't..."
"I did."
"You did..."
"Yes"
"..."
The bartender was dutifully shooting, and she was all "awwww". After smiles and kisses she handed my phone back and I put it away.
After dinner I went to check the vid, only to discover that neither I or the bartender had actually hit "record"!
oops
Oh well
I have a picture...

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, last night didn't quite go as planned...
We did go to Chili's but our regular bartender wasn't there.
So, after ordering dinner and drinks, I excused myself to the bathroom. On my way back I flagged down our bartender and asked her to record the gifting moment.
I sat back down next to hubby and asked, "So, you're sure you're gonna stick around for another 20 years?"
His reply was, "Well, that was my plan..."
So I said, as I put the little box down, "I'm so glad to hear that"
Now, the box was actually the original ring box from 20 years ago... He knew what it meant instantly, and was nearly speechless...
"You didn't..."
"I did."
"You did..."
"Yes"
"..."
The bartender was dutifully shooting, and she was all "awwww". After smiles and kisses she handed my phone back and I put it away.
After dinner I went to check the vid, only to discover that neither I or the bartender had actually hit "record"!
oops
Oh well
I have a picture...

Frame this picture.
In 20 years, you'll be so glad you did.
Best to you both, and what a wonderful heartfelt gift!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my own tonight! Well boo.
Chicken, bacon, and beans.
Woot. Go me!

Dogs and cats will have chicken and organ blend and dogs will have some tripe as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.