What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright:
I got sick once in my early 20's in a family pub place. I got to the bathroom (single room, no stalls) and got sick. The stomach pain was so bad I couldn't walk, so I just lay down on the floor (I was repulsed but had no other option) and realized I didn't lock the door and prayed no one would walk in.
I would definitely mention this to your doc ASAP. Help with arthritis is great so you can move and not be in pain is great but this is not a pleasant side effect. Maybe they can find something that would ease your arthritis without side effects like this.
Don't be embarrassed. :grouphug:
Sometimes I have a difficult time replying to post. This stuff is the only thing that really helps with the pain since they took me of Tyn. #3. As long as I go easy on the stuff I think it will be OK to use it once in awhile. I am hoping when I have my knees replaced I won't need anything for pain.

Last edited:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had initially planned chicken with a white clam sauce, but after getting off work, stopping for errands and unloading the car, the heat blew my appetite and desire to cook.

Just had a bowl of chopped nectarines, pineapple, cottage cheese and some walnuts. That was cool and refreshing....and I'm full.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
A frozen Bar-b-que chicken pizza from Trader Joes...
It was surprisingly, good... leftovers for snacks tomorrow...

Saturday, is a Humane Society Volunteer Day.. In good weather, I splurge and get an awesome, large Ice Cream, on the way home... So, so, so Good...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers but since that just had to be reheated in the microwave, I used the stove to make up a batch of one pot taco pasta. Since the recipe came out a little bland last time, I used hot salsa this time, a full 16 oz container of the fresh store made salsa plus two large spoonfuls of Pace jarred hot salsa. It definitely had more kick to it. I didn't bother to sprinkle cheese over the dish and broil it for a few minutes this time.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some pasta sauce last night... 7.375 lbs of it.

We're most likely having leftovers for a few days

Some of you might know from the exercise thread that I've been tinkering with the Fitbit that hubby got for me last month. I've discovered that I can create a food and add it to the list. So... I calculated out all the ingredients in my sauce, getting nutrient data from nutritiondata.com, divided it out by 6 oz servings, and added it into my database as Italian Meat Sauce, lean by dyg brand (lean, because I used lean hamburger).

A 6 oz serving is:
88 total cal
4 g (36 cal) fat
1 g saturated
0 g trans
14 mg cholesterol
91 mg sodium
86 mg potassium
9 g (36 cal) Total Carb
1.5 g fiber
5 g sugar
6 g (24 cal) Protein

I also calculated it out without meat and added that in as a separate food item (basic italian sauce).

I have to admit, I'm a bit terrified to calculate it out when I make it with sausage. :shocked:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I have a difficult time replying to post. This stuff is the only thing that really helps with the pain since they took me of Tyn. #3. As long as I go easy on the stuff I think it will be OK to use it once in awhile. I am hoping when I have my knees replaced I won't need anything for pain.
I hope so too!! I've known people that have knee replacements. They said they've never looked back, and were shocked that the recovery time was less than they thought.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So when you throw corn, rice, black and kidney beans, onions, carrots, lettuce, celery, onions, chicken and a bunch of random spices into a pot, mix it with green beans and let it rest with some shredded cheese on top.......whatdd'ya call it?
We call it dinner. And we couldn't re-create this deliciousness if we tried.

Dogs and cats: Bison meat, turkey hearts. Chicken livers were not thawed and will be delivered early tomorrow morning =)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
After our appt yesterday afternoon, I suggested we go for Mexican for dinner last night. Rick agreed. :yess: Got to the restaurant, gave the server our orders. She came back and said, "You know, somebody ordered a margarita. I just made it up and now she cancelled her order. Would you like to have it? On the house?"

Ok, I'm not supposed to drink a lot of alcohol because of the meds I'm on and because of triggering a migraine. But seriously? A margarita? On the house? And I'm supposed to say No? Oh, I don't think so! Yum! :cloud9: She got extra on her tip; Rick said she deserved it for the smile on my face. (And so far, no migraine.)

We're visiting with friends for dinner tonight. I have no idea what she's serving. She just asked me to bring a dessert and Rick chose the Cherry Almond Coffee Cake from Cook's Country. It looks good; I just got it out of the oven. We'll stop at the grocery store on the way into their house for some vanilla ice cream to serve along side.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a Cajun-rubbed chicken in the oven roasting right now. Since it's National Mac 'N Cheese Day (plus the oven is already on) I'm also baking a macaroni casserole in a Sharp Cheddar and Colby/Jack cheese sauce.

I'm cooking dinner now before the kitchen gets too hot and I lose motivation. I'll reheat chicken and mac and steam some fresh broccoli with a garlic-lemon butter sauce for dinner.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce--- Next time write the recipe down! That way you can share it with us.
Orange--- It's a good thing I didn't move to Texas as planned. I know where I would be every night. Knocking on your door to get some of that good cooking. :D

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I rooted around a bit and I think I've decided dinner will be a butt load of fresh green beans, with some of the seasoned deliciousness from last night.
There's a little slab of rib-eye that I amazingly couldn't get down Thursday and we will sear it, cut it up, and toss it in the mix.
I swear it seems like we go through spurts where the only food we have is rice and a bag of flour and other times it's like we have just WAY too much, and now is that "way too much" time. We're very fortunate, but I HATE throwing out food that's gone off. I just feel guilty.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The cherry almond coffee cake is wonderful stuff! I have some sour cream left over and I asked Rick what he thought I should do with the sour cream, thinking he'd just tell me to bake cookies. Well, he said, "I want beef stroganoff!" "Seriously?" "Yes, I want beef stroganoff!" So I went down to the freezers and starting rooting around for some beef and got it out to thaw.

We are having beef stroganoff for dinner today. With the last of the coffee cake for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our beef stroganoff was delicious. Sometimes I get too much in a hurry and add the sour cream at too high of a heat and it will look curdled. Doesn't really affect the taste, but it looks icky. Yesterday, it was perfect. There's a wee bit leftover that Rick says he'll have for lunch today. We haven't had beef stroganoff in a long time.

Since Rick took a vacation day today, whatever he decides to do about dinner is just fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.