What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't cooked very much "new" for dinner in a while. Over the winter, I made so much food and froze portions that I've just been heating and eating leftovers almost all month.

Today I have pizza dough rising, and hamburger patties already cooked, so I'm thinking a beef and onion pizza for dinner. Now...

I'm thinking "hamburger pizza", and pondering using a mix of ketchup and mustard instead of Italian sauce on the pizza...so it would taste more like a hamburger than like pizza. Also...sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.

What do y'all think about a ketchup/mustard sauce? "Great!" or "Gross!"?
Try it!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did! It does taste like a cheeseburger instead of like pizza! The leftovers will be frozen for toaster oven lunches at work. I think I'll take fresh chopped lettuce and dill pickles as a topper. :)

That is both beautiful and delicious looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
oh, that looks ridiculously yummy!!
Dinner here is;
feline - crunchies and some wet food :gingercat:
human - pan fried cod something called a cheddar cauliflower mash, boil cauliflower in chicken broth 'til it's soft, add some garlic and cheese, tasty ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't take credit for this but had to post because it was so delicious. :yummy: We went out to a small eatery for an early dinner. It's tucked away so you cannot see it from the street, half bakery/half diner. I had the tastiest veggie frittata with a homemade English muffin and cinnamon butter. It was out of this world!
Sweet Bites frittata.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't take credit for this but had to post because it was so delicious. :yummy: We went out to a small eatery for an early dinner. It's tucked away so you cannot see it from the street, half bakery/half diner. I had the tastiest veggie frittata with a homemade English muffin and cinnamon butter. It was out of this world!View attachment 229002
What is in it?? That looks outstanding =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats had (ground) turkey and beef offal.
Some of the dogs had tripe, a few had chicken, all had beef offal and leftover sweet potato =D
We had chicken and mashed sweet potatoes because I did some extra work this evening, and we have no new foods that need testing, so comfort food it is.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baked open-faced frittata, filled with Asparagus, Zucchini, Onions, Potatoes, Tomatoes, and Pepper Jack Cheese. Served with Choice of Toast or Angel Food Pancakes (I asked them to leave out the cheese.)
No, don't mind me, I drool like this all the time.
I know it wasn't yours but it sounds fantastic and we must both attempt a re-creation!!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the last (that's thawed) serving of ground chicken burrito casserole, reheated in the microwave. i'll check on the baby zucchini's i still have in the fridge (in a 'green bag'), and have those if they're still good. and a slice of dutch apple bundt cake with some whipped topping for dessert.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats: Ground turkey necks and whole duck hearts!
Dogs: Duck necks, lamb hearts, and turkey thigh (boneless) chunks and yogurt.
On my own tonight: Same as last night (chicken thighs, potatoes) with a salad and a beer. Ahh. =)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We went out for lunch yesterday and each have half a sandwich left. We'll have that with a salad.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch = "BAS" (big *ss salad), fruit, and yogurt. Nom!
Dinner, I have no idea. Not a clue!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have 6 pork chops thawing. I'll make a pan of dressing, then bake the chops on top of it. That way, I can cut it into six servings, wrap and freeze 5 of them, and have the other tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm singing about rice and eggs. Steam rice, put a raw egg in it, cover it, let the egg set/steam a bit, and voila. Simple, delicious.
I used to do something very similar, but would add simple veggies to the rice while steaming, then add the egg. Kinda like fried rice, but steamed. YES, delicious!

Tonight, spaghetti, simply because I'm going to be cooking up 2-3 pounds of it for the freezer, and why not just eat one serving while I'm at it.

SIGH...with my love of simplicity, I think that when I do my major shopping now, the following Sunday I'll thaw ALL of my meats, season and bake, then freeze the cooked portions, labels with their seasonings.

Status
Not open for further replies.