What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I donated blood today so I picked up a pre made salad from Safeway as I don’t feel like making a big meal. Cookie dough ice cream for dessert. :yummy:
:thumbsup:
Your recipient thanks you :redheartpump:
Edit: My stir fry was delish but that ice cream sounds mighty good!!
My favorites are cookie dough and the chocolate with chunks of peanut butter. And Moose tracks, too. OH and don't forget chocolate chip. And we have a fantastic little place that makes a strawberry cheesecake ice cream from scratch that is to DIE for...

is there really such a thing as "bad" ice cream?
Most of my dogs and cats get a smidge of vanilla if it's in the house. Pet food purists, don't kill me. =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking out loud (or, by typing...)
tomorrow we might prep sweet potatoes for fries. I have a huge huge hankering for french fries but like making my own stuff, because it's fun and why not?
In the past we've made them by cutting them up, soaking them in oil/salt and then baking. They are really good, but not crisp. We once baked them like usual, then seared in a hot pan for a few moments. They were good, but something was "off" about them, the crispiness wasn't there.
We've made potato chips from potatoes, oil and salt. They are outstanding. I wonder if soaking the fries in oil and searing them at a medium high/high heat and skipping the baking all together would work...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! A small serving won’t hurt your pet our hound dog loved ice cream :) I just make sure there’s no chocolate because it’s harmful but vanilla isn’t!
I agree on occasional vanilla!!!! Ours don't get chocolate no matter what they beg for/ask for/pretend they're starving...
The sugar isn't good for them...but it's not good for me either. ;)
We've made ice cream in the past from the raw ingredients, and the results have been mixed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I DON'T KNOW what I'm having! I went shopping...there are too many choices! However, the damned hot dogs are calling my name...all that food, and I keep thinking about the HOT DOGS! This is getting pathological.

Nut butters are delicious but cursed as it's very possible and very easy to polish off a whole damn jar with nothing but a spoon, a bib, and a week of wondering "what the heck was I thinking"!
Ain't it the sad, sad truth!

Most of my dogs and cats get a smidge of vanilla if it's in the house.
Hekitty won't touch ice cream. She will, however, climb your leg and fight you for raspberry sherbet. I do NOT understand that cat.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I DON'T KNOW what I'm having! I went shopping...there are too many choices! However, the damned hot dogs are calling my name...all that food, and I keep thinking about the HOT DOGS! This is getting pathological.

Ain't it the sad, sad truth!

Hekitty won't touch ice cream. She will, however, climb your leg and fight you for raspberry sherbet. I do NOT understand that cat.
When I had my poodle, 20 years ago, a co-worker brought some doggie ice cream at the grocery store for her. She would not eat it. I don't see it in the stores anymore. I guess it did not sell well. Fancy was getting senile so maybe that's why she would not eat it.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to have a tabby that loved ice cold chunks of honeydew melon. You could hear her crunching on chunks of honeydew. I would have a bowl of of them for myself in the summer when I first noticed her stealing the honeydew. It was so cute to watch her eat them. I was afraid she would get sick but she never did. I've never seen a cat do that before, ever!

..oh yes, I've had cats that like to lick on vanilla ice cream. But they really go nuts for whipped cream!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiced chicken with eggs over easy, seared vegetables on the side. Freaking scrumptious. This one definitely goes into the file.
I'll occasionally skim cream off milk and whip it up and let the cats have at it. It's like watching 3 year old kids in a candy shoppe =D

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm cooking dinner now. I got a sausage, tomato, potato stew going with onion, zuchini, garlic, and beans. It's a diet friendly stew that's hearty and surprisingly tasty and stick to your ribs kind of food as my mom used to say! I'll probably have some whole grain bread and low fat milk with that.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@1bruce1 I think cooks country / America's test kitchen has a recipe for crispy french fries, but I unfortunately don't remember any of the details...you might look into it...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@1bruce1 I think cooks country / America's test kitchen has a recipe for crispy french fries, but I unfortunately don't remember any of the details...you might look into it...
I *LOVE* America's test kitchen!!!!!
I will check it out, I've seen their stuff on TV and some of it is on you tube.
Great idea, thanks!!!!

(PS as I type my youngest kitten is walking around the place, squawking as loud as she can, with a toy mouse in her mouth. I think she's wondering why America's Test Kitchen has never grilled mouse, LOL)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up a serving of kielbasa and scalloped potatoes :yummy: , some sliced raw zucchini with salad dressing as dip, and a slice of dutch apple bundt cake with some whipped topping (i'm working on using up the last container of the stuff) for dessert.
That sounds delicious!!!
We had a late lunch and will probably skip dinner. We had other stuff to do and had no time for fun food stuff so we had steamed eggs, one of my favorites! We threw in some zucchini and pepper as a side. It wasn't "Great" but old fashioned comfort food.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@1bruce1 :thumbsup: your furbaby is right of course!
I'll agree....very quietly....she already has a, shall we say, very high opinion of herself. She doesn't need things going to her head!
Aaaaaaaand the minute I hit "send" I hear the sound of a rhino ice skating through the living room, a huge crash, a pause, then "MROW? MAARAW?? MAAAW?? MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR???? ........Mrow?"
OMG.:flail::crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.