Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem, Bruce :thumbsup::lol:
Now I'm scared of what contraption you might possess :flail::flail:
;);););)

Tonight will be a fajita thing with chicken, peppers, onions, and some other random crap we'll probably throw in because when you're my age, adding garlic to a dish of food is what living on the edge is all about.
The dogs are having a meal of beef heart with the rare side dish of leftover (pureed) vegetables, pumpkin, whole eggs (shells and all) and some yogurt with some blended organ meat with organ blends (liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen).

The cats will have some turkey chunks, eggs (yolks only), the same organ blend with some added heart muscle meat.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh heavens, but I love beef heart. Mom used to stuff the heart and roast it.

Anyway, ahem....sorry. I took a dough ball out of the freezer this morning and stuck it in the fridge. Pizza tonight. And Dear Richard said that, since I have a meeting and won't be home til later on, he'll try his hand at making the pizza. Caramelized onions, pepperoni, cheeses, green and red peppers, etc. I made the sauce last night.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...I did do the shepherd's pie, and had it again last night, and will almost certainly polish it off tonight, out of sheer laziness. And it really doesn't keep well for more than three days, so there's that. Now, TOMORROW, I'll have bacon and tomato sandwiches for lunch, to get a little more bacon drippings, then I'll bake my pie, and my cornbread for the stuffing, and take the bread out of the package to stale nicely for the dressing/stuffing. And have a hot dog for supper, cause I won't be willing to really COOK with Thursday staring me in the face!

OH! I was jerked out of bed far, far too early this morning to the sound of a God-aweful crash from the kitchen...staggered out half asleep to find that the glass cover from the overhead light had fallen to the floor. There was glass across three rooms. Spent the better part of an hour sweeping. Reported it to the landlord, who will have the fixture replaced. The silver lining in this is that the fixture was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and the ones they are using now are much prettier! AND they don't make the covers for the old ones anymore!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a lazy day today so I'm making a pasta casserole courtesy of a good friend with garlic bread and coconut milk mini-ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
Best part of casserole is leftovers, that's what's on the menu for tonight. Picked up a fresh cheese bread and DH had a craving for 3-berry pie, (blueberry, raspberry and blackberry). :yummy:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heavens, but I love beef heart. Mom used to stuff the heart and roast it.

Anyway, ahem....sorry. I took a dough ball out of the freezer this morning and stuck it in the fridge. Pizza tonight. And Dear Richard said that, since I have a meeting and won't be home til later on, he'll try his hand at making the pizza. Caramelized onions, pepperoni, cheeses, green and red peppers, etc. I made the sauce last night.
And beef heart is cheaper, and is just another muscle meat! I think it falls into the "organ" category a lot, and it's harder to wrap your mind around eating something like that.
The animals love it for all the above reasons, and it's loaded with taurine and other goodies.
That pizza sounds delicious. :yummy:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This recipe
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ tsp five spice powder
2 tablespoons honey
1 ½ pounds pork chops
Instructions
  1. 1. Combine ingredients in a zip lock bag and marinate 30 minutes to one hour.
  2. 2. Preheat grill and grill until pork is no longer pink in the middle, approximately 6 minutes each side

Except I did sirloin pork steaks, almost 4 lbs, 2 ziploc bags and 2 marinades, FOUR HOURS marinate, and then medium in a skillet with olive oil 4 minutes, flip, 5 minutes
    Then a bag of steamed asian style rice with edamame

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fooood. Love talking about it. I had left over chicken soup from the fridge with noodles..delicious! I'm a little sick so it really hit the spot. For dinner I bought 5 pounds of live dungeness crabs (2) and steamed them. My bf microwaved some butter with garlic and salt (woah too delicious). We enjoyed the crabs with some healthade kombucha in the california grape flavor which is my favorite kombucha of all time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took a quart of chili out of the freezer. Figured that, since I was making cornbread tonight anyway for the stuffing tomorrow, we might as well eat the last of the chili with some of the bread.

Rick did a good job on the pizza. He spread the dough, added the sauce, and layered the toppings and cheeses. It was good and I was really happy that I didn't have to do it as I didn't get home from my meeting until going on 7:00. Just as I drove up the driveway, he was taking the pizza from the oven. I could smell it as I walked in the door. (Remember the comic strips where the guy is floating on air as he smells the food? Well, that was me last night. :) My nose led me right to the kitchen.)

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my nail bed is achy what's that about

roasted turkey with Alton Brown's turkey brine overnight, and instead of an apple I put a Japanese Pear Apple in the cavity just to see what happens
can of cranberry that I juice a tangelo into along with the zest, and simmered with a mexican cinnamon stick
giblet gravy
Rhodes Yeast Rolls
garlic parmeasan mashed potatoes
honey butter
cornbread dressing
green bean casserole with bacon in it
made deviled eggs with horseradish sauce in it, bacon in it, and smoked paprika over it
I'm also cooking a bag of my step daughter's apples she was going to throw out... lemon juice, salt, sugar, dark brown sugar, butter, a small bit of bourbon, and a few taps of the apple pie spice

Status
Not open for further replies.