What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A former state governor collects turkey carcasses every year to use for soups and such. It has been written up in the newspaper and one year he got like 80 carcasses :D

Michael Dukakis loves turkey carcasses - The Boston Globe
Readers leave turkey carcasses at Dukakis home - The Boston Globe
Michael Dukakis still making his specialty — turkey carcass soup - The Boston Globe
Now how cool is that?! But 80 of them? Oh my!

Tonight we're having meatloaf, with cheese-scalloped potatoes and carrots, and green beans. With pumpkin bars as a bit of dessert.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dukakis must have a very large stock pot! :p I refrigerated the bones from my one solitary chicken and just put them in the crockpot this morning with onion, carrot and celery for stock. The kitchen sure smells good....like chicken soup. Imagine that! :)

I'm feeling too lazy to make chicken enchiladas, so dinner tonight will either be more roast chicken, or maybe chicken soup with noodles or rice.

Either way I'm having corn fritters. We were talking about corn fritters here several months ago, and this morning I just got around to making a batch...with cheddar cheese. :yummy:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, suppah's ready for whoever wants to join. The mashed taters have fresh chopped dill and garlic that was roasted up inside the bird. They are TDF!!!
This turned into quite a Thanksgiving pregame session. Thanks, alcohol! :beerchug: 20181118_165859.jpg

EDIT
Ever feel like you're being watched? I just turned around whilst eating and this is the scene behind me.
20181118_171206.jpg
I'm actually a little bit scared. :help:

Hahahahahahaha

Last edited:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got so lazy tonight. Everything was prepackaged. Honey chipotle pork loin with steamer veggies sour cream and onion potatoes and broccoli w carrot in a light sauce. None of the flavors exactly went together, but they all tasted decent and I didn't have to buy more groceries.
I have to look up some stuff on Pinterest how to round out this package of sweet hotdog buns and margaritaville baja buffalo shrimp... like sandwiches, and I'll make some potato salad since I have 3 pound leftover from the two 5lb bogo I ended up with to make the zuppa toscana and then have enough for garlic parmeasan mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving.
I got $68 left for the month, and Thanksgiving is almost entirely supplied except my celery may go limp and no one has butter on sale.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gotta double check my stuff to see when the turkey has to go brine, when the rolls have to thaw and rise, and I know for certain the cornbread gets made on Wednesday for the dressing, so I guess I should take the buttermilk out of the freezer tomorrow with the herbs. If the celery starts to go limp I'll just sweat the onions and celery and toss them in the freezer and the rest of the celery is just going to simmer in the giblet gravy. I should pick up a pack of gizzards because I don't know what's up my turkey's butt this year.
I get three weeks off after this until the Christmas Party, and then on Christmas I cook chinese food after I pick my bf up from the airport Christmas Eve.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tacos. :yess:
And a large freezer to hold all those carcasses:biggrin:

The corn fritters look yummy :yummy:

I say we plan a road trip to m3rma1d m3rma1d and orange&white orange&white 's houses for Thanksgiving:D 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 , you in? And not just securely strapped in the van ;):lol:
I'm in. I'd recommend a stapler this time to make sure I don't go flying out a window. :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.