What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti, and I have to go take the sauce out of the freezer right now, or it will be fried egg sandwiches!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last night was littleneck clams. Tonight is an arugula salad with chicken.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably a pulled pork sandwich. My mom sent me with some so I'll probably have that with tositos hint of lime tortilla chips I just bought. They are a little expensive but worth it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Friends are having dinner with us tonight. Our menu: rib eyes, Louisville Wings, crock pot beans (from the freezer), broccoli salad (I wanted to do a grilled Caesar salad, but Rick was hungry for broccoli salad instead), a loaf of Semolina Bread (from the freezer; it's thawing now) slathered with garlic-herb butter and several cheeses and then grilled, and Lemonade Party Cake with fresh strawberries. I had twice-baked potatoes planned, but Rick took the beans out of the freezer instead. Easier to heat up the beans, I guess. We have margaritas and I made mint tea.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We will be having leftovers. I have dried lima beans cooked with ham in the pot. We will have some gluten free baked cornbread with it. On the side will be fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and sweet fresh onions sliced in a bowl with vinegar, salt and pepper.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at Trader Joes, sampling their Chicken Teriyaki with brown rice...

Guess what is for supper tonight????? YUP...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good question. I just looked through the freezer and it is such a raw, rainy day that I took out a container of soup.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece is making red beans and rice with andouille sausage. I just use canned beans and Tony Chacheres seasoning mix but she is making it from scratch. So ambitious! :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tuna salad sammiches. I forgot to take anything out of the freezer, and I don't feel in the mood for spaghetti tonight. Or maybe either fried egg or egg salad sandwiches (see, I really can spell it).

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night for dinner I cooked a package of frozen broccoli and a package of tofu. I really need to eat more vegetables. But I have a problem with my colon and I have to be careful about which vegetables I eat.

Muffy

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My niece is making red beans and rice with andouille sausage. I just use canned beans and Tony Chacheres seasoning mix but she is making it from scratch. So ambitious! :lol:
Yum. That sounds wonderful.

It's rainy here, too. I took a quart of chili out of the freezer last night. With Vermont Cornbread.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our meal with be homemade chicken salad, baked beans and some corn on the cob from the freezer.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Baked chicken breast and Impossibly Easy Veggie pie. I remember the freezer today!

Status
Not open for further replies.