What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...hot dogs with onions and cheese!  I"m going to put the daybed together later on, and I don't want to deal with cooking tonight on top of that!

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took out 3 individually packaged 4 oz chicken breast from the freezer. I made mine into a sandwich with lite mayo, spinach leaves, and a slice of tomato. I cubed and sauteed the other two breasts with broccoli and julienned onion, tossed in Blue Dragon General Tao sauce and poured over white rice for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking tuna on a large veggie salad. Or just tuna salad sandwiches with a salad. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pork chop with barbecue sauce and green beans with new potatoes in garlic/parm sauce.

Someone asked me about this sauce, and I don't think I posted anything about it.  It's simple in the extreme.  A little butter, melted on low heat.  Minced garlic added and allowed to sweat.  Mix in parm to taste when garlic is sweated, pour over beans and potatoes and toss.  About as basic as you can get.  I can do fancy, but when cooking for just me, I tend to dumb it down.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Going out for a late lunch/early dinner at a local fish place.. on the water, where you can see the harbor and the airport--watch planes coming in for landings, take off, etc.. great fish.. very, very casual.. excellent fish. Just a hole in the wall, but pretty well known.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Going out for a late lunch/early dinner at a local fish place.. on the water, where you can see the harbor and the airport--watch planes coming in for landings, take off, etc.. great fish.. very, very casual.. excellent fish. Just a hole in the wall, but pretty well known.
Good! I hope you have a great time. If anyone deserves a special treat, it's you!! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Good! I hope you have a great time. If anyone deserves a special treat, it's you!! 
Oh I do not know know about that.. my mouth is set on scallops!!! baked or grilled scallops with 2 coleslaw. The dinners come with rice pilaf, coleslaw and a roll. Since I am supposedly dieting, I am going to skip the rice and the roll--never eat bread with a meal. 

The fried clam plate is amazing!! and the lobster roll is gigantic! I do not eat the roll!! just the lobster with some onion rings!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

You have a great time!!! 

Dinner depends on what we're doing. Rick would like to get his hair trimmed tonight; if we do that, we'll stop in the mall for a slice of pizza. If we decide to keep our butts at home, a DiGiorgo will do fine, too. (I'm leaning toward our butts being at home.)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh I do not know know about that.. my mouth is set on scallops!!! baked or grilled scallops with 2 coleslaw. The dinners come with rice pilaf, coleslaw and a roll. Since I am supposedly dieting, I am going to skip the rice and the roll--never eat bread with a meal. 

The fried clam plate is amazing!! and the lobster roll is gigantic! I do not eat the roll!! just the lobster with some onion rings!!
Yes you do deserve a treat!. If Artie could talk, he'd agree for sure! 

I love fried clams. Grilled scallops!! YUM and they are good for you. I like to get shrimp steamed with Old Bay. The seafood counter at Publix (our local grocery chain) will do that at no extra charge. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear Lord, hot dogs AGAIN!  I put that daybed together today.  The instructions said that two people could do it, but a third would be nice.  ONE person, and an older one at that, CAN do it, but will be wiped out when it's done!  I just canNOT deal with cooking tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Lord, hot dogs AGAIN!  I put that daybed together today.  The instructions said that two people could do it, but a third would be nice.  ONE person, and an older one at that, CAN do it, but will be wiped out when it's done!  I just canNOT deal with cooking tonight.
i've done that too, where the instructions for something say 2 or 3 people and it's just me doing it. and you're doing very well eating anything for dinner, as there have been days that i've been so tired that i simply don't have it in me to heat anything up or make dinner at all. and......
, for getting that daybed put together!!!

i'll heat up (more) lasagna, have some raw veggies, and 3 or 4 vanilla sandwich cookies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arby's fish sandwich meal! Curly fries are good... but shouldn't have ordered a large I'm feeling it now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are having dinner with friends tonight. She told me yesterday that she was making either a meat loaf or a ham loaf, but wasn't sure what she was making to go with it. I am taking Orange Lemonade and a New York-style Crumb Cake (from America's Test Kitchen) and a bowl of sliced strawberries to spoon over the crumb cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.