What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

a nice full meal tonight for me! i've been so busy for the last few days that i haven't eaten as well as i should. so i'll have quiche, a handful of mini pretzels, some carrot and celery pieces with ranch dressing as a dip, a few spoonfuls of (canned) tropical fruit, and a slice of cherry pie.
Nice! That sounds yummy.

I think tonight will be Chinese, if I can talk Rick into it. If that doesn't work out, "It's not delivery; it's Digiorno".

Tomorrow is our corned beef and cabbage day!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Nice! That sounds yummy.

I think tonight will be Chinese, if I can talk Rick into it. If that doesn't work out, "It's not delivery; it's Digiorno".

Tomorrow is our corned beef and cabbage day!
I had Chinese last night. Won ton soup and egg roll. I had frozen them the last time I got Chinese. Heat and eat 

I may get some deli corned beef and some rye bread to make a sandwich. DD doesn't like it. 

Who knows what tonight will be. Friday is usually a take out night. I let her decide. She's picky, picky, picky. I can find something pretty much anywhere. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with a stromboli last night. It worked.

Tonight is our corned beef and cabbage. I'm going to try it in the oven this time. And I'm making Irish Soda Bread Muffins (they are so good). And a lemon meringue pie this time around. Rick is not looking forward to the corned beef, but he is looking forward to the pie. He really likes pie and it's something I don't make that often.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cubed steak covered in tomato sauce.  I'm using up some odds and ends of meat from the freezer.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I'll be doing our corned beef in the crock pot any longer. I put it in the oven today.   3-pound piece of brisket at 325 F for about 3 hours, took the beef out of the Dutch oven, and added the potatoes and carrots and put the beef back in on top and let it go for another 40 minutes or so, covered tightly (I always put a piece of parchment paper on top of my Dutch oven, then I put the lid on top). Then I steamed the cabbage; I sliced two thin pieces of cabbage down to the core, buttered the cut sides, sprinkled with freshly ground pepper and steamed for 20 minutes.. Excellent. It was truly excellent. The meat was nice and pink and the juices were so good. I did use the seasoning packet, along with some extra McCormick Pickling Spices.

I also made the Irish Soda Bread Muffins and we had the lemon meringue pie for dessert. Outstanding dinner. Even Rick said so. 

We ate early tonight because he's pooped after working today. I think we'll be going to bed early tonight to watch tv (go to sleep).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm thinking i'll have a grilled cheese sandwich, some chicken ramen soup, some (canned) tropical fruit, a handful of mini pretzels, and a few oatmeal peanut butter cookies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so excited we're ordering in Chinese food tonight, haven't had it in ages.  We spent the better part of the day at a Pet Expo and I'm starving.  DH is having Mongolian Beef with an order of egg rolls and I'm getting Vegetable Egg Foo Young withe vegetable fried rice.  It makes me a little sad though because when our dog was here he "loved" the white rice.  We always shared it with him and ordering Chinese food reminds me of him so much. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Reubens! 
 I took some sauerkraut out of the freezer last night. Rick said he'd run for some pumpernickel and I can throw together some smokey 1,000 dressing. I'm going to make some coleslaw to go with our sandwiches. Yum. And we still have pie for dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have absolutely no idea.. I am exhausted from helping at the Church's coffee and pastry brunch from this morning....

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm with @Artiemom  , but with no excuse whatsoever.  I just haven't thought about it.  I may make egg salad sandwiches.  Haven't had them in a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken - It's a recipe from Light & Tasty (2007). I'm using my own dehydrated tomatoes instead of prepared sun-dried tomatoes; I've done it before and it's worked out fine. Goat cheese.....I love goat cheese. And for sides, spicy mustard potatoes (also from Light & Tasty) and a simple salad.

I need to lighten things up a bit after all that corned beef!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
God only knows.  Tomorrow is grocery day.  I have a BUNCH of stuff in the freezer and fridge, but my list is made out and I hate to use anything!  It's a quirk of mine.  Probably tuna salad sandwiches.  They are quick, easy and don't require an addition to the list!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lasagna last night, and i'll reheat more lasagna tonight! i'll have some raw veggies with ranch salad dressing as a dip, and 3 oatmeal peanut butter cookies -- to round out my meal.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Rick wants to make is fine with me as I won't get home until later. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to make zucchini lasagna but zucchini was extremely expensive so I decided on tacos. Mine will be low carb.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hot dogs.  I am too tired to deal with anything more than that.  And I may just fry an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.