What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Same thing as last night...spaghetti.  The new batch of sauce turned out very well, and I can't seem to get it off of my mind today!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Chopped kale salad with avocado, pine nuts and cranberries plus french onion bagel. I didn't need the extra carbs but what the heck. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is not allowed to eat anything today; he starts prepping for his colonoscopy tonight. I'll just nuke up a Lean Cuisine meal for myself and that will be it.

(I can hear my husbands's stomach rumbling even from ten miles away this morning! He is not a happy camper!)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rick is not allowed to eat anything today; he starts prepping for his colonoscopy tonight. I'll just nuke up a Lean Cuisine meal for myself and that will be it.

(I can hear my husbands's stomach rumbling even from ten miles away this morning! He is not a happy camper!)
Ugh. I hope it goes well. :cross:

zucchini noodles with chicken and spaghetti sauce here.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm SO glad I got here early!  I forgot to take the pork chop out of the freezer!  I'm kinda boring.  Since I live alone, and I don't have a separate freezer, I tend to buy meats that are naturally single-servings, mostly pork chops and chicken breasts (not fond of dark meat).  Now, I do bake the occasional loin, or buy a pound of ground beef or turkey for Shepherds' Pie or something like that, and I do make and freeze big batches of spaghetti sauce, but that's about it.  Most of my variety comes from whatever veggie I've decided on, and they are all frozen, and mostly the steamables...that's a function of only having a ride to shop once a month.  Fresh is just about out after the first few days!  

I've been thinking of branching out a bit...I can make up a biggish batch of meatloaf mix and bake it in large muffin cups, cool, wrap and freeze, then just thaw and heat anytime!  Lasagna can be baked, cut into single portions, wrapped and frozen as well.   So can my basic grits casserole, and THAT, my dears, can have any number of things added that make it a  meal, ham, bacon, sausage, broccoli, onions, bell pepper...Hmmmm...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a huge chicken breast out of the freezer yesterday, for stir-fried chicken and veggies over brown rice.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not the least clue, and HAVE to decide in the next few minutes or the question will decide itself.  Either get something out to thaw, or go with tuna salad or egg salad or fried eggs sandwiches!  Actually, the latter sounds rather nice...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner from one of my favorite places and they have the best milkshakes so I will buy a Reese's milkshake as well for my dessert. :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pizza! I swear we could have pizza every night and I'd be happy. Italian sausage, onions, peppers, and 'shrooms. With a mix of mozz and Jack shredded cheeses. Yum. I always make huge pizzas, so there will be plenty.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Pizza! I swear we could have pizza every night and I'd be happy. Italian sausage, onions, peppers, and 'shrooms. With a mix of mozz and Jack shredded cheeses. Yum. I always make huge pizzas, so there will be plenty.
I love pizza! never attempted to make my own, but we have a ton of pizza places who deliver around here. My favorite is still mushroom pizza. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm gonna make a STROMBOLI!  I have a batch of sauce out thawing, and I'm gonna make my biscuit thingy and make a stromboli.  Never have, but I want to try it!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had cheeseburger stromboli from a local place here. It's like a calzone basically.. and the stromboli I had was really good!

I'm having a chicken bacon caesar salad for dinner tonight from walmart. I love their salads.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I'm gonna make a STROMBOLI!  I have a batch of sauce out thawing, and I'm gonna make my biscuit thingy and make a stromboli.  Never have, but I want to try it!
@Mamanyt1953, how did your stromboli turn out? We love stromboli!

Tonight is leftover night. We're taking everything out of the fridge and will munch from that. It's a smorgasbord! 
 There's some salad, some pizza, some shredded pork, some crock pot beans, a little of this, some of that. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

@Mamanyt1953, how did your stromboli turn out? We love stromboli!

Tonight is leftover night. We're taking everything out of the fridge and will munch from that. It's a smorgasbord! 
 There's some salad, some pizza, some shredded pork, some crock pot beans, a little of this, some of that. 
Mixed results, mostly because I did NOT have grated cheese (I knew that would be an issue going in), and have made note to self to roll dough out thinner and add baking time due to wet ingredients.  It was edible, fairly tasty, and good enough to let me know that with the adjustments next time, I could be looking at a 50 pound weight gain if I am not careful!

For tonight...a baked chicken breast with something.  Not sure what yet.  Since my veggies are all steamable, I can decide at the last minute what looks good to me.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

i'll have quiche (reheated in the microwave), some raw carrot and celery pieces with some ranch salad dressing as a dip, and cherry pie for dessert!
    I love quiche, haven't had it in awhile and I'm craving it now. 

It was bitter cold today so I had vegetable soup with half of a french onion bagel followed by fresh blackberries for dinner.  Trying to stay awake, losing an hour of sleep for daylight saving time is taking it's toll on me. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Rick makes tonight will be fine with me. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We went out to eat Saturday and both got chicken, blue cheese, cranberry and arugula paninis and brought half home. We'll be having the half with a salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.