What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
 No, sorry. I've tried different rices in the crock pot and wasn't pleased about any of the results. Mushy. 

Tonight is take-out pizza. We've been invited to dinner with some friends and she wants pizza.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stir Fry.  I had the heel of that pork roast in the freezer.  I'm going to sliver it, combine with the bag of frozen stir-fry veggies that has been lurking in my freezer, and make a teriyaki sauce for it.  No rice, but I really don't need the extra carbs...especially since there is a half-gallon of Blue Bunny Chocolate Brownie ice cream sitting right next to the stir-fry veggies. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make my rice in the instant pot. So easy, just add rice, water (I normally use broth instead), butter and salt. Close and press a button, when it beeps it's done.

Tonight we are ordering sushi and Chinese food.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have been so tempted to get a rice cooker.

We are having a low-fat version of chicken cacciatore tonight. With garlic-parm yeast rolls.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a really basic one button rice cooker. Works great
I can put the steamer basket on top and reheat leftovers that way. You can get cookers with multiple buttons and features and sensors and fancy stuff but those are way too unecessary IMO.

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. I'm going to Mom's house and she never plans out dinner. It's usually a frozen piece of meat she takes out of the freezer like an hour before dinner and ends up defrosting in the microwave 
Mom's recipe repertorie is extrememly limited so dinner will most likely be another boring sitr fry that is way too heavy on the soy sauce

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a huge salad for supper with either a hard boiled egg, a piece of thawed cooked chicken, and/or some kidney beans... need protein. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Barbecued chicken pizza with red onion, mariachi peppers, smoked provolone and shredded Jack. I just put the dough together and it's rising. I'll have enough for three dough balls; two will go into the freezer and we'll have pizza tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A baked chicken breast with...something!

OH...someone asked about my garlic parm sauce.  It is VERY simple.  I mince the garlic VERY finely, and sweat over low heat it in butter (you could use olive oil, but go with the extra virgin for this).  When it is just transparent, I remove it from the heat, whisk in grated parmesan and toss it with the veggies.  I can't begin to tell you the measurements, I just go with what feels right at the moment!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
oops... posted in the "What's the last thing you ate"  thread...

huge salad.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since i have to go into the city after work (Buffalo)  for my hair.. i am ordering takeout from this place i used to go when i was at University..They have this Crispy beef.. never had it or seen it anywhere but there in all my days..and i love the ginger dressing on the side salad! I haven't had it for over ten years.. cant wait.. nom nom nom.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My boss was wild pig hunting down south last week. He got two boars. He brought in a ton of sausage for us (he's wonderful about sharing when he hunts). I took some sweet Italian links and some bulk sausage. He always asks me what I'm going to make with my sausage.

This time around, I'm using the bulk sausage in a Cook's Country recipe that's a combination of frittata and popover with sausage, onion, and potatoes. Should be good! I'll slice the Italian links on Saturday and use them in a pizza. He always has really good sausage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.