What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the info, rubysmama! I have a feeling I'll enjoy both making and eating a lot of those things, especially the black bean burgers, I'll have to hunt down a few good recipes.

Tonight's dinner will be just a lean pocket because im feeling too overwhelmed to cook and these legal finals are kicking my butt..[emoji]128549[/emoji]

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having one of my flatbread pizzas which I love.  Pita Bread > tomato sauce . green peppers > red peppers . > arugula > Colby cheese > feta cheese > and olive oil.  It only takes a few minutes to put together and five minutes to cook!  I' m hooked on these.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for all the info, rubysmama! I have a feeling I'll enjoy both making and eating a lot of those things, especially the black bean burgers, I'll have to hunt down a few good recipes.
You're welcome.There's lots of vegetarian/vegan recipes out there.  I tend to be a bit of a boring eater, so I don't experiment as much as I could.  You'll have to let us know when you find good recipes.

Tonight I had Lentil soup, with some Triscuits. And raspberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Last night I made my homemade Mac & Cheese, with Broccoli on the side. And 2 clemintines for dessert.

(just took me ten minutes to type this, as a cat was sitting on my keyboard tray, so reaching the keyboard was hard and seeing the keys impossible!)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick just texted me about dinner. He says there's a frozen pizza margherita downstairs, so that's dinner tonight. Works for me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight will be scrambled eggs and potatoes.
I love that... like a frittata but stove top. I slice the potatoes about 1/4 of an inch thick, slowly fry them up, when almost done, add a beaten egg to it... man is it good!! can add some onions also..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Took some Thanksgiving turkey out of the freezer and I'm going to make a pot of turkey and corn chowder. Thinking about some kind of yeast rolls to go with.

It's going to be a raw day outside with low temps, lots of gusty winds and some snow flurries and showers. Chowder will hit the spot. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Tuna salad, I think.  I forgot to take anything out of the freezer.
love tuna salad on toasted white bread with chips on the side... need chips with tuna...

May make that tonight, as a matter of fact... I made a salad earlier today, but do not feel like having that now.....

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A big plate of roasted broccoli. I'm pretty boring for the most part with my eating. I keep it very simple. I eat 100% plant based, so vegan but I also do not eat refined sugar/grains/gluten. I eat only from the produce section of the store :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight's dinner will either be a big pot of chili or a meat loaf with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. Haven't decided yet. The ground beef is thawing in the microwave.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No chili or meat loaf last night. Doing the cookies took longer than I thought and I didn't feel like dealing with supper. We had leftover turkey chowder from Saturday night. 

I still have to use up that ground beef now. Thinking of getting chili ready tonight and throwing it in the crock pot tomorrow morning for dinner tomorrow night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's going to be either a ceasar salad with chicken or a shrimp and avocado salad.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9:43pm and I have no idea! Spent most of the evening doing laundry and Xmas shopping online, just got a shower and I suppose I should eat something even though it's late. And since I happened upon this thread, I'm hungry all of a sudden! I've got a Trader Joe's baked ziti in the freezer, those are always good when I'm not in a cooking mood, but I need to dump some garlic salt on it because it's 'reduced guilt' which means not enough salt. ;) Yep, time to eat!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick made dinner again last night. This time he made chili. I had had a hair appointment and I called him when I was on my way home. It was snowing heavily and I wanted him to know that I was on my way. He said that he had something warm for me. I figured it was either meatloaf or chili. And chili it was. And it was really good, too. He made sure I knew that he cooked twice this week! (That hardly ever happens!)

So tonight I'm cooking....no meetings, no hair appointment. Coming straight home from work. I took some chuck out of the freezer and I'm going to make beef stew in the pressure cooker tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.