What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Trying a new recipe tonight, spiralized parsnips with sausage and broccoli rabe.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
God only knows.  I was gone from 7:30am to 6pm.  Doctor's appt out of town, then grocery shopping for the next month afterwards.  Hot dog, maybe.  That takes minimal effort.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know if it will be a slice of pizza or chicken breast with brussels sprouts and green beans. Depends how tired I am later.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are going out to dinner tonight with Rick's sister and BIL. There's a fairly new restaurant in a neighboring town that they'd like to try; I guess they've been there for lunch, but never for dinner. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're going to my sister's tonight. Meatball subs (from the crockpot), baked beans, I'm taking my seven-layer salad, and my niece made a peppermint cheesecake. I made peanut brittle yesterday and am making fudge today. 

My sister has three bottles of Granny Z's Mint Iced Tea Wine and I'm taking Smirnoff. Rick said he's driving home.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had pulled pork enchiladas my brother made. They were amazing. I love when he cooks something when he's over!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ya'll are going to laugh at me, but for Christmas Dinner, I'm baking a Stouffer's Party Size lasagna, and serving with a big old fat salad with bacon bits AND croutons (hey...it's a celebration, calories be hanged) and garlic bread.  I know it isn't really "traditional," but I haven't had lasagna in forever, and the larger sizes taste better, AND I can cut into single serving sized and freeze them to microwave later.  It's just me, so I figured one big traditional mead a year is enough!  Do the turkey thing at Thanksgiving, then on Christmas, treat myself to something that I don't often get to have.  And, best of all, I'm actually drooling thinking about it!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ya'll are going to laugh at me, but for Christmas Dinner, I'm baking a Stouffer's Party Size lasagna, and serving with a big old fat salad with bacon bits AND croutons (hey...it's a celebration, calories be hanged) and garlic bread.  I know it isn't really "traditional," but I haven't had lasagna in forever, and the larger sizes taste better, AND I can cut into single serving sized and freeze them to microwave later.  It's just me, so I figured one big traditional mead a year is enough!  Do the turkey thing at Thanksgiving, then on Christmas, treat myself to something that I don't often get to have.  And, best of all, I'm actually drooling thinking about it!
I have no right to laugh. DD wants a bacon cheeseburger and tater tots. I'm having a ribeye steak. You can't get less traditional than that!

I like Stouffers. Our local grocery store had the family sized entrees on sale for $4.99 and there was a $2 off coupon on coupons.com. I bought a bunch of them. Their lasagna is quite good. I could eat garlic bread for breakfast. I still have some of their mac & cheese in the fridge. I love that stuff.

Enjoy your meal, have a Merry Christmas and please give that beautiful girl Hekitty a hug and kiss for me.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a stuffed pepper and a slice of cake for lunch, and dinner tonight is going to be some chicken noodle soup and a baked potato...maybe a few vanilla sandwich cookies, but i'll see if i feel like those. i've got a bit of a cold, so chicken-based soup is a must. i'm working on the old saying, 'feed a cold...', and also getting some extra vitamin C.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are doing our Christmas dinner today. At least we think we are. Winter Weather Advisory until 1:00 for freezing rain. So far, it hasn't done anything here; the kids are driving up from Lancaster, which is about two hours and that could be tricky if it starts freezing raining. So we're kind of hanging out, waiting until around 9:00 or so to figure something out.

I have to start cooking by 9:00 to have dinner by 2:00. So dinner may be around 3:00, depends on how things go.

Then again, dinner may be next Saturday! 
 It all depends on the weather gods.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We are debating between going out to eat or picking on leftovers from Christmas Eve. Neither of us feels like leaving the house, so I think we may just graze all day.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue today.  My microwave is dead, and most of my veggies are chosen because they steam in the microwave.  There ARE stove top instructions, but...I WANT MY MICROWAVE!  sniffle... ~waves sadly at the pitiful white box sitting by the dumpster~

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i'm thinking i'll have some chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. two or three oatmeal peanut butter sandwich cookies for dessert.
well, i wasn't hungry last night. so i'll have the grilled cheese sandwich, possibly some soup, and the two or three oatmeal peanut butter sandwich cookies for dinner tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tuna salad tonight.  I need something relatively light after the excesses of the past week!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Probably Lean Cuisine meals. Leftovers are gone, Rick is bowling early and we have errands to run right after work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.