What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a really busy day today. Hubby is stopping at the store on his way home from work. He is going to make Sloppy Joe's with ground pork for dinner.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Keeping it simple with a shepherds' pie tonight.  Hearty and rich and filling for a very cold evening.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I just love mac and cheese.

Thinking about  brats tonight.....I may try them in the air fryer, just to see what happens.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up a couple slices of pizza in the oven, have a handful of mini pretzels, probably a few slices of sweet bread & butter pickles, and 3 or 4 oatmeal peanut butter cookies.

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of Ryan's family are having a Christmas get-together tomorrow. Most of them are vegetarian so I'm making a giant bowl of roasted red pepper and garlic hummus. I'll probably snack on that while I'm making it instead of eating dinner.

Winchester, how do like your air fryer? I'm getting one for my mom for Christmas, I hope she'll like it..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I just love mac and cheese.

Thinking about  brats tonight.....I may try them in the air fryer, just to see what happens.
Ended up with delivery pizza last night (sausage, peppers, and 'shrooms). No brats. Didn't even get them out of the freezer.

I just took a chuck roast out of the freezer this morning. I'm hungry for shredded BBQ beef sandwiches. With a wee bit of potato salad. I know, it's snowing out there! But I really want a taste of summer.

Besides, the beef cooks in the oven for four hours. Four hours of heating the kitchen up a little bit. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue, although I'm really drooling thinking about a hot dog with onions and cheese, toasted in the oven...I have a thing for toasted onion and cheese hot dogs.  It is a sad, sad state of affairs.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner at a local place tonight where my work is hosting the Christmas party. The store pays for your meal, except alcohol. I think I will be having the

8 oz steak and 1/2 lb. of crab dinner. I'm not really into steak, but I heard theirs is good. And I love crab so it will work out well. Plus I will have mud pie for dessert,

and we all will probably share appetizers because theirs are huge. Should be a nice time!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers tonight. We have some shredded BBQ beef in the fridge as well as a couple brats with peppers and onions. Sandwiches are on the menu for tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
An ENORMOUS baked sweet potato!  A neighbor brought me a bag of them this morning, and one is the size of BOTH of my doubled fists together!  It will make a meal right by itself!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Turkey spaghetti again with rice instead of spaghetti or pasta.. Forgot to buy tomato puree while I was at the suparmarket
so I used spaghetti sauce that I already had in the fridge instead. Instead of carrots (can never dice a carrot small enough) I used a bag of frozen diced carrot and peas.  It's a very adaptable recipie

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterfish. I bought a presalted one from the store...delicious and buttery even when cooked plain!

Status
Not open for further replies.