What's Everyone Reading??

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Working on Kathy Reich's latest, "Cross Bones".
I liked that better than "The Da Vinci Code", but have enjoyed other books of hers more.
I've been reading a lot this past week: "Blood From a Stone" by Donna Leon (part of the Brunetti series), "Cold Service" by Robert B. Parker (a Spenser story), and "Cat's Eyewitness" by Rita Mae Brown. I just finished her latest, "Sour Puss", this evening. She's really changed a lot of things in her last three books.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Just started reading Marley and Me. I also got the Known World and A Million Little Pieces. I don't remember who they're by but they were in Oprah's book club. I'll let you now how they are!
I enjoyed Marley and me, though it's a little tear jerking. A million little pieces, I'm not so thrilled with, I started reading it after I knew it was partially made up so I think it ruined it.
I'm going to be reading "A child called It." It's about a boy who was maliciously abused by his alcoholic mother. From what I hear, it's pretty horrible...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I enjoyed Marley and me, though it's a little tear jerking. A million little pieces, I'm not so thrilled with, I started reading it after I knew it was partially made up so I think it ruined it.
I'm going to be reading "A child called It." It's about a boy who was maliciously abused by his alcoholic mother. From what I hear, it's pretty horrible...
It was very hard to read, but ended well (from what I remember.)

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarDust

I don't know if I should have put this in The Cat Lounge or if it's
already been done but here goes.

I love reading and am always interested in finding new books to read. So I thought this would be fun to hear what everyone else
is reading and how they like it so far. Or really good books
you have already read and would recommend to others to
check out.

Right now I'm reading The Dark Zone by Stephen King, so far I'm only
at page 127, it's keeping me interested but I haven't
read enough to really give a good review or descriptoion
on it yet lol

So what is everyone else reading right now?
I have been reading similar books! I got caught up in Dean Koontz! I saw his The Watchers on TV and I knew it was not quite right (actually all 3 of them were not quite right!!!!! LOL!) so I went and read it and now I am caught up in them! <sighL

Right now I am reading strangers!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Anyone know how many of 'The Cat Who..' books have been written? I guess that I have a long way to go yet, i believe 'Danish Modern' is the 2nd?
Here is a website about Lillian Jackson Braun and her Cat who books, for you!

http://wpl.lib.in.us/roger/bumbler.html

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Am so glad I found this thread, have been struggling to choose books from the library recently, partly cos there are so many, and partly cos most of the authors I like are in hardback, and I don't like hardback (although have relented this week with being off work). Finished a Jeffrey Deaver book this aft, and started on a Jonathon Kellerman. Have another couple of Jeffrey Deavers, an Agatha Christie, and a Richard Layman from the library, and a PD James and Dan Brown from my neighbour. That sort of says the kind of books I like!!! I also like true life crime/murder. Have got some good tips from this thread, but maybe still too many for me to narrow it down when I get to the library! I also recently went on a kids book mission, had to stop as I was getting bored of Enid Blyton though.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

I have been reading similar books! I got caught up in Dean Koontz! I saw his The Watchers on TV and I knew it was not quite right (actually all 3 of them were not quite right!!!!! LOL!) so I went and read it and now I am caught up in them! <sighL

Right now I am reading strangers!
Watchers was my first Dean Koontz book too, and it got me hooked! The only thing I notice, is he uses a lot of the same names or similar names in his books, and almost every animal in every book is called "Fur Face".
But otherwise, I love his books!

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I enjoyed Marley and me,

I just finished Marley & Me and loved it! My last dog was a yellow lab, so I could totally relate.

I read A Child Called It quite a few years ago and thought it was great. The subject matter is quite intense. I read it straight through without stopping when I was on a plane - then I bought the second book to the series and read it on the way home. I've read all of the books in that series. I think the last one is called A Man Named Dave.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Soka

Currently reading Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern by Anne McCaffry (sp)
Oooh that's a great series isn't it??

I am reading Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. It's good - quite dark, I don't mind it though.

I've just finished, finally, re-reading the Wheel Of Time series - and the new book, Knife Of Dreams. They got a bit slow there for a while but the last one was really good!

I'm a big fantasy nut, and at the moment my brother is competing (and winning) a television game show called the `Einstein Factor' and his knowledge specialty is `The Gap' series by Stephen Donaldson. Cool!

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the Pern Series. I've read a few of the books, and plan on reading the entire series.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the first few pages of The DiVinci Code last night, I didn't have time to read anymore than that. It seems interesting so far, so I hope the book is as good as everyone says it is.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it just me but are Patricia Cornwells books getting harder to enjoy anymore?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Is it just me but are Patricia Cornwells books getting harder to enjoy anymore?
No, it's not just you. For a while they seemed just too far out (the stuff with her niece and Benson, e.g. Blowfly), though the last one I read wasn't bad.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found that too, doesn't help when you read them out of sequence though!! I am reading a Michael Marshall book but have been unable to concentrate today, think I might re-read what I have already read tomorrow.

drider3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i love the darren shan books i ahve read them all and i have read all of the new series by him and i am just waiting for his new book to comes out it is going to be great i cant wait

remember look for Darren Shan