What's Everyone Reading??

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I recently read Koontz's "Velocity". I'm really starting to become a fan of his books.
I just got Clea Simon's "Mew is for Murder" (recommended in the TCS newsletter) in the mail today. I had to order it from the UK.
Right now I'm reading a cat care book. I'll post the title if it's recommendable. Right now I have mixed feelings, because it recommends feeding a dry diet.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I noticed that other people said they read books over and over. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I never used to do that but now I enjoy reading a good book more than once. I always notice things I missed the first time
A good book is always worth reading more than once. As you rightly say, there is always something that you didn't quite see the first time around

kc&sherman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm a "Cat Who..." addict, and I'm in the middle of "The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern" now. Anybody else read these? (I wasn't reading the whole thread, did somebody else already post this?)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kc&sherman

So I'm a "Cat Who..." addict, and I'm in the middle of "The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern" now. Anybody else read these? (I wasn't reading the whole thread, did somebody else already post this?)
Oh yes, there are quite a few of us! I'm on Number 15 - The Cat Who Went Into the Closet! They really are of good quality. Not just one "pilot" book, then a bunch of washed up sequels. They each are works unto themselves.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just started re-reading "The Pickwick Papers" by Dickens. I love the way he uses language and his sly humor.
Catfriend

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Therapy by Jonathon Kellerman, then got a Virginia Andrews series - it is 4 books in one volume and may be her 'Orphans' series.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Persig. I am curious if anyone has read this. It is not the fastest of reads, but it is very thought-provoking, very deep. Really good so far if you are in to philosophy type books.

One set of books I have read over and over is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. If you like historical drama type stuff, you will love it. It is a must read. The first book is "Outlander". Has anyone read these???

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

I am reading "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Persig. I am curious if anyone has read this. It is not the fastest of reads, but it is very thought-provoking, very deep. Really good so far if you are in to philosophy type books.

One set of books I have read over and over is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. If you like historical drama type stuff, you will love it. It is a must read. The first book is "Outlander". Has anyone read these???
I've had Outlander very highly recommended, but never bought it and couldn't get into it when I checked it out of the library. So I've got it on hold as a "book on tape" and am going to LISTEN to it. I really enjoy books I listen to, and I'm thinking I may buy it if I like it enough.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you should. Believe me, the first 20 or 30 pages is a little dull, but everything changes really quickly after that, promise!!! I think I might really like it on tape, with all the accents! But then again, it might ruin the pictures and sounds I've already got in my head!! Lol.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm finishing up Jonathan Srange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's a really fabulous book about magicians in 1800-England. It might be one of my all time favorite books!

Within the past two months or so I read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman, and A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin. They were all marvelous... especially the Pullman books.

I'm looking forward to finishing the Sally Lockheart Mystery Series (by Pullman) and the Earthsea Trilogy by LeGuin.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Yes, I have read Zen... -- several times. You're right, it's certainly not fast-paced, but there's something new each time you read it. Well worth the effort.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"We need to talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver
Has anyone else read this? I would be interested in your opinions about it.
Anne

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I'm reading 'Cats are smarter than Jack' 89 amazing true cat stories

By Jenny Campbell

It is one in a series of books ,and a percentage of the sales go to cats protection Charity in the U.K

I've been reading it for the past four weeks and I still find myself
looking through it to cheer myself up

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, Moose Jaw Murders by Bruce D. Fairman, As We Remember Her by Carl Sferrazza Anthony, Until We Meet Again by Michael Korenblit & Kathleen Janger, and Ghost Stories of Saskatchewan by Jo-Anne Christensen.

As you can tell, I read many books at one time.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading 'the Torment of Others' by Val McDERmid. Then got a few Agatha Christie books to get through.