What Would You Like A Tcs Shirt To Say?

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can I put in a vote for night shirts? I would love a sleeveless night gown/shirt like that

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if there would be picture of really cute kitten, then:

"Under this cute skin is a real carnivore" or "Under this cute skin is a real beast"

Cats are not only cute, they are also fully functional hunters.

I hope there was not already these things posted as I was lazy and did not read all pages, shame on me.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know most of mine are more than 10 words (although not if you don't **** "a" and "the"! - so may not work anyway :( But thought I'd throw them out there just in case!!

A slight variation on the one sent in by @kat0121:
The time spent reading this shirt could have been spent saving a cat

I got 99 Problems but my cat ain't 1.

Take a walk on the wild side. Help a feral.

Paws daily and appreciate your cat.

You don't choose cats. They choose you.

The best things in life are rescued.

A house without a cat is like a house without a heart.

Make room in your home for a cat - your heart will thank you.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

"Under this cute skin is a real carnivore" or "Under this cute skin is a real beast"

I hope there was not already these things posted as I was lazy and did not read all pages, shame on me.

I'd worry about this. cats are demonised for exactly that reason. they are the reason that birds are in decline (false) humans and their pesticides, and other icides and overcolonisation of the planet are the much bigger problems.

they are the reason for this and the reason for that. the most recent is toxoplamosis will kill you and your babies. I don't get the cat hate. :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd worry about this. cats are demonised for exactly that reason. they are the reason that birds are in decline (false) humans and their pesticides, and other icides and overcolonisation of the planet are the much bigger problems.

they are the reason for this and the reason for that. the most recent is toxoplamosis will kill you and your babies. I don't get the cat hate. :(
For the facts, go to alleycat.org/TruthAboutCats
But that's OT. Back with T-Shirts, "CATS SAVE LIVES" would be a much better thing to say as it is so true. Cats' purrs help strengthen their AND our bones, lower our blood pressure and make us feel content. Sharing life with cats strengthens our hearts and our immunity against allergens (yes, really) and diseases. Cats, more than members of any other species, are very positive for us! Even the allopathic (western, symptom-based only) practitioners (a/k/a doctors) are increasingly becoming aware of this.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I know it's all false. I"m just saying that quotes about them being hunters do nothing to reverse the demonisation

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If person is going to demonize cats, it will happen no matter what, there is something wrong with such person.

However also if person denies the fact that cats have that other side, that is equally bad.

For me cats are wonderful creatures because they have both sides, they are brutal hunters yet cute and affectionate creatures.

In nature, most beautiful are often most deadly. One should never forget that, tigers etc. have same drive in them, it would be foolish to pretend such part of cat does not exists.

Of course in modern world there are lot of persons that can't handle the reality of the world, people live in kind of bubbles, to kill is a way in nature, some die, some live, understanding world we live in requires accepting of reality, otherwise one lives in fake bubble without really understanding natural world around.

If we start to make our choices fearing what someone else might think, then we stop living, if someone is demonizing cats by exaggerating their effect, then that is sad, but I would not let them make choices of mine, that would be giving power to them, stand your ground and firmly hold your opinion, don't give in to those, proudly express what you know being true.

For certain I would be happy to to carry a shirt that reminds people cats have two sides.

Mine did hunt hundreds of little critters and tens of birds in 2 years, less than 10% effect and there was 5 hunting on very small area, which probably is worst case for wildlife, but denying effect would be not too wise either.
After all cat was very useful in history for controlling pests in grain storage, which cat is still used today.

Hardly innocent, but hardly a huge problem some articles claim which are mostly to sell some papers or gain funding, simple shock tactics which are way too common these days even at research circles. It's not just cat, look almost any research and you can find how small things are enlarged to ridiculous proportions, it is stupidity of modern times.

So why we should not be able to use the same shocking effect to draw attention? After all, if you are quiet, you are left to corner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That's an interesting discussion but probably worth an IMO thread. Let's please keep this thread on topic:thanks:

(If anyone wishes to keep discussing how we portray cats, please flag one of the above posts and ask a moderator to move them into a separate thread in IMO).

No night shirts are available through the Merch store. Only teeshirts (but in a selection of colors).

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For me, your post just reminded me of this thread, and the kitten on there saying, "Rawr !"
Best Attack Picture!

-------

I had another t-shirt idea but can't seem to get it down to 10 words!

Along with a picture of a cat push-purring a shirt or blanket,

"My cat kneads this shirt for me so TCS can make dough!"
:hugs:

Gillykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Life without cats? I DON'T think so!

Happiness = purrs

What part of miaow do you not understand?

All my children have whiskers

Great idea to have things on t-shirts....I'll definitely buy them! There's some great ideas on this thread....glad I'm not the one who has to choose just two! :headscratch:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here is a slightly different thought.

Use the caption."Go ahead..........make my day!" (I dont know if its copyrighted), underneath a picture of a very
angry cat. Hold a contest amongst TCS members for their submissions of their cats with winner getting the most votes.

The actual picture on the tshirt could be line drawing to reduce costs.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:bluepaw: “I meow for strays and ferals!” :greenpaw:
(with lots of cat silhouettes in the background)

Last edited:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
The Cat Site (written under our cute logo)
Not Just for Crazy Cat Ladies!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Cat Shirts with really cool Cat drawings, I have one that I just love.