What Is It With Cats And Computers?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat loved to lay on top of my computer monitor when I had one of the old crt type ones. He likes walking across the keyboard too. Once he stuck his paw on the keyboard and the computer screen went sideways...lol....I was like seriously?.....What are the chances he presses some random keys and it happens to be the ones that rotate the screen.
Actually, I've read more than one account of this happening! Those CRTs were nice and warm, and keyboards just beg to be tested out.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat loved to lay on top of my computer monitor when I had one of the old crt type ones. He likes walking across the keyboard too. Once he stuck his paw on the keyboard and the computer screen went sideways...lol....I was like seriously?.....What are the chances he presses some random keys and it happens to be the ones that rotate the screen.
Shades done lots of stuff to my computer. He has butt pressed a key combo that opened chromes inspection panel, he has headbutted a windows command combo that caused 4 (not 1 or 2 but 4) programs to start up. He has even been able to make my computer reboot with a simple stretch across the keyboard.

The worst one was when I typing up a draft on some material I was working on and just got done saving it (thankfully) when he reached up and tapped the power button on my tower. I guess he decided I was done working on stuff and should pay attention to him more.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I know is that in our house, it's all about "getting mommies' attention". She will jump up and sit right on my keyboard if I am sitting at the computer and just sit there and look around, paying no attention to me, mind you, just looking around, full knowing that "she has my complete attention"!! Score one for Katy, she wins, (of course):dizzy::think:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shades done lots of stuff to my computer. He has butt pressed a key combo that opened chromes inspection panel, he has headbutted a windows command combo that caused 4 (not 1 or 2 but 4) programs to start up. He has even been able to make my computer reboot with a simple stretch across the keyboard.

The worst one was when I typing up a draft on some material I was working on and just got done saving it (thankfully) when he reached up and tapped the power button on my tower. I guess he decided I was done working on stuff and should pay attention to him more.
Wow. My CPU's on button is on the UR corner and the CPU is on my computer desk, so there's no way anyone could get over there to press it, plus, it takes quite a bit more pressure than most cats probably would apply, to turn it on. The keyboard is on a dropdown and again, no room to get on it. Tarifa's tried a few times, but she has not succeeded.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow. My CPU's on button is on the UR corner and the CPU is on my computer desk, so there's no way anyone could get over there to press it, plus, it takes quite a bit more pressure than most cats probably would apply, to turn it on. The keyboard is on a dropdown and again, no room to get on it. Tarifa's tried a few times, but she has not succeeded.

Top right corner on my tower that sits on the floor. It is an old tower that I had for almost 10yrs but it still serves it's purpose. I've since changed my windows setting to go to sleep if the button is pushed instead of off.

He still presses that button but I do not lose any info now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Top right corner on my tower that sits on the floor. It is an old tower that I had for almost 10yrs but it still serves it's purpose. I've since changed my windows setting to go to sleep if the button is pushed instead of off.

He still presses that button but I do not lose any info now.
My CPU doesn't really have a button, it has a bar and the very right of the bar is what you press to turn it on. I think it's a good design because it DOES take pressure to turn it on. I had one on the floor that has a button, too but I took it out of the lineup and boxed it, for emergency use. *It runs XP*:shocked:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm.
Tonight computer cat got in my face as always then took after computer dog and turned around, lifted their tail and shoved their rear in my face.
I love my cats but sometimes I'd prefer to cuddle with the end that doesn't resemble an asterisk. :climbcat: (TURN AROUND so I can snuggle your face!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm.
Tonight computer cat got in my face as always then took after computer dog and turned around, lifted their tail and shoved their rear in my face.
I love my cats but sometimes I'd prefer to cuddle with the end that doesn't resemble an asterisk. :climbcat: (TURN AROUND so I can snuggle your face!)
*...or as it's been lovingly referred to, "the chocolate starfish" :gaah:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, sweet angel Chessie! Watch over your beloveds until reunited in due time. <3
What you write of is so familiar, sadly. It is the price of loving unconditionally, for life, as all of us do who truly love, and as all cats certainly do if given the opportunity. View attachment 233972
:alright::grouphug::hearthrob::rbheart::angel3::redheartpump::grouphug2::hugs::redheartpump::hearthrob:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily, our friends and closest colleagues expect this and are pet lovers as well.
I got an email once that included some GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG982805555555555" type stuff and the person left it in with an explanation because their shih-tzu dog had landed in their lap and put their paws on the keyboard. They thought it was cute, and so did we!
Whenever I'm chatting with my sister and Swanie does one of those keyboard crazies, she will just say "hi Swanie" and we'll go on with our chat.