What Is It With Cats And Computers?

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats also like to help with my computer work. But t hey are not too proud to go low tech! All I have to do is sit down and start reading a newspaper, magazine, or book. And they ae right there to help the reading material stay warm!
Mine wish I did punch cards as they try to turn anything I'm reading paperwise into punchcards by biting holes in to the pages or paper.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack B -- That is quite a drape! Also with a twitch of the tail you get a screen dusting.

Father -- You are dating yourself! When I was at university, The last week of the semester would be marked by the students dumping the punched cards from their semester projects when they were returned. But I can even remember punched paper tape & teletype machines for I/O devices. Not high speed.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was during my junior and senior year of highschool and I was taking a vocational course that had the punchcards but we were the last class to use them also.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Here is Chessie many years ago flaked out on my old iMac. I don't think Chessie rated computers by Gigs, just BTU output.:lol: I think sometimes she thought she was my screensaver. She was a real peach.
JackView attachment 233671
I think Chessie may have been a fan of CTUs (Cat Thermal Units). :geekcat: Wow, that's one for the museum! I still have my dad's ancient Apple rig, even older than yours. And my own CRT monitor that I used until it died. No cats ever graced these, though -- they are strictly laptops here. :winkcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Here is Chessie many years ago flaked out on my old iMac. I don't think Chessie rated computers by Gigs, just BTU output.:lol: I think sometimes she thought she was my screensaver. She was a real peach.
JackView attachment 233671
OMG! You have a cat on your screen! Too funny!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Rusty when I still had him at work. God bless the dudes I work for, I actually created a safe room in an empty office that I do not own. I have read and interacted with people on this site have problems rescuing kitties at work and I can only wish they had the support I had.

Rusty on my desk. He wants the "attention" I was giving to the "PC" but I was at work. I frequently visit TCS at work and that is because TCS saved me big time with the information and support to help Rusty and his little sister Kitty!

Kitty:)

Now Rusty has couches at home he could care less about what I do at work;)

I owe having those cats at home in large part to tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and @ondine as they had no problem convincing this crazy cat dude that 2 cats is not too many (I had two at home the entire time). Now I got 4 kitties and I learned very well from this site that 2 cats is never too many if you can afford it. My wife and I don't have kids, we got kitties and I can totally afford them they cost less that kiddies.
Oh, gosh, Shane Kent Shane Kent that's the nicest thing for you to say -- and do! The affording part, and the loving part, are the important parts.

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
I may be a lunatic but I just loved it when Chessie would drape herself over the computer. I didn't mind her tail flipping back and forth, just as long as she was near. I really miss her. The other day I was going through photos of her. And the contrast between her younger days when she was plump and healthy and toward the end when she was just skin and bones was heartbreaking. She was sick with renal failure for two years and the change was very slow. I really didn't notice what bad shape she was in. Looking at the photos of her made me both happy and sad.
Your Friend
Jack

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
I may be a lunatic but I just loved it when Chessie would drape herself over the computer. I didn't mind her tail flipping back and forth, just as long as she was near. I really miss her. The other day I was going through photos of her. And the contrast between her younger days when she was plump and healthy and toward the end when she was just skin and bones was heartbreaking. She was sick with renal failure for two years and the change was very slow. I really didn't notice what bad shape she was in. Looking at the photos of her made me both happy and sad.
Your Friend
Jack
I am so very sorry for your loss. <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, sweet angel Chessie! Watch over your beloveds until reunited in due time. <3
What you write of is so familiar, sadly. It is the price of loving unconditionally, for life, as all of us do who truly love, and as all cats certainly do if given the opportunity.
10325_1225350800374_1427132454_30681171_1792713_s.jpg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Helpful. Oliver is HELPFUL.*
Looks to me like he takes his comp time very seriously, very s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y! Maybe to him you are the distraction when he is trying to work on his zzzzzz's!!
Yes, yes, of course you're both correct. How could I ever have doubted his good intentions. Silly me. Sorry Oliver.