What Cat Food Has Your Cat Done Best On?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats love a varied diet. I buy a wide variety of Blue Buffalo, Soulistic, Natural Balance, Nutro, and Drs. Foster & Smith wet foods, and Drs. Foster & Smith dry to augment 3 daily meals of wet. I used to buy Wellness until the massive recall a few years back, after which they jacked the price up too high. And I've bought Solid Gold, Royal Canin and other brands of dry in the past, but we like Drs. Foster & Smith and it is more reasonable.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats have done exceptionally well on Merrick. Now I feed them a mixture of merrick,natures variety, nutro,natural balance all wet so I’m not much help in the dry food department. Oh they do love the natures variety raw boosters ( dehydrated raw toppers). I give them as treat or sprinkled over their food.
They did not do well no wellness. It gave them gas and stinky loose poops . I’m fine with not feeding it as I think it’s overpriced.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats went on a food strike. They used to like Friskies but won't touch it now . They also lost interest in Dr. Elseys kibble.
Right now they are eating Tiki Cat Born Carnivore kibble. It's pretty good , 47% protein 11% carbs. So far they like it a lot. Currently not eating wet but thinking of trying Tiki Cat.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be fortunate. All of my current cats (4) are strays rescued as adults. I have never had a picky eater. I have fed them Meow Mix kibble, Science Diet kibble and tined, Purina kibble, and various inexpensive tinned varieties. They have eaten all varieties without complaint.

I think that they are so grateful for a regular food supply that they are not very choosey.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be fortunate. All of my current cats (4) are strays rescued as adults. I have never had a picky eater. I have fed them Meow Mix kibble, Science Diet kibble and tined, Purina kibble, and various inexpensive tinned varieties. They have eaten all varieties without complaint.

I think that they are so grateful for a regular food supply that they are not very choosey.
If they are non-picky eaters why not try feeding them heathier foods? :catman:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a really good suggestion, A Azazel because just like with us, "you are what you eat" and eating quality foods maintains better health, so fewer vet bills! That's one way of reasoning it, anyway.
Yes, my cat's nutrition is just as important as my own. :)

I wouldn't want to live a life entirely on processed foods so I also don't raise my cats entirely on processed foods.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my cat's nutrition is just as important as my own. :)

I wouldn't want to live a life entirely on processed foods so I also don't raise my cats entirely on processed foods.
Some people are surprised when I tell them my cats' monthly food bill is a lot higher than mine. I tell them there are three of them and one of me, and I am pretty much vegan while they are obligate carnivores. ;):winkcat::winkcat::winkcat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people are surprised when I tell them my cats' monthly food bill is a lot higher than mine. I tell them there are three of them and one of me, and I am pretty much vegan while they are obligate carnivores. ;):winkcat::winkcat::winkcat:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Yep. If I spent fifteen to twenty grand a year feeding myself, I'd be the size of a Norwegian Forest Cat Woolly Mammoth.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are non-picky eaters why not try feeding them heathier foods? :catman:
Very good point, but sometimes other factors come into play like availability, budget, etc.
I'm sure A ArchyCat does all they can.
I'm not "in" the cat food loop due to raw feeding but maybe someone could suggest a good food for a budget that other posters might find helpful..?

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty likes Purina veterinarian diet Essential care for kittens dry food, (I get it from her vet's office) and Weruva cat in the kitchen wet food (she loves it) she eats twice a day wet food and free feed dry food.
:tabbycat:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty likes Purina veterinarian diet Essential care for kittens dry food, (I get it from her vet's office) and Weruva cat in the kitchen wet food (she loves it) she eats twice a day wet food and free feed dry food.
:tabbycat:
I've heard really good stuff about Weruva canned food!!!
Glad your purr kid enjoys it =)

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She really does, specially the pouches. I'm glad too because I tried many many brands and flavors and that's the only one she likes.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really does, specially the pouches. I'm glad too because I tried many many brands and flavors and that's the only one she likes.
Weruva looks like a great brand!!! I'm happy your kit girl enjoys!

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do a lot of rescuing so i get what i can. Ive noticed they do best on Purina Proplan. I did have my first two of blue buffalo and their coats looked the same after the switch. Purina also gives me coupons for their products for the rescuing so I might be a touch bias. We also give canned food every day. Whatever I can get coupons for. So a lot of friskies and fancyfeast. we also do the store brand from petsmart when that's on sale. It also does wonders for my chihuahua he enjoys the puppy chow in that brand :3

No matter what we get we try to get grain free. Always supplement with lots of water and wet food. and Once in a while we get chicken or fish as a snack ;)

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG