What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By default I would say "domestic longhair", because we don't really know her ancestry, but there's a chance she does have Persian somewhere back there. She doesn't have the round eyes, but she does have the round body and head and the sort of short nose, so.. you know, it's possible.

She's gorgeous. Her coloring is dilute tortoiseshell-and-white, just like my Christy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
CourtneysWorld.  Turkish Van - look alike is a better bet, I think.

Beatiful cat you have.

Good luck!

plykins56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Neko was found found wondering a field when see was only a few months old. We've had her a little over 2 years now. Just wanted to know what breed she might be?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Plykins. Domestic, like about 98% of cats.  Pattern is Black and white, called often for bi-color (two colored).  Thus, B-W bicolor.

Pretty and handsome cat!

Good luck!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catlover1990, She looks Persian or Persian mix. Color : Blue Tortie and White. Her coat doesn't look as long as some Persians , but maybe it's the season. Or maybe living somewhere hot it is just hard to keep them in full coat. There is no way to know for sure if she may be mixed with something else. But (even if her coat does not look extremely long in these photos) she IS a longhair , which means she had to inherit a longhair gene from both parents. And you live in UAE , and I think there are not as many (or any) local longhair cats as we would find in Northern countries. so that there is maybe less of a chance of her being a mix with some random - bred "domestic longhair" cats like we have a lot of here.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A black domestic shorthair!  It's very hard to get photos of black cats which are anything more than a black cat-shaped blob which doesn't help, but he doesn't look like anything in particular to me.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he might actually be a bicolor! Look real close at that second photo. I think that's a tiny locket of white on his chest. Which means that he is black and white bicolor--he's got that white spotting gene too. Sometimes you can actually have an all-black cat with that gene, with maybe a couple of white hairs or none at all, and you can only tell if the cat has kittens that it's got the white-spotting gene.

Seems like he's just barely putting up with the kissing there! Silly cat. Probably wants to be let down to bunny-kick a catnip mouse! Or possibly sleep on top of it, if the other pics are any indication.

Last edited:

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any idea of her bread, possibly?  I'm curious about the red/brown splotches on her back and sides. 

Thankyee

~Kloure Dezi Kre
Red/brown splotches on her back are telling you her colour is (brown) classic tortie tabby. Domestic Shorthair (unless she's registered pedigree cat, in which case you probably wouldn't be asking).

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told by a Korat breeder that sometimes cats from long lines of self cats (Korat for example!) can have tiny lockets or patches of white along the midline without having the white spotting gene - it's simply a tiny developmental fault.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I didn't know that! That's cool.

Kloure--I love your cat's coloring! Classic tabby tortie isn't something you see every day. Absolutely gorgeous. If this kitty were outgoing and good with handling, she might do well in a household pet category in a cat show.

kloure

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HA.  I just realized I spelled "breed" as "bread"... Well that was a nice introduction for myself.

Anywho... Thanks, NorthernGlow for the info.  And I'm sure my li'l lap hugger would feel very complimented (if she could read), Callista. :)

~Kloure Dezi Kre

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see any tortie in that DSH classic brown tabby cat? What are you others seeing that I'm not?

She's a beautiful girl but looks a bit thin, perhaps you could increase her daily food intake? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.