What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthair, colour is black tortie.  Most cats are of no particular breed (over 90%) and cats of a particular breed - pedigrees - have registration documents with their breed on.

socksy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She also appears to be Buddhist.  

We should start a What Religion Is My Cat thread.

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Autotheism?  
Mine reckon they're non-dualists. 

They certainly lie around a lot looking like they're 'at one with the universe'...

Shopi.. you have a gorgeous torti!

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow I missed the discussion where Lynneanne was saying no breed is rare in the US.
I'm in the US too and I don't agree. It's hard to imagine how someone could even think that no breed is rare!

Maybe from a narrow perspective within the cat fancy, seeing a lot of breeds and hearing about breeders, it might FEEL like nothing is rare.
Maybe we just have very different ideas of what "rare" means. I've seen breeds like Sokokes, Kurilian Bobtails, Chartreux, Serengetis, Korats, Khaomanees, at shows, but that doesn't make me think they are not rare.
Just because there ARE breeders of some breeds does not mean they're not rare compared to the millions and millions of the Great Moggy Majority. (or for that matter, compared to the most popular breeds).
Rare does not mean nonexistent! and to me it doesn't just mean a breed with only 1 or 2 breeders in the country. ( and there ARE breeds with only a handful of breeders in the U.S. )

Persians and Zots are of course not rare like a Kurilian Bobtail, I wouldn't call them rare at all, but they're still far less numerous than a popular dog breed.
And all the pedigree cats put together are still just about 3% of owned cats in the US, at least according to some study done several years ago. Probably the top 10 or 15 breeds account for >90% of pedigree cats , leaving all the other breeds combined to make up

catlover101707

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My Cat is Black and White, White all on tummy and short/medium hair length

She is 1 year and almost 4 months old (15 of March she turns 1 year and 4 months old)

I adopted her from the RSPCA and I lost her Information papers and now I don't know her breed please help

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
My Cat is Black and White, White all on tummy and short/medium hair length

She is 1 year and almost 4 months old (15 of March she turns 1 year and 4 months old)

I adopted her from the RSPCA and I lost her Information papers and now I don't know her breed please help
She's a very pretty black and white domestic short hair. 

Welcome to TCS 

You might like to introduce yourself and your new kitty in the New Cats on the Block thread.

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She IS a lovely cat, Catlover101707! She looks very dainty and graceful with a pretty head She's a domestic shorthair which is what most cats are. they don't usually have breeds like dogs. She is probably descended from many generaions of random-bred cats from the same part of the world. If she's like basically half black and half white she'd be called Black and White Bicolor.

marye smirnoff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone help me please my sister gave me a cat for chrismas and i don't know what breed is my cat... Thanks 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What we see in your post is five links to open up the picture, but they are not clickable and are not working.

sugar sukar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You have a lovely White & Black Domestic short hair . Over 90% of cats on earth are either DSH or DLH . Cats of a certain breed 'pidegrees' have registered documents of their breed.

taytay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is my cat, Oreo, and he's only few months old. My best friend found him at her house when he was a very tiny. I just want to know what breed he is because I'm curious what he'll look like during adult years.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
This is my cat, Oreo, and he's only few months old. My best friend found him at her house when he was a very tiny. I just want to know what breed he is because I'm curious what he'll look like during adult years.
Hi TayTay.. welcome to the site

Oreo is a stunning black and white domestic short hair.  He'll look much the same as an adult, just bigger

courtneysworld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been pretty desperate trying to figure out the breed of my cat. I got her through a friend who first received her from CraigsList. Her overall appearance leads me to believe she's somewhat related to turkish angora, but her markings on her head make me think otherwise. Obviously shes a DSH/DMH but curious to see if anyone can figure out what she may be mixed with

as you can see, that's the only gray spot on her.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

this is my cat... can someone see it now?
We sure can! Gorgeous little guy! (I think a boy? About 3/4ths of orange kitties are male...) He's a red classic tabby domestic shorthair, and he looks like a lovebug! Check out that "bullseye" swirl on his side--that's a sure sign of the classic tabby pattern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.