What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

yekrats

What a Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful World
Adult Cat
Purraise
Patches is sharpening her claws on the hamper. She doesn't actually have any claws ( Declawed as a kitten by previous owners, NOT by us. We would NEVER do that to a cat.) but she doesn't know she has no claws and has a great time tearing it up!

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just added to her faux wicker chest art sculpture 🙃

She has scratching posts & uses them & for the most part doesnt touch the furniture but scrstching that chest must be super satisfying bc i told her no & removed her so many times & she'd still sneak & scratch it... so i gave in 🤷‍♀️
20230807_224931.jpg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just added to her faux wicker chest art sculpture 🙃

She has scratching posts & uses them & for the most part doesnt touch the furniture but scrstching that chest must be super satisfying bc i told her no & removed her so many times & she'd still sneak & scratch it... so i gave in 🤷‍♀️
View attachment 456519
It's a little late now lol but have you ever tried putting a scratching post right next to it and double sided sticky tape on the chest?
If not this is something you can do in the future if she starts scratching something she isn't supposed to be.

That is some serious scratching. How long did it take her to make her masterpiece lol

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's a little late now lol but have you ever tried putting a scratching post right next to it and double sided sticky tape on the chest?
If not this is something you can do in the future if she starts scratching something she isn't supposed to be.

That is some serious scratching. How long did it take her to make her masterpiece lol
Theres not really room to put a scratching post next to it, its in my bedroom at the foot of my bed, but i like the stickytape idea, ill try that nexf time.

This masterpiece took about 3 months 😼

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theres not really room to put a scratching post next to it, its in my bedroom at the foot of my bed, but i like the stickytape idea, ill try that nexf time.

This masterpiece took about 3 months 😼
That is quick lol
Yea usually cats scratch areas that are high value so putting something next to it would give them a yes following a no..
Maybe even one of the corrugated card board scratchers like this might help for next time you can put it right up next to it and it is small enough (doesn't take up much room at all) but would protect your stuff lol

That is a beautiful masterpiece though I still can't get over the fact it only took 3 months.. haha

Attachments

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Willow's doing a wee in the litter tray

Tigger's finding somewhere to hide, she's going back to the vet tomorrow as her eye is getting red and painful

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s 0612 hrs and Belle jumps up on the bed to knead the blanket covering her Dad’s chest. She purrs to soothe her anxiety. Something isn’t right. Every day of the week, the alarm begins its annoying chiming at 0600. This morning, it did not.

Dad, wake up. Something is different.

Belle purrs louder, her kneading grows insistent.

Wake up wake up wake up!

A groggy hands finds that special place between her cheek and ear and gently scritches it with a knuckle. The touch is familiar and soothing. Belle closes her eyes and lays down. The ripples of disturbance are dissipating and soon, all will be right in the world.

Dad forgot it’s Thursday. He thinks it’s Weekend and is sleeping in. Breakfast will be late, but it’s coming.

Little does Belle realize, the reason for Dad sleeping in has nothing to do with forgetting it’s Thursday, or thinking it’s Weekend.

This morning will be like so many mornings albeit a little late. She will be brushed. To her delight, her favorite toy will be brought out to be chased, pounced upon and thoroughly chewed during her morning hunt. Afterward, breakfast will be served in her favorite carrier.

What she doesn’t know, it’s all part of s nefarious plot to lie her into a trap. As soon as the unsuspecting Belle enters to enjoy her morning repast, she will be betrayed and the barred door will clang shut behind her. At 0900, Belle is to be carried off to meet face to face with the evil Dr. Vet and his Mindless Minions in their secret lair, victim of their sinister ministrations.

Will Belle survive the proddings and needles of the evil Dr. Vet? Will her Dad come to his senses and rescue our Hapless Heroine before the Mindless Minions change her into an angry, snarling buzzsaw of tooth and claw?

Tune in next time to find out!

Same Cat Time. Same Cat Channel!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
At this moment Timmy's wiggling his butt in the air as Max keeps doing ride by jump on Timmy's head. OH WAIT-Timmy just grabbed a TOY and he's shaking it-Im thrilled,his first time actually playing with a toy!
Last week he started slapping a little jingle ball around and now he's killing this stuffed bird..... "Sorry Max,this bird needs killing-this indoor lifestyle is pretty cool"

( For those who don't know Timmy he WAS feral-a 7yr old rogue who was trapped & brought inside 75 days ago)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy zzzzz, Phoebe watching a bird. (Or was - in the time it took to load the photo, the bird took off and Phoebe bounced up and landed on my lap. It's all go around here.)

View attachment 456141

View attachment 456142
Oh my goodness,I was wondering about the strange looking cat that seemed to have his head stuck in a hole in the door-ROFL!!!!!!!

Had to get my glasses & zoom in- sooo funny