What are you reading? The Sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just started rereading The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. It's the first book in his excellent The First Law series. I'm going on a cruise in a couple of weeks and plan to download some mindless drivel to my Kindle. I don't want to have to think while on vacation.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently read Best Served Cold and it was one of the best fantasy novels I've ever read. Way too heavy to read more than one at a time though, imo. A couple of scenes had me squirming and I'm not squemish, at least not while reading.

I'm still waiting for Barnes and Noble to release ebook editions of The First Law, alas.

kylew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm reading 2 ( I love my Kindle!) John Adams by David McCullough and when that starts to get a little dry I switch over to Mortal Stakes by Robert B. Parker. It's a Spenser book.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DragonHeart

I recently read Best Served Cold and it was one of the best fantasy novels I've ever read. Way too heavy to read more than one at a time though, imo.
Best Served Cold is on my "to read" list. The First Law is pretty bloody but I hear that Best Served Cold is worse.

Have you read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss? That is the best fantasy novel I have read in years, probably since the first three Fire and Ice novels by George RR Martin.

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am re-reading New Moon from the Twilight Saga. I would also like to re-read The Hobbit in the near future.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading an Ian Rankin book, Naming of the Dead - it is the first Rebus book I have read, and quite enjoying it, more than watching the programme.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading "The Oxford History of the Classical World", specifically the section on Rome as part of my research for my paper.

The newest book in my collection that arrived today is one about Marcus Aurelius.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@jenwales - I have a copy of The Name of the Wind, just haven't read it yet. My TBR pile is insane. XD And I keep adding to it...

@kluchetta - By Dave Cullen? I read it about a month ago. I can't say I enjoyed the book given the subject matter, but it was a fascinating look at how badly the media can distort reality.

I'm between books right now, having a hard time picking what to read next. It's not so much that I don't have any choices, it's that I have too many. XD And I don't really feel like anything in particular. I just finished Clockwork Heart, fantastic steampunk romance fantasy.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it was by Jeff Kass, who was a reporter for the Rocky Mountain News so based right here in Metro Denver. I like the way he has captured what it was like to live through that time living right here.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about too many choices, it is an issue I have a lot, I put them in alphabetical order in the end cos I couldnt think of any other way. I am reading a Robin Cook book called Marker, which is quite good (I like him anyway)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I know what you mean about too many choices, it is an issue I have a lot, I put them in alphabetical order in the end cos I couldnt think of any other way.
Ha, that is a great idea! I may just try that myself...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently reading The Stand by Stephen King. It's taking longer than it normally would, but between work and school I haven't read half as much as I did when life was a little slower!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I know it's for young adults, but I started reading The Vampire Diaries. One of my GFs has been reading it and she enjoys it. Another GF said she was going to start reading it, too. So I thought....what the heck.

Anyway, I've read the first four books and I do enjoy the series.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Finished the new Stephanie Plum - Sizzling Sixteen - last night. A good read. I'm a big Plum fan and anxiously the new books in June. I collect several authors; Janet Evanovich's Plum series is one of them.

Am starting on Death Watch by Lincoln Child today.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished Blessings by Anna Quindlen yesterday and really enjoyed it. I've read a few of her other books as well, great author.

I just started The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and although I didn't think it would be a book that would interest me, a girl here at work who has similar taste in books to me said I HAVE to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.