What are you reading? The Sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I couldn't get into American Psycho, so just read a book called Cry Vengeance by Ron Handberg - makes you think quite a bit. Just about to start a book by Peter James.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody like Joanne Fluke? I hit the library today over lunch and picked up her Plum Pudding Murder.

What about the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris? I've read all of them and picked up A Touch of Dead. (This is where TruBlood came from; I like the show more so than the books)

I also got the new book in the Joel Grey series by Shirley Rousseau Murphy, Cat Striking Back.

Some others:

Blackwork - Monica Ferris
Holiday Grind - Cleo Coyle
The Atlantis Code - Charles Brokaw (this one seems intriging)
The Tale of Applebeck Orchard - Susan Wittig Albert

And a couple cookbooks, too.

I have some major reading to do.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

What about the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris? I've read all of them and picked up A Touch of Dead. (This is where TruBlood came from; I like the show more so than the books)
I love the Sookie Stackhouse series!! I've read all of them too and there is another one coming out in May, I can't wait!!
Charlaine Harris is amazing, her writing just clicks with me and I can read it all day long and not get bored..

Right now I am re reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon..It's crazy how quickly I forget books. Besides it's a good bedtime reading since I don't have time to get into anything new.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. I found it REALLY hard to get into at first but it is slowly getting better.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am currently reading a Jodi Picoult Book - can't think of the name offhand though, something like Perfect Match.

One of my friends is moving, and didn't think she was going to take all her books with her, so said I could take what I wanted - think I went a bit OTT, as I came home with 40 books!! So I now have 66 to get through!!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I am currently reading a Jodi Picoult Book - can't think of the name offhand though, something like Perfect Match.

One of my friends is moving, and didn't think she was going to take all her books with her, so said I could take what I wanted - think I went a bit OTT, as I came home with 40 books!! So I now have 66 to get through!!
Love, love, LOVE Jodi Picoult! I've read everything of her's except the brand new one which my Mom is currently reading and then I'll steal it from her.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

I am currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. I found it REALLY hard to get into at first but it is slowly getting better.
Finished this, and although it wasn't a bad book by any means, it did really drag in some parts and I did NOT like the ending at all.

Now reading The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Love, love, LOVE Jodi Picoult! I've read everything of her's except the brand new one which my Mom is currently reading and then I'll steal it from her.
The book is called Perfect Match. I have to say, her books had never drawn me to them when I was looking at books in the library etc, but these were donated to the rescue from a friend (and I sort through and read some first - most end up at the rescue, but I do sometimes swap them for something else!!), and thought I would give these two a go, the first one I read was The TEnth Circle (although the film made about it was nowhere near as good) and I would happily get more of hers.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm resurrecting this thread hoping others join in.
I am reading Kathleen Woodiwiss' The Flame and the Flower and I can't be more disappointed.
I am not going to finish it, because I am halfway through the book and nothing has happened besides two people who were forced to get married, end up liking each other but misunderstanding each other so they stay very very frustrated. This has gone on for 9 months according to the book and very detailed, I can't tell how many pages because on my ipod it's different.
Maybe for someone who likes romance it's good but it just made me upset to go through reading it. This is the first "romance" novel I've ever read so I think I may just not like the genre. I was up all night reading and nothing happened. I hate this book...
Moving on to something else ...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
ut0pia, I had read some of Kathleen Woodiwiss' books, too, and they're all the same thing. The exact same thing. It got boring, but I'm not really into a lot of the romance novels either.

I've been reading some of Kay Hooper's books about the FBI's Special Crime Unit headed by Noah Bishop. I'm not really big on crime and murder, but this Unit is about psychics and other people who have special abilities. They use their abilities to get the killer. Those books aren't too bad.

Just finished Clive Cussler's The Wrecker, an excellent read. I'm a big Cussler fan and have read all of his books. The Wrecker is set back during the early railroad-building days and has a person who's trying to destroy a railroad tycoon. (It's more involved than that, but that's the gist of it.) It was really quite good.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just started JD Robb's In Death series...
It's really Nora Roberts' pen name, but it's not a romance it's a mystery series.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just read a really harrowing book called The Innocent Man by John Grisham - parts of it had me shouting at the book, parts of it had me in tears. I wont read it again though, it was really tough going as it is a true story of a miscarriage of justice.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the first few In Death books but I was ready to quit at the first one- wayyyyy too predictable for a mystery/detective story...it just seemed really simple and didn't have any major twists in the plot.
I'm starting Nalini Singh's Angel's blood now...

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read a book called Like a Charm by Karin Slaughter, various short stories from authors, all with a common theme, but really didn't like it. I am funny with short stories though, I dont always like them. Just started a book called Broken Hearts by Grace Munroe, it seems OK so far.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I started reading Changes, the new novel from Jim Butcher....The Dresden Files. I really like that series.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just started The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan. I may end up reading it between other books though; I can already tell it'll mostly put me to sleep since I tend to do most of my reading in bed at the end of the night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Am reading Bullet, the new book in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

I also have Murder on Lexington Avenue, the new novel in Victoria Thompson's Gaslight Mystery series.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm reading Dru Pagliassotti's Clockwork Heart, a steampunkish romantic fantasy. I tried starting it a couple of times before but never made it past the first page. Now that I have, I'm hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.