Vomiting And Diarrhea- No Other Symptoms

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Those are good news! Let me kmow if you finally give him some of that boiled chicken and how it works for him ;)
I might have to wait on that- I’m vegetarian so I don’t have chicken in the house (other than in Charlie’s cat food of course :)). I would be willing to buy some for Charlie but the stores are all closed today because of New Years.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I might have to wait on that- I’m vegetarian so I don’t have chicken in the house (other than in Charlie’s cat food of course :)). I would be willing to buy some for Charlie but the stores are all closed today because of New Years.
Silly me, didn't realize that, I am sure that you have mentioned that in somebother thread. Well, there is no rush, as vet told you that his own food is ok ;)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Just another quick update:
Charlie hasn’t vomited today! He did just have quite a bit of diarrhea just now. :(

He seems to be acting more normally, he enjoyed watching a squirrel searching for nuts and climbing trees in the backyard. Right now, he’s curled up in his box, snuggling with his blanket and purring. :loveeyes:

810430CF-6D5B-49FC-A827-654CDBE60864.jpeg

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just another quick update:
Charlie hasn’t vomited today! He did just have quite a bit of diarrhea just now. :(

He seems to be acting more normally, he enjoyed watching a squirrel searching for nuts and climbing trees in the backyard. Right now, he’s curled up in his box, snuggling with his blanket and purring. :loveeyes:

View attachment 212341
He is sooo cute :)

Good neews that vomiting is over. Diarrhea is terrible, but is he is still well hydrated and is asimilating most of the nutrients, he will be just fine soon :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Charlie was feeling in a good enough mood to play a little! For the first time since Saturday morning! I didn’t play with him for too long; I didn’t want to tire him out while he is still recovering.
:dancingblackcat:

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how Charlie is doing, please. How was the vet visit?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Let us know how Charlie is doing, please. How was the vet visit?
Charlie was diagnosed with gastroenteritis. I went over the details more earlier in the thread. He has been improving, and even played a little this evening! He’s walking around, exploring his favorite perches as I type. :)

He did have more diarrhea this evening. I’ve been monitoring his hydration carefully, though. Still no more vomiting, though.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Charlie... he had diarrhea overnight. No solid poop. :(

I refilled his water, and he’s doing a good job keeping hydrated. At least the vomiting seems to have stopped.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Charlie... he had diarrhea overnight. No solid poop. :(

I refilled his water, and he’s doing a good job keeping hydrated. At least the vomiting seems to have stopped.
abyeb, are you seeing any signs of blood in the diarrhea?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
No vomiting or diarrhea for Charlie today! :jive:
He hasn’t had a solid poop either, though. I’m still providing him with plenty of fresh water. He especially likes it when I put ice cubes in.

Energy level is good. He played with me today, and once even jumped into his high window perch to watch a squirrel!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He hasn’t had a solid poop either, though. I’m still providing him with plenty of fresh water. He especially likes it when I put ice cubes in.

Energy level is good. He played with me today, and once even jumped into his high window perch to watch a squirrel!
Great!!!!! I was afraid of asking, I am so glad of hearing these great news abyeb abyeb :)

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Great to hear! He probably hasn't had any poops because he's all "pooped out." I think it's a good sign that he is not pooping anymore today. Hopefully he has a normal bowel movement tomorrow.