Very first high cat tower

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I was some evil imposter in human mom's bed and had to be killed and then left in the hope I would vanish.  Couldn't sleep more than 2 hours and ended up getting up and going to sit with him, and back on TCS for a little sneaky 3 am session. 
  Thoroughly washed hands needless to say.

Not going anywhere near bleach tonight. 

LOL....I am dying over here....it all sounds like he thought the bleach attacked you, and did not like it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

yes...good dreams only...LOL
Well if I can't sleep I might dig those ITune vouchers out that I got for Christmas and do a little midnight music listening.  Maybe wait until morning if I want to download stuff though so I don't mess it up.  An Adele album perhaps, the last token I got I spent ages downloading piles of weird and wonderful 60's, 70's and 80's stuff I never thought I'd be able to replace so now I can go back to current things I like.  In need to suggestions for stuff to listen to that maybe I haven't heard before.  Maybe go visit that recent music thread as well, what was that called again?  There were some interesting sounding things on there I could check out. 

OK, I hear you.  Bed.  Work tomorrow.  Decent sleep, no falling asleep in the shower tricks, just a decent night of Zz.  Good night Tower thread reader/s. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Thanks cat nap!   I can feel a music hunting 'weekend' coming on, well Monday Tuesday once I'm off work anyway. 

Pleased to report no further biting behaviour last night.  Mouse back to his trampling all over me then going off to his mouse lookout post for a while before coming back for a little sleep.

Been having a good Tower day here today.  Laughed my little socks off today, much to Mouse's annoyance though strangely he didn't bolt off to the bedroom to try and hide and pretend nothing happened.  Not only did he get attacked by one of his boxes last night just before bed time (lept into a neat Mouse sized box that was resting on top of some other toys and the box fell off on to the foor - open side down and Mouse somehow stuck underneath it), 

but thismorning he was having a great time supervising a load of workmen just outside the apartment and started running about going from room to room and watching them at work.  He came running back into the sitting room, climbed on to the chair nearest the window and decided to get a better view from the top Tower base.....  about 1 meter apart, no more, and only about 30 mm higher.  He got about half way across and dropped like a stone all four paws down. 
  He was in that position like a cat doing a vertical 4 paw jump up except he was going in the wrong direction. 
   I was in hysterics for about 5 minutes.  Couldn't help myself.  Poor boy was fine and didn't even try to hide what had happened. He went and played in a big box for a few minutes then carefully got back up to the window and pasted his nose to the glass to watch the builders again.   I wonder if Kimbo is better coordinated than Mouse?  I hope so!   

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

so you had to go and draw the poor guy's fail??  lol...

are these boxes usually falling on top of him?
Haa haa, no his boxes do not usually fall on top of him.  I was stupid and tried to tidy one away that he hadn't been playing in for weeks.  So what happens?  He sees it in its new home and HAS to go explore.....  It was balanced on top of a box of his toys with a bundled up Undercover Mouse on the top of the pile so it wasn't a flat surface....  Mouse not being mouse sized or mouse weight managed to dislodge his perfectly sized Mouse box and somehow it did a perfect 180 degree flip over with him in it.  He is either spectacularly unlucky and clumsy or spectacularly tallented but doesn't want to show off how spectacular he is to me yet in case I get worried he's taking over.  What with him having thumbs and all. 
  I may be on to something there....

As for that 'fall', I thought perhaps other cats might like to try and learn it.  It was a pretty amazing move! 

Does Spotty never have 'incidents' like these? Should I worry about Mouse and his (lack of) coordination do you think?   I could be a really neglectful cat parent and everyone on TCS will be reporting me for being ignorant now they've read this. Note to self, follow advice from cat nap:  Must stop posting silly Mouse stories and pictures....

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 As for that 'fall', I thought perhaps other cats might like to try and learn it.  It was a pretty amazing move! 

Does Spotty never have 'incidents' like these? Should I worry about Mouse and his (lack of) coordination do you think?   I could be a really neglectful cat parent and everyone on TCS will be reporting me for being ignorant now they've read this. Note to self, follow advice from cat nap:  Must stop posting silly Mouse stories and pictures....
lol....I never said that.
..LOL....I said stop stretching the real truth, and fess up to the fact that Mouse has talents that you and I as mere humans cannot understand....they are a from a far off galaxy...I think...Idk....

You better keep posting, or else I will be in way, way more trouble from cats everywhere..
..lol.

I am going to be having some of those nightmares tonight.
  Should I wear swimming goggles.?

Spotty did have major fail attempts while jumping, in his younger days...but never when we saw him..(he had a leg injury or puncture near hind leg, so vet thought he jumped over fence and landed on sharp object.

....Mouse is more of an acrobatic entertainer..

Spotty was more of ballet, like Baryshnokov.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to be having some of those nightmares tonight.
  Should I wear swimming goggles.?

Spotty did have major fail attempts while jumping, in his younger days...but never when we saw him..(he had a leg injury or puncture near hind leg, so vet thought he jumped over fence and landed on sharp object.

....Mouse is more of an acrobatic entertainer..

Spotty was more of ballet, like Baryshnokov.
I hope you avoided all nightmares @cat nap, not just ones about sleeping in.  No sleeping in for me today: noisy builders outside my home at about 8 am!  It was a Saturday, since when did builders start working on a Saturday?  Usually in the UK they finish up at Friday lunch time and don't reappear until the following Monday at the earliest.  This bunch must be very keen.  Maybe they like Mouse supervising them. 

So Spotty was a graceful athlete as a young kitty!  Barishnokov?  WOW!!!   I can't remember Mouse ever being graceful. 
    He's had nice lean muscles since he was a young cat though.  I can't say since he was a kitten as when he was a kitten he looked more like a tiny fur critter with rolls of tubbiness everywhere except his tail and ears. 
    Ouch to fences, that sounds like a bad one.  Just as well we don't have any fences in the apartment because it would doubtless have been landed on.  He's been good at the failed jump and verticle drop since he was very young, I first saw him do it at about 13 weeks when he jumpd up but forgot he was close to the edge of the bed - disppeared past the top of the bed like a stone and the only reason I knew he was OK was because he scarpered off to hide.  Maybe now he's so used to accidents he dosn't know they're not meant to happen?  

I'm enjoying a bit of laptop jealousy just now - a purring gray cat is doing a catloaf over my left arm, demanding his head be kissed repeatedly and swiffing his tail across the keyboard.  I wish he'd climb up and snugle when I'm not on TCS....   is Spotty up to any tricks?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
No tricks, just keeps moving from place to place.  Acting more younger than before.  and dividing time between sister and me.....so as to not cause jealousy...I guess...or is it he just wants to keep an eye on each of us at some point in the day?

Is it 2am there?....are questions allowed out here?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
My desktop computer just decided to turn off today, while on site.  I am now using small laptop.

have to check it tomorrow.   

has any of yours ever fritzed on the power supply?  not the hard-drive?  It is quite weird since it is not that old,, but have to check if still under warranty.

today, on question of the day in lounge, fhi09 posted about typing speed....mine is very low....but will practice.

have a go over there, and test your speed....it is fun....but took me long...so will try again tomorrow

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

today, on question of the day in lounge, fhi09 posted about typing speed....mine is very low....but will practice.

have a go over there, and test your speed....it is fun....but took me long...so will try again tomorrow.
Oooh, want to have a go but might need to do it after I've had some Zzz and done my Sunday volunteering stint.  I type fast but it comes out looking like it might be Martian  (sorry if that is an insult to any Martians reading this - or their friends and relatives),  so I spend a lot of time checking and deleting.  Fun to try it out - goody goody.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hee hee, I went off and took that typing test: Mouse was determined to help and I got 47 wpm and only 2 errors despite my usual nack for typing wrong letters and having to back track. 
  Fun.  At some point I'll have to have a go on my own and see how much of a difference Mouse made to my performance. It's not a good test really if they can't tell when you've had help like that though!  I wonder if I could use it on my CV and then if I got an interview I could take Mouse with me to make sure my on site typing was still the speed they expected?

Have you had another go yet? Did Spotty help or just supervise?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Hee hee, I went off and took that typing test: Mouse was determined to help and I got 47 wpm and only 2 errors despite my usual nack for typing wrong letters and having to back track. 
  Fun.  At some point I'll have to have a go on my own and see how much of a difference Mouse made to my performance. It's not a good test really if they can't tell when you've had help like that though!  I wonder if I could use it on my CV and then if I got an interview I could take Mouse with me to make sure my on site typing was still the speed they expected?

Have you had another go yet? Did Spotty help or just supervise?
no, had just one try...and really bad at 33wpm....how am I even here?   lol

but spotty did not help, and just now is sleeping beside me on bed.  earlier,when I read your posts, I burst out laughing and woke the poor guy up.

sure, take mouse in on an interview, only if you know the interviewer likes cats....lol....you would be a shoe in...no need to type....lol

dodonut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a cat tree. My cat's name is harvey. He is a maine coon.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
A Maine coon cat tree, awsome.  Is Harvey fully grown or still a kitten?  Is his cat tree a really big one for fully grown Maine coon with massive paws or a smaller one he can stretch all the way up without even jumping?  The Maine coons I've seen are huge!