Very first high cat tower

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Oops,  I got up nice n early.... and came on TCS. 
      Think I'd better go get ready to shop for mother and head up the road as was supposed to happen after I had my breakfast (an hour ago).

.LOL....I am glad that I AM NOT alone in partaking of this often times ritual, too.  LOL   (I thought I was losing it , for awhile....in escaping from house reality)

I just find it relaxing, and gives me the energy I need...
..when I'm drinking that cup of coffee or having breakfast.

But I'm thinking, maybe better to STAY away, if I have appointment or something scheduled

Its the "time warp" distortion again.  I think I have only been online for 20 minutes,(but like your counting days, mservant.)....it becomes 40  minutes then 60 minutes.
  LOL.

Must change gears now, I think. LOL.  Since I have to give 2 people a ride out to the airport.  (Forgetting that would be really BAD)  Have to go take shower, and wake up some more.

Later, I am thinking of asking a shadow, about how all this time warps, time vortex, or time scheduling should be done.  (either she will know, or blue shoes
should know....Idk...)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hey @cat nap, thanks for that link.  Amazing stuff on there.  I think it might have the answer to all these time warp experiences and days turning in to weeks type stuff! 
   It needs a bit more research, and that will involve observing cats while on TCS so I might have to spend more time on TCS the next 48 hours or so....  

Probably the more people who do this the better: seeing if there's any correlation between when your innocent looking kitty (resident alien with implant receiver thing) curls up in a nice circular position and dozes off and when you loose track of time and suddenly find you've been on TCS x times longer than you thought you had.  

Today's experience was the other way round, hours were on go slow, and shopping, doing bits of wall tiling, and de-cluttering attic space strangely took 4 hours but felt like 8.  It might have been because I was in a cat free home?  What do you think?  

About that staying away from TCS when you have important appointments scheduled:  a must in my experience.  There should be a warning about it on the home page. 
   Since joining I have almost been late for work on numerous occasions, late for GP appointment x 1, late for meeting mystery friends x ?,  and late leaving to visit mom x 2.  

I HOPE you managed to get your friends to the airport on time!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey @cat nap, thanks for that link.  Amazing stuff on there.  I think it might have the answer to all these time warp experiences and days turning in to weeks type stuff! 
   It needs a bit more research, and that will involve observing cats while on TCS so I might have to spend more time on TCS the next 48 hours or so....  

Probably the more people who do this the better: seeing if there's any correlation between when your innocent looking kitty (resident alien with implant receiver thing) curls up in a nice circular position and dozes off and when you loose track of time and suddenly find you've been on TCS x times longer than you thought you had.  

Today's experience was the other way round, hours were on go slow, and shopping, doing bits of wall tiling, and de-cluttering attic space strangely took 4 hours but felt like 8.  It might have been because I was in a cat free home?  What do you think?  

About that staying away from TCS when you have important appointments scheduled:  a must in my experience.  There should be a warning about it on the home page. 
   Since joining I have almost been late for work on numerous occasions, late for GP appointment x 1, late for meeting mystery friends x ?,  and late leaving to visit mom x 2.  

I HOPE you managed to get your friends to the airport on time!

LOL, I knew the shadow would answer that "time warp" question.   LOL  I just never imagined that my cat would somehow be involved.  Spotty looks so innocent and sweet.

I too, will keep an eye out for that "curl-up" position and clock time.

Time going Slow???  I guess I have to agree....lol.....there was no cats at that LOTTO pharmacy either.  lol.

I am going to have to bring an "imitation one" next time.  And try to do the "myth busters" science experiment.  Cat around.....time flies(too much fun).........cat absent.....slowly painful.(when can I get back to the cat)

Yes, a HUGE warning would be nice....on the home page.  lol.

Yes, they got to airport on time, no cats were driving.

4 hours.....that is IMPRESSIVE.   All that stuff, shopping , tiling, de-cluttering, would take me like 2 days.

Wow, when you have a deadline, you definitely meet it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, they got to airport on time, no cats were driving.

4 hours.....that is IMPRESSIVE.   All that stuff, shopping , tiling, de-cluttering, would take me like 2 days.

Wow, when you have a deadline, you definitely meet it.
Painfully the 4 hours did not include the shopping, I must have been in denial:  that happened on the way.....  count that bit as fun (sneaked in buying some ingredients for a seriously unhealthy ice cream, a cheep top and 2 food canisters that were reduced 80% all for meeeeee  LoL).    The de-cluttering had been started before I got there so all I had to do was get the de-clutterer to reveal where the clutter - to - go was hiding and then get it out of the house and in to my car.   A little bit of 
  and a little bit of   
 followed by 
   On that basis the 4 hours consisted of handing over the shopping, the relaxing lunch, followed by necessary tiling exercise and THEN getting various items out of the premises as efficiently as possible.  Yip, I can be quiet a force to be reckoned with. 
   Especially when I know I want to get home to my kitty and some TCS time..... 

What do you mean 'no cats were driving'!  Can Spotty not drive yet?  Or is it because Spotty only drives sticking to the speed limit?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Painfully the 4 hours did not include the shopping, I must have been in denial:  that happened on the way.....  count that bit as fun (sneaked in buying some ingredients for a seriously unhealthy ice cream, a cheep top and 2 food canisters that were reduced 80% all for meeeeee  LoL).    The de-cluttering had been started before I got there so all I had to do was get the de-clutterer to reveal where the clutter - to - go was hiding and then get it out of the house and in to my car.   A little bit of 
  and a little bit of   
 followed by 
   On that basis the 4 hours consisted of handing over the shopping, the relaxing lunch, followed by necessary tiling exercise and THEN getting various items out of the premises as efficiently as possible.  Yip, I can be quiet a force to be reckoned with. 
   Especially when I know I want to get home to my kitty and some TCS time..... 
What do you mean 'no cats were driving'!  Can Spotty not drive yet?  Or is it because Spotty only drives sticking to the speed limit?
yes, I don't get that......How is it that everything seems to be a chore, now , when I am out and away from home.  But somehow, when at home and near that TCS computer,  I feel I can do more, and in a better mood. (actually, I have not yet managed to extricate myself from that "time warp"  or "time vortex" but don't really even care.   LOL    (not a lot gets done.....hence the ikea 3 drawer dresser is still in pieces, but it looks nice, and do I really need those hats, scarves and mittens to be organized for faster access....I mean....Spring is just around the corner.)

I need your de-clutterer to send me some pointers, or else some detailed notes.

So, did you tile yourself? again.....very impressive.....Tiling must be the most difficult job next to prepping for painting. (I hate painting)

Speaking of which, will you be entering any more realistic drawings, they are awesome, just make sure "Mouse" allows you to participate.

LOL.....no Spotty....I think lost his license when he was a young cat.....something about not staying in between the lines......lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
yes, I don't get that......How is it that everything seems to be a chore, now , when I am out and away from home.  But somehow, when at home and near that TCS computer,  I feel I can do more, and in a better mood. (actually, I have not yet managed to extricate myself from that "time warp"  or "time vortex" but don't really even care.   LOL    (not a lot gets done.....hence the ikea 3 drawer dresser is still in pieces, but it looks nice, and do I really need those hats, scarves and mittens to be organized for faster access....I mean....Spring is just around the corner.)

I have lots of drawers, and boxes, and cupboards....  most of my 'stuff' is either on the floor or on top of laundry basket or said drawers..... there has to be a message in here somewhere for both of us.  

I don't think detailed notes would work but if you pay my (+ Mouse) air fare and hotel bills for a couple of years I'm sure I could get you sorted. 

So, did you tile yourself? again.....very impressive.....Tiling must be the most difficult job next to prepping for painting. (I hate painting)   

Odd little bits don't seem too bad but I wouldn't tackle a whole wall.  Way too scary.   I tried plastering once, now THAT was hard, or messy.  Actually it was both I think...

Speaking of which, will you be entering any more realistic drawings, they are awesome, just make sure "Mouse" allows you to participate.

LOL.....no Spotty....I think lost his license when he was a young cat.....something about not staying in between the lines......lol

Silly me, I guess it would be quite hard for a cat to see out the windscreen, steer,  and keep paws on pedals all at the same time. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I have lots of drawers, and boxes, and cupboards....  most of my 'stuff' is either on the floor or on top of laundry basket or said drawers..... there has to be a message in here somewhere for both of us.  

Ummm.....would you know what the heck that message could be......and where the heck it is in my pile???

I don't think detailed notes would work but if you pay my (+ Mouse) air fare and hotel bills for a couple of years I'm sure I could get you sorted. 

"A coulple of years"......what ever happened to that 4 hour time frame??? even if your de-clutterer started on it first???

Does Mouse require a five star hotel then?? just wondering??? Does he need breakfast in bed??  Mints on the pillow???

Odd little bits don't seem too bad but I wouldn't tackle a whole wall.  Way too scary.   I tried plastering once, now THAT was hard, or messy.  Actually it was both I think...

Really, I guess you are a perfectionist....because plastering always reminds me of working with white mud, or batter  ( I don't bake....so have no idea how you use batter
).....just throw it on.  let it semi-dry.....wet with sponge till somewhat smoothe.....dry.....sand.....repeat.....forget how bad it looks.....paint over it.....hide it with nice large painting.....forget about it ....never attempt it again.....lol

when asked....why it looks so bad....say that you had an off day...and the lighting was not right...idk....lol.

Silly me, I guess it would be quite hard for a cat to see out the windscreen, steer,  and keep paws on pedals all at the same time. 

No, you would be surprised at the modifications we can make to cars here....our cats are just not as smart as yours.....plus maybe the paws are a little too short.....LOL....
So I saw today, some very good close up photos of Mouse, on your profile.....are those done using a macro lens? some are very clear?  one looks like a selfie......LOL.....

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

So I saw today, some very good close up photos of Mouse, on your profile.....are those done using a macro lens? some are very clear?  one looks like a selfie......LOL.....
Thanks. LoL,  Selfie - I wouldn't put it past him but no, none are selfies. 
     The ones taken of his fur are with the macro setting on my camera but there are other 'close ups' (the ones that look like selife's probably' where he just got too curious, or wanted to get the camera off me coz he hates getting his picture taken.... mostly as a result of walking right up to the camera that split second it was taking a flash photo when he was only a few weeks old.  Silly boy (nothing to do with little old meeee of course 
)

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you can never be blamed for the crazy camera just shooting off flash-bulbs.
  lol.  I remember a setting for "no flash" but how can one use that when the best shots are usually at night, when our cats are active.
 Daytime, would be too many sleeping kitty shots.(cute....but how many are enough and where is the action"?)

Okay, today, Spotty decides to wake me up at 6am???
 I am thinking its his way of getting me back because I brought over another dog, for one week, while owner is on holiday, or maybe he was just hungry and did not appreciate the food given to him by my sister.

And while Spotty will be able to enjoy sleeping during the day, I will have to be doing some major work, because some dumb plumbing pipe decides to leak.  Its on a drain pipe section, so not too bad since can just be sure not to use water in  that section, and then get extra time to leisurely repair it.....I'm thinking tomorrow is a good day.
  If it were on a supply line with no shut-off section, then would have to do it asap., since no one likes to be without water for too long.

Must get some more "zzzz's " now (sleep)
, or else will be stuck in that "can't do anything,....sleepy  phase"

see u on site, later.

"Blue suede shoes",  make sure Kimbo, is not attacking those feet, either.
  lol.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

...Okay, today, Spotty decides to wake me up at 6am???
 I am thinking its his way of getting me back because I brought over another dog, for one week, while owner is on holiday, or maybe he was just hungry and did not appreciate the food given to him by my sister.

And while Spotty will be able to enjoy sleeping during the day, I will have to be doing some major work, because some dumb plumbing pipe decides to leak.  Its on a drain pipe section, so not too bad since can just be sure not to use water in  that section, and then get extra time to leisurely repair it.....I'm thinking tomorrow is a good day.
  If it were on a supply line with no shut-off section, then would have to do it asap., since no one likes to be without water for too long.

Must get some more "zzzz's " now (sleep)
, or else will be stuck in that "can't do anything,....sleepy  phase"

see u on site, later.

"Blue suede shoes",  make sure Kimbo, is not attacking those feet, either.
  lol.
So have you lazzzed your way through today, or given in and attacked the plumbing?  Do you not have that problem where putting off till tomorrow morphs into next month or next year? 
  I don't think I'd touch any plumbing job, water and me mix too easily and I'd be sure to end up surrounded / soaked by it if I so much as touched a bit of pipe...  I'll stick to tiling and flat pack furniture if you don't mind.

I didn't think Spotty was an early morning kitty!  You might have to start getting those zzzzs in earlier and avoid TCS in the evenings in case 8 pm turns in to 4 am, at least until you have earned back Spotty's respect.  I trust this additional canine has now returned to its usual residence, or is this merely the start of the holiday?  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
   I didn't think Spotty was an early morning kitty!  You might have to start getting those zzzzs in earlier and avoid TCS in the evenings in case 8 pm turns in to 4 am, at least until you have earned back Spotty's respect.  I trust this additional canine has now returned to its usual residence, or is this merely the start of the holiday?  
"Lazzed"....LOL......such a great word.....I have to start writing these down now.

Yes, I have lazzed  my day today. No plumbing was done.  But that IKea project is on phase two, where the instructions were read and now tools can be gathered for phase 3...assembly.

I was going to say that you would be an excellent "motivational coach"
but am afraid too, since it might get to your head.  And then a monster may be created.   LOL.

I so have that problem of putting things off, and it does get morphed into some astronomical date in the future where the plans were forgotten, the project is unfinished and all I am left with is disappointed.
 lol.  I gotta start drinking,
may be that would be a good excuse.  

the plumbing has to be done tomorrow, because of other people's schedules, so I really have no choice.  I am just hoping it goes really fast.   I shall bring a replica of cat Spotty with me, then. (now I remember....its a good thing....time warping???)

Actually Spotty does rise early morning because my sister gets up at 4 or 5am.....I don't know.....since I'm usually in dreamland.  He usually leaves me alone, so I don't know why I needed to be awaken.  

I don't think I could avoid TCS in the evenings. but I can try, for a day. and see.

8pm does actually fly so fast into 2am.....I am avoiding the Site after  2am....since then I forget which day it is...LOL

No, the extra dog is at the start of the holidays, so Spotty better show me some respect, what am I saying,.....that will never happen,   but yesterday.....for no apparent reason Spotty wanted to bother this new dog, while she was sleeping,   Spotty wallked by her, reached out and touched her muzzle.   I think it was telling new dog that the cat rules the home, no matter if dogs now outnumber said cat.

What a character,  and I thought you mellow as a senior cat.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Phase 2 of Ikea project!  I am well impressed. How long do you need to contemplate these instuctions and let your brain absorbe them?  Can you just read and then know what to do?  Are you sure you understood these instructions if you need to gather tools???  
   I wouldn't suggest drinking as an excuse as few people accept that one now, and the consequences can be fairly painful - from those nasty things I've heard about called hangovers to bruises and broken bones due to furniture, walls and floors not being where you expect them to be, to general pain and yellow colouring of liver overload......  yes you might get forgetful but the other side efffects are likely to be rather less appealing. 
   Not to mention your ability to prattle on might be affected and then who would ms waise and I chat to? 
     Time warps and lazzzy days to recover from short bursts of activity seem much healthier ways to cope with the demands of furniture construction to me.   

You are really lucky having a sister that likes to get up for Spotty so he doesn't have to pester you unless you have seriously annoyed him.   Good ploy.  Must remember that if I ever get another cat and it wants to get me up early:  find a sister that will stay in my apartment and get up early to tend to the cat then leave me in peace to enjoy the snuggles for remains of the time.
    I'm not sure I want a sister, do you think a brother would work as well?   Shame that canine holiday's only just started, have you drafted a plan in case Spotty decides you have to be tormented every day that this visitor is present?  What technique did he use?  was it one that could be avoided by wearing ear plugs, eye mask and super padded, kitty paw resistent bed cover, or much more paws on?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Phase 2 of Ikea project!  I am well impressed. How long do you need to contemplate these instuctions and let your brain absorbe them?  Can you just read and then know what to do?  Are you sure you understood these instructions if you need to gather tools???  
   I wouldn't suggest drinking as an excuse as few people accept that one now, and the consequences can be fairly painful - from those nasty things I've heard about called hangovers to bruises and broken bones due to furniture, walls and floors not being where you expect them to be, to general pain and yellow colouring of liver overload......  yes you might get forgetful but the other side efffects are likely to be rather less appealing. 
   Not to mention your ability to prattle on might be affected and then who would ms waise and I chat to? 
     Time warps and lazzzy days to recover from short bursts of activity seem much healthier ways to cope with the demands of furniture construction to me.   

You are really lucky having a sister that likes to get up for Spotty so he doesn't have to pester you unless you have seriously annoyed him.   Good ploy.  Must remember that if I ever get another cat and it wants to get me up early:  find a sister that will stay in my apartment and get up early to tend to the cat then leave me in peace to enjoy the snuggles for remains of the time.
    I'm not sure I want a sister, do you think a brother would work as well?   Shame that canine holiday's only just started, have you drafted a plan in case Spotty decides you have to be tormented every day that this visitor is present?  What technique did he use?  was it one that could be avoided by wearing ear plugs, eye mask and super padded, kitty paw resistent bed cover, or much more paws on?
Ummm....
  I am getting soo confused by all those questions....LOL.   Since drinking is now NOT an option, after that pretty picture you just painted for me, I am just going to say 10 min, yes, yes.   LOL

Yeah, about that sister you think "likes" to wake up for Spotty.....NOPE,  she wakes up because she has to according to her day job, so Spotty leaving me alone, is just a bonus...( and Spotty is technically really her cat...he likes listening to Michael Bolton with her, (strange cat) and prefers the quiet, sensitive people in the family.  He just uses me when no one else is around.  He is a user
.  But I love him.....and he knows it.

No, I think brother's do not do much....so I have been told....by others....wouldn't really know.....I am sure there are exceptions to every rule.  diamonds in the ruff.  good apples....what other cliches can I remember....lol.

Wow, i never even thought about ear plugs, or eye mask....does that even work?

His technique was to get as close as possible to my pillow and head and just meow.....I open my eyes and think....what the heck  was that ???  what time is it????where am I???go bother someone else???

Hope tomorrow is not a repeat, but actually should get up by 8am to get stuff done.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Wow, i never even thought about ear plugs, or eye mask....does that even work?

His technique was to get as close as possible to my pillow and head and just meow.....I open my eyes and think....what the heck  was that ???  what time is it????where am I???go bother someone else???

Hope tomorrow is not a repeat, but actually should get up by 8am to get stuff done.
I don't think ear plugs and eye mask work unless you have an abnormally passive cat that doesn't move on to more annoying and painful tactics if no waking response is achieved.  For some cats I think full body armour is required including face, neck, fingers and toes, absolutely no gaps.  And if there is an air hose I presume it has to be one that is chew proof and the air cannister control would have to be kitty tamper proof....  I wonder if placing the human bed in a kitty proof cage has been tried, and if it has was there some kind of lock that worked well for the door?  Some other members on TCS are sure to know as there are posts about some pretty persistent cats here. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't think ear plugs and eye mask work unless you have an abnormally passive cat that doesn't move on to more annoying and painful tactics if no waking response is achieved.  For some cats I think full body armour is required including face, neck, fingers and toes, absolutely no gaps.  And if there is an air hose I presume it has to be one that is chew proof and the air cannister control would have to be kitty tamper proof....  I wonder if placing the human bed in a kitty proof cage has been tried, and if it has was there some kind of lock that worked well for the door?  Some other members on TCS are sure to know as there are posts about some pretty persistent cats here. 
full body armour???  and an air hose.  LOL....ummm....yeah....YOU have to go to bed now.
 LOL

ahh don"t be placing any human beds in kitty proof cages....even if it is for the sake of science..
  LOL...kooky.....what would the guests think? LOL

good nite,sweet dreams to a shadow

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are pretty awesome ideas for threads.

Either a " general motivation" one, for non-exercisers,  call it "get up off the couch"......lol

or Motivation for daily chores

or a "time management" one.

Where would it be posted in?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Those are pretty awesome ideas for threads.

Either a " general motivation" one, for non-exercisers,  call it "get up off the couch"......lol
or Motivation for daily chores
  or a "time management" one.

Where would it be posted in?
The Cat Lounge. :D