Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not refinance you car if you are currently at a zero interest. If the interest goes up and payments go down that means you will be spending much much more in the long run for your car because of the additional interest you would be paying
i know. :( thats why i havent do it so far. ive paid off 5000$ but still owe $15,000. i bought the car when i was living with my brother. he told me he didnt need help with the house bills, that i could focus on paying off the car.

unfortunately, i had to leave his house. Ive been helping with bills here. im stuck with a car that costs me $360 a month. if i could go back i would get something cheaper. :argh: my coworker bikes to work. just the thought of saving all that money makes me want to copy him. lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i can. but i have allergies. Plus my one cat , Kitty, would hate being locked up. The few times i have done this, she will spend hours endlessly howling to get out of the locked room.

i tried asking her nicely to be careful with the door. if i see her doing it again, then i will consider locking them up. :stars:

edit: i was just talking to someone about debt consolidation. It would only bring down my payment by $70. so not really worth the trouble. they also can include collateral property. I can lower my car with another program, change it from 0% interest, which is what i have, and increase the interest. it would lower it by $90 a month. :cringe: not sure if thats worth it.

for now im going to focus on applying for part time jobs. i am tempted to start selling old stuff in my house.

i have a lot of scrapbook stuff that my mom used to buy for me. i havent had time to do scrapbooks anymore. i dont have any space, and i miss making albums.

sounds kind of crazy, but i feel like im losing a part of my mom if i get rid of that stuff. before i found out she had cancer, she would spend a lot of the day in bed complaining of stomach aches.

she would notice that i was feeling down being home all day and she would take me to Michaels. Crafting was a stress reliever for me. I used to make them for family members. now that im working, i dont really have the mindset for much once i get home. i had hoped to have craft room one day.
I have never needed one of these services, fortunately, but from seeing the ads, it seems to me that they're unnecessary because anyone who really wants to get rid of their debt will do it without using them. You're smart, you have a goal and you sound serious about it. Go for it one step at a time. From what you say, you're right -- you don't need them.
As for your crafting stuff, I personally would keep it because of the association. As long as it's not crowding you out of your space, it's not harming anything, right? and you can use it later when you have time, or not if you decide not to.
On the security issue, not trying to tell you how to live your life, but IMHO it only takes once for an accident to happen. My Sun got out once and I was FRANTIC, as he was on medication and had been an indoor cat since small kittenhood when he found me. Fortunately my ex was able to find him and bring him home. But the cost in stress, and the possibility of it not working out well, was enough for me. That's just my input based on my own experience.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not refinance you car if you are currently at a zero interest. If the interest goes up and payments go down that means you will be spending much much more in the long run for your car because of the additional interest you would be paying
Definitely. Anything at 0% interest you want to keep, even if the payments are higher because it means you will be paying less overall.

This is how financing and loan companies make their money. They give people a low monthly payment but raise the interest rate and people end up paying 2-3x what they would have otherwise because the payments continue for much longer.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06

i know, i understand that. i just feel guilty at the thought of locking them into a small bedroom 24/7. her bf has been careless with the door, but is careful once i talked to him.

this is the first time ive seen her walk away and leave the door wide open like that.

my allergies are really bad as well. it gets to the point that my eyes water non stop, i cant stop sneezing and start feeling hazy.

being in a new job, i dont know if i can risk being sick like that from sleeping with the cats.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06

i know, i understand that. i just feel guilty at the thought of locking them into a small bedroom 24/7. her bf has been careless with the door, but is careful once i talked to him.

this is the first time ive seen her walk away and leave the door wide open like that.

my allergies are really bad as well. it gets to the point that my eyes water non stop, i cant stop sneezing and start feeling hazy.

being in a new job, i dont know if i can risk being sick like that from sleeping with the cats.
Have you tried an OTC antihisthemine like benadryl? Sometimes that's enough to block the symptoms, or at least take the edge off of them.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried an OTC antihisthemine like benadryl? Sometimes that's enough to block the symptoms, or at least take the edge off of them.
they do work on me. but i try to avoid taking them, dont really like taking too many medications.

but my main worry are the cats. would they really be okay locked up in a small room 24/7? every time i have locked them up my older cat become miserable. She'll try to rush out of the room every time the door opens. She'll cry for hours until i finally let her out.

ive had to lock her up during renovations in the past.

Im torn because i want them safe, but i also want them to be happy. thankfully my niece mostly stays home when im working (no car).

what i can do is keep an eye on them at night once my brother in law is here. they're more likely to use the doors during night time shopping trips. sometimes he takes random days off during the week though. :sigh:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An idea just came to me. My brother has a camera that takes pictures whenever someone crosses in front of it. and you can see the camera from your phone. maybe i can set up a camera facing the front door so i can get pictures when the door is opened. so i can keep an eye out.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried to let the kitties in to visit a couple of days ago. Took benadryl before bed and had to take allegra the next morning. Today I woke up with a nose bleed. Had to take more allergy pills lol.

This makes me realize my idea to move into a studio apartment may not be the best idea. :cringe:

Been applying to part time jobs. I found out planet fitness has overnight front desk jobs. Not sure how I'll handle that, but I applied anyway. Lol

Anyone know of places that let you work just the weekend?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There are allergy shots you can get that will help much more than allergy pills. If you have or suspect you have severe allergies it is best to get yourself tested for other things you might be allergic to as well.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried to let the kitties in to visit a couple of days ago. Took benadryl before bed and had to take allegra the next morning. Today I woke up with a nose bleed. Had to take more allergy pills lol.

This makes me realize my idea to move into a studio apartment may not be the best idea. :cringe:

Been applying to part time jobs. I found out planet fitness has overnight front desk jobs. Not sure how I'll handle that, but I applied anyway. Lol

Anyone know of places that let you work just the weekend?
It depends on the job, I'd imagine anywhere that hires part time would be fine with someone who only wants to work weekends.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are allergy shots you can get that will help much more than allergy pills. If you have or suspect you have severe allergies it is best to get yourself tested for other things you might be allergic to as well.
Yes I thought of doing that. But I heard those need to be taken constantly. I worry the doctors visits would end up being costly. I'll ask my doctor tho just in case. Thank u!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the job, I'd imagine anywhere that hires part time would be fine with someone who only wants to work weekends.
:vibes:I'll be going out to the stores near my shop. Not sure if asking in person for jobs makes a difference. My sister tried that and it never helped. Lol

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any hotel chains in your area? They may need extra help at the front desk on weekends. (Just a thought.)

Ohhh, good idea. I'll look around. Might go around to the places near my current job tomorrow and ask about work. Is it rude to say im looking for weekend employment?

-

Health update:

My gyno is finally back from vacation. I went to see him today.

Have to come back in a month. He wants to do a biopsy himself (the other one was from another doc) depending on what he sees then we'll make a decision. He doesn't want me on any kind of birth control until he sees for himself what's going on. Doing a d and c on the 25th.

I'm glad. He could have just given me a medicine and sent me on the way. He wants to be sure what's going on for himself

Im dreading this tho. The last gyno made me bleed for 3 weeks after the d and c he did on me.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just needed a place to vent like always. :sigh: sorry to everyone reading my posts.

been applying every day and havent had luck finding a part time job.

i need to figure out a way to start making money soon. its gotten to the point that as soon as my sister or niece complain about anything, even if its not a big deal, i still feel the anger rising inside, and my heart starts to race.

just today, my niece sends me a whiny text that she thinks the cats got food all over the floors she cleaned. in an area of the house that they dont even eat at (didnt even look like her treats). I'm just sick of dealing with her. I spend all day at work with people telling me what to do, i dont need the hassle of someone nagging at me about stupid things. i want to go home and not have to deal with anyone.

its gotten to the point that i dont even bother answering my sister messages anymore, even the friendly ones. i dont want to deal with her or her daughter.

im afraid if i dont get out of here soon, i will end up blowing up the way i did at my brothers house. i have enough with worrying about my health and issues im having. i need peace in my life, and i just feel so tired. im so angry all the time that i get annoyed by my own cat. just the sound of her meowing can get on my nerves.

im so happy at my new job and i dread coming home.

i know things are not that bad at home, and i mostly get along. but i feel so tired. so sick of dealing with other peoples problems.

i also worry that i wont be able to handle two jobs. im not that young anymore, im in my mid 30s and i feel tired all the time. i dont know if its connected to my health issues. just the thought of working 7 days a week makes me feel overwhelmed. but at the same time, i need my space.

im sorry for complaining. i just feel tired, and feel alone. i feel mentally unstable.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you looked into roommate rentals? That is probably your cheapest housing option.
ive considered it. but then what if im stuck with someone that cant handle the cats? ive had that in the past two houses i have lived in. dont want to deal with any more complaining about the cats. that cats have been the main cause of problems in the two houses i have lived in.

in the beginning my sister acted like she didnt mind them. until she started hating them getting on everything.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the possible “what if’s” can get you stuck. You won’t know until you look. But an agreement that includes paying rent is a different situation from living with relatives even if you contribute.
ok i'll look into it 🙂 i would prefer to live on my own though. so im going to also keep applying to jobs. :sigh: i know this sounds awful, but ive had enough of living with other people.