Venting....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im sorry i disappeared. i didnt see the responses until now, im sorry about that!:cringe:

I am doing okay, i went to my follow up a couple of weeks ago, and there are still abnormal cells in my uterus. The doctor suggested that i stay on the medication i am on for four more months, and then we do a follow up d&c to see if the meds are working. The procedure will be in april. Its been stressful, this entire month i went back to the constant spotting (the symptom that first let me know something was wrong). Been having random cramping. The doctor let me know he would increase my meds if the bleeding doesnt completely stop.

I had a week off from work, and resting seems to be clearing things up thankfully.

My sister came down for a week. I think she spoke to my niece because things have been a lot calmer in the house. So im not constantly stressed from the arguing or negativity.

Again, im really sorry to have disappeared. this month is pretty special, it was my closest nieces 9th birthday, and her brothers bday too. It was also my birthday :dunce: i turned 35 years old on 12/19. so its been a busy month.

Thank you guys for keeping me in your thoughts. :heartshape::heartshape:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do remain in our thoughts and hopes. Don’t worry about responding, you’ll still be on our minds!
It sounds like the rest is helping a lot! Maybe that will do the trick!
Happy Birthday! To your niece and nephew too! :bday::woo::celebrate::party::party3: Happy New Year as well!
thank you! happy new year to you too! :woo:im spending my new years night at home watching over my terrified cats. lol

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Belated :bday::celebrate: mine was Dec 15th. So glad things have calmed down at home. Hoping your health keeps improving. Gypsy is terrified of fireworks. I've tried a number of things but this has been working, I picked it up at either Petsmart or PetCo: 20190708_011828.jpg

I had gotten these ($10.00 down the drain) but Gypsy wouldn't even try one:
20190708_011406-1.jpg

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so glad you posted! I’ve been worried about you and am glad to hear that things are better at home.

I hope that 2020 is a year of health and happiness for you. :vibes:
i pray the same for you! thank you for all the support you have given me. :heartshape:

My kitties are terrified too. Fireworks are illegal here but most of my neighbors shoot them anyway. I put a blanket on the floor and I’m laying in the middle of a pile of kitties!! Lol
awww. im sure the kitties appreciated having you with them. fireworks are illegal here too, but the police doesnt do anything to stop it. makes me feel bad for the neighborhood pets that are out there alone.

I'm so glad you posted too. Happy belated birthday. 🎂
And Happy New Year. Here's hoping all your dreams come true this year. :redheartpump:
thank you for everthing! the same to you. :heartshape:
Count me in on the well wishes for you. 🤗 Glad to hear you've just been busy and things are more calm in your household now. Hope the good vibes continue throughout 2020.🤞
well wishes for you too! thanks for everything. :heartshape:
Belated :bday::celebrate: mine was Dec 15th. So glad things have calmed down at home. Hoping your health keeps improving. Gypsy is terrified of fireworks. I've tried a number of things but this has been working, I picked it up at either Petsmart or PetCo:View attachment 315578
thanks for the suggestion! Last night was awful, fireworks until 4 am. the poor cats were terrified. Kitty even missed one of her morning meals so she woke me up early asking me to fix the catmate machine for her.

---

again, thank you to everyone thats been posting on this thread and been such a huge support for me. I pray this year brings many blessings to you all!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The police here don’t do anything about fireworks either because there are just too many people shooting them off to chase them all down. Just not enough officers to go around! I live in an area where a great many shoot them off. Unless someone does something dangerous and someone reports them nothing is done. I keep shelters up outside for any frightened neighborhood animals. At least this property won’t have fireworks and they have a place to go for the night.
Just a tip, a blanket fresh and warm from the dryer with a kitty parent on it or under it works wonders for scared kitties. Some of mine got under the blanket and some got on it. I handed out kitty treats as well. It turned into a snuggle fest!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Belated :bday::celebrate: mine was Dec 15th. So glad things have calmed down at home. Hoping your health keeps improving. Gypsy is terrified of fireworks. I've tried a number of things but this has been working, I picked it up at either Petsmart or PetCo:View attachment 315578

I had gotten these ($10.00 down the drain) but Gypsy wouldn't even try one:
View attachment 315577
Forgot to mention. The tube says to put on their paws for them to lick off but I just put it on my fingers and she licks it right off since I give her hairball stuff the same way. Make sure to hold two fingers together so it doesn't fall off at first lick.
Happy New Year everyone. Wishs for a safe and healthy and happy 2020 :party2::party: 20200101_120721.jpg

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention. The tube says to put on their paws for them to lick off but I just put it on my fingers and she licks it right off since I give her hairball stuff the same way. Make sure to hold two fingers together so it doesn't fall off at first lick.
Happy New Year everyone. Wishs for a safe and healthy and happy 2020 :party2::party: View attachment 315763
lol love the pic, i have a few pictures of my cats mid meow like that. lol was that picture taken new years day?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. Been a while since I posted.

Things have been calm at home thankfully, my niece and I have been getting along. Im still stuck at home. Im almost done paying for the d&c I had last November, and need to save up just in case something comes up after my next d&c in April.

I still don't know what will happen with my sisters house, she has a concussion and hasn't been able to return to work. We are trying to get them to lower the mortgage but who knows what will happen.

I don't really have a place to go if that happens. Im not sure how much my family will help. My oldest brother swore he would help me pay for my medical expenses, but that hasn't happened.

My health hasn't been great. Gained 22.lbs while on the pill megestrol (for the abnormal cells in my uterus). I've always been heavier, but these pills make you very hungry. If I ignore the feeling I start becoming nauseous.

Feel so tired and don't sleep very well anymore. Still have bleeding and cramping which is frustrating. 😒

But overall my mental health is better which I am very thankful for. I think my niece noticed and sister noticed how mentally unwell I was and they backed off.

Anyway, just wanted to check in with everyone. 🥰

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. Been a while since I posted.

Things have been calm at home thankfully, my niece and I have been getting along. Im still stuck at home. Im almost done paying for the d&c I had last November, and need to save up just in case something comes up after my next d&c in April.

I still don't know what will happen with my sisters house, she has a concussion and hasn't been able to return to work. We are trying to get them to lower the mortgage but who knows what will happen.

I don't really have a place to go if that happens. Im not sure how much my family will help. My oldest brother swore he would help me pay for my medical expenses, but that hasn't happened.

My health hasn't been great. Gained 22.lbs while on the pill megestrol (for the abnormal cells in my uterus). I've always been heavier, but these pills make you very hungry. If I ignore the feeling I start becoming nauseous.

Feel so tired and don't sleep very well anymore. Still have bleeding and cramping which is frustrating. 😒

But overall my mental health is better which I am very thankful for. I think my niece noticed and sister noticed how mentally unwell I was and they backed off.

Anyway, just wanted to check in with everyone. 🥰
*PRAYERS* and all the best thoughts for you, and your family, terestrife terestrife -- seems like life is feast or famine for so many of us, doesn't it? *Sorry for the food reference. That's something you can hopefully deal with later. Right now top priority has to be recuperation and living conditions, right?* I've never done it before, but a lot of people set up GoFundMes for things like these. Just a suggestion. No shame in it -- these are tough times and so many people have to be creative in order to survive.
:vibes:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS* and all the best thoughts for you, and your family, terestrife terestrife -- seems like life is feast or famine for so many of us, doesn't it? *Sorry for the food reference. That's something you can hopefully deal with later. Right now top priority has to be recuperation and living conditions, right?* I've never done it before, but a lot of people set up GoFundMes for things like these. Just a suggestion. No shame in it -- these are tough times and so many people have to be creative in order to survive.
:vibes:
For now im getting by, if it gets to the point that we have to leave my sister's house then I wouldn't mind starting a GoFundMe.

I try to avoid asking for help and try to take care of things on my own. My brother offered help, but since he hasn't mentioned it again, I just let it go.

Thank you for the support. 😊🥰 I'm in a good state of mind for now. Hopefully things keep looking up.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For now im getting by, if it gets to the point that we have to leave my sister's house then I wouldn't mind starting a GoFundMe.

I try to avoid asking for help and try to take care of things on my own. My brother offered help, but since he hasn't mentioned it again, I just let it go.

Thank you for the support. 😊🥰 I'm in a good state of mind for now. Hopefully things keep looking up.
I'm the same way, raised that way and convinced that DIY is the best way in most instances. But there are times when we have to reach out. When my ex decided to dump us, and I was confronted not only with moving from our beautiful land/house and also with having to find safe haven for our large feline family, I appealed for help to several friends. Only one offered to take us in, and I know his offer was sincere and no strings attached, because he always had my back. We lost him very unexpectedly last November -- I just found out very recently. I didn't have to take him up on his offer, but just knowing he truly cared enough to offer made all the difference in my life at a very, very dark time. Sometimes we can't plan out how to do everything precisely and solve all of our own problems. Sometimes others can help and sometimes -- amazingly! -- sometimes others DO help. :yess: *In loving memory of my best friend, Tom. Thanking you always for your caring and generosity.*
QIFFE6881.JPG

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanking you always for your caring and generosity.*View attachment 322370
Im sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a very special person. It's hard to find good friends like that. 💕

Don't worry if things get really bad I'll reach out to family, and possibly my coworkers. Im not too proud to ask for help if it gets to a point that I can't control.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eat a lot of salad, it's pretty much the most non-fattening food on the planet. As long as you don't drown it in dressing anyway.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a very special person. It's hard to find good friends like that. 💕

Don't worry if things get really bad I'll reach out to family, and possibly my coworkers. Im not too proud to ask for help if it gets to a point that I can't control.
Thank you. He was. Not too many people in this society are that generous and caring.

Good on ya. Sometimes we need help. Even people like me, who are staunchly independent, sometimes need to ask.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eat a lot of salad, it's pretty much the most non-fattening food on the planet. As long as you don't drown it in dressing anyway.
i'll try that. lol im not really a salad person, the only vegetable i genuinely love is broccoli. 🥦 but at this point i'll have to do whatever i can.
Thank you. He was. Not too many people in this society are that generous and caring.

Good on ya. Sometimes we need help. Even people like me, who are staunchly independent, sometimes need to ask.
hopefully things work out, dont want to worry and stress unnecessarily. :heartshape: