Undecided

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I agree, he is currently put outside on a night & he hates it because he's only ever been an indoor cat. I hate to think that he has to go outside, it's not his owner it's because her cats fight with him. I just want him to be stress free & calm & happy [emoji]128515[/emoji]

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently the stuff from pets at home is good stuff so I'll stick to that, better to be safe than sorry!!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I agree, he is currently put outside on a night & he hates it because he's only ever been an indoor cat. I hate to think that he has to go outside, it's not his owner it's because her cats fight with him. I just want him to be stress free & calm & happy [emoji]128515[/emoji]
Thank you for considering taking him. Sticking an animal outside to fend for itself is cruel. Cats raised inside do not develop mature minds. Because their needs are provided for they never have to quit playing for want of a better way of putting it.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the stuff from pets at home is good stuff so I'll stick to that, better to be safe than sorry!!
Oh I agree. That was why I switched to predominantly Mrs. Myers products. They are more expensive but I use them so I won't worry [emoji]128522[/emoji]

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you believe this, the lady that owns shadow contacted me to say shadow had an infection in his mouth so she was going to get it checked out but that it was going to be expensive. So she had asked the RSPCA to help, they told her they couldn't because the cat was semi feral!! Shadow spends the day in her house, eats their, spends the night outside in her heated summer house. When he comes in he sits on her knee & lets her stroke him. He uses a litter tray & a scratch post. Has never damaged anything in her house. She did take him in as a stray but found out through his microchip that he used to be a house cat that had got out accidentally & couldn't find his way home. Unfortunately his owners had moved away so she couldn't return him. How on earth can this cat be classed as semi feral????

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no...poor Shadow [emoji]128575[/emoji] That doesn't make much sense to me especially as he has a microchip but I'm not at all familiar with the RSPCA. Maybe you could try to intervene? Are there any other low cost animal care facilities? Would you be willing to split the cost with Shadow's owner to take him to a vet? How does his current owner know that care would be expensive?

Sorry lots of questions...just want Shadow to get the care he needs and with you!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently her other cat had a similar problem & it cost her £500!! She's gone to the cat protection & asked them to help. As I haven't officially taken him yet she doesn't want me to pay anything, which is really nice of her

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everything works out ok...poor little man. Please keep us posted on how things are going. I'm keeping my paws crossed that he gets the medical attention he needs, that maybe it's not the exact same issue as her other cat had and that it's not quite so expensive for treatment.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you believe this, the lady that owns shadow contacted me to say shadow had an infection in his mouth so she was going to get it checked out but that it was going to be expensive. So she had asked the RSPCA to help, they told her they couldn't because the cat was semi feral!! Shadow spends the day in her house, eats their, spends the night outside in her heated summer house. When he comes in he sits on her knee & lets her stroke him. He uses a litter tray & a scratch post. Has never damaged anything in her house. She did take him in as a stray but found out through his microchip that he used to be a house cat that had got out accidentally & couldn't find his way home. Unfortunately his owners had moved away so she couldn't return him. How on earth can this cat be classed as semi feral????[/quote

Try to PDSA.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've mentioned the PDSA to her, I think she's waiting to hear back from the cat protection then go from there

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What do you folks think about the feral cat post????

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I haven't heard anything yet

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What do you folks think about the feral cat post????
Shadow really doesn't sound semi-feral to me.  Based on his behavior, I'm not sure what more he could do to be considered a house cat.  The fact that he had a microchip also argues against the semi-feral designation.  I hope he is getting the treatment he needs.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know, the lady that still has him, contacted me today & told me that shadow fell asleep with his head resting on her chest!!!! So much for semi feral!!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, the lady that still has him, contacted me today & told me that shadow fell asleep with his head resting on her chest!!!! So much for semi feral!!
Awwww...that is so sweet [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ He is just going to love having his own home and his human all to himself!!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I can't wait, he's getting bullied at the minute by the lady's other cats so he's pretty stressed at the minute.
He's got to back to the vets on Tuesday to have a tooth out, due to the infection.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the poor little man...I'm glad to hear that he'll be on the mend soon though. I hope you all can move him in with you soon. Sounds like he's been through so much and now it's time for him to have a quiet, peaceful life [emoji]10084[/emoji]️