Undecided

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That looks good but I'd be a bit afraid that the suction pads wouldn't hold as he's a very big cat, I think from what his current owner has said that he just likes sitting on the window sill & watching the world go by!!!!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks good but I'd be a bit afraid that the suction pads wouldn't hold as he's a very big cat, I think from what his current owner has said that he just likes sitting on the window sill & watching the world go by!!!!
Does that include weekends?

50 pounds worth of cat? I think not. It seems a lovely seat. If I lived in America I'd get 2 for my boys.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Which is better clumping or non clumping litter & which is the best to use??

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My preference is clumping as it super easy to scoop and keep the litter box clean. I use Worlds Best Cat Litter. I would suggest initially using the same type of litter your soon to be kitty currently uses: it will help to minimize litter box issues during his transition to his new home with you. If you decide to at some point to try a different type/brand of litter once he is settled in, make the transition slowly!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scented litters make poo and pee smell worse, I think.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had another thought that may or may not be a possibility: is there any way to put in a bird feeder outside a window? I recently purchased a small one, which sticks on the window with suction cups, and my kitty is now going nuts over the birds every day! Just another thought on an option to enrich your soon to be kitty's new life. The one I purchased was similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NVM2L6/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
I had one of those for my cats a few years ago. It certainly worked in terms of stimulation - Wiggies got so excited that one day he leaped at it and banged his head quite hard on the glass. :( Poor muffin, I had to get rid of it. I have a couple of feeders up on the balcony and they provide great entertainment.

We also have a couple of window seat perches, and they have been a huge hit with my boys for years. Best seat in the house!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no poor cat, at least you knew it was working though!! My bird feeder would be about 6/7ft away so hopefully that won't happen!!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty did that once in excitement when I first got my bird feeder. She was totally fine and learned pretty quickly that she can't be an active participant after that one time.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no. Funnily enough I was cooking tea tonight & I was watching this black cat sunbathing, it then stood up stalking birds, which was so sweet, but I noticed he was only a young one. The next thing the lady that lives in the house at the back of me was leaning over the fence & waving frantically at me. I went out & the kitten had got out, climbed the tree & jumped into my garden & couldn't get back over the fence. He came trotting over to me, he was soooo gorgeous. I took it as a sign that I should get shadow because he was black!!!!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. Funnily enough I was cooking tea tonight & I was watching this black cat sunbathing, it then stood up stalking birds, which was so sweet, but I noticed he was only a young one. The next thing the lady that lives in the house at the back of me was leaning over the fence & waving frantically at me. I went out & the kitten had got out, climbed the tree & jumped into my garden & couldn't get back over the fence. He came trotting over to me, he was soooo gorgeous. I took it as a sign that I should get shadow because he was black!!!!
Yup it's a sign!!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you're right. I could have taken the little one home, he was gorgeous [emoji]128571[/emoji]

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On a totally different thread, what do you use to clean your kitchen surfaces & floors. I currently use flash for the floor and detol multi surface cleaner spray for the surfaces.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a totally different thread, what do you use to clean your kitchen surfaces & floors. I currently use flash for the floor and detol multi surface cleaner spray for the surfaces.
As far as I know dettol is poisonous for animals.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I didn't realise you were in the US, I've found out that there is a spray from my local pets at home that I can use.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I didn't realise you were in the US, I've found out that there is a spray from my local pets at home that I can use.
Oh good! Anything relatively non-toxic is best for everyday use. When I need to use a tougher cleaner like say for the bathroom, I just keep the door shut while I'm cleaning and for 24 or so hours to keep mischievous kittys out and I try to rinse as thoroughly as possible!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not that I don't want her I was just wanting an opinion, I have no problem keeping him indoors at all. I've got pictures of him & I love him.

Anyone that has any opinions would be greatly appreciated, please don't think I don't want him, in just looking for reassurance that I'm doing the right thing.

Thanks
Late in this. If he is a five year old indoor cat he needs to remain an indoor cat. In fact as much as I love cats I hate the free roaming ones that show up in my yard causing issues. Even more I hate having to get out of my car and scape a cat body that has obviously been run over multiple times to the side so at least they aren't the target for sick minds even in death.