Two Kittens, Simple Questions!

Rebbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! So, I rescued two kittens after their mother abandoned them. These kitten are no more than two weeks old so obviously need some extra attention. I'm no stranger to cats but as for kittens, I haven't taken care of one since I was a teenager, and those were outside kittens that were way oder than these two. Needles to say I'm pretty rusty lol.
Questions!
1) Why do they keep curling up around my chest and shoulders when it's time for bed? I don't really mind, I'm just worried that I'll roll over and hurt them
2) They like to lick my lips and nose, and will sometimes nip my nose?
3) Any tips on early potty training? I'd like to start early since they're inside cats

Thank you in advance! I might have more questions later!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Rebbs, welcome to TCS :wave3:

Thank you for rescuing these two kittens :clap:

Since they are around two weeks old, I suggest that you continue to feed the KMR Goat's milk as they still need the necessary nutrients that they needed from momma cat. No cow's milk please as cats are lactose intolerant.

At 3weeks old, they are able to eat solid food but best is to give them canned food as they are protein based and kittens need proteins to grow. At the same time, you can continue to add the KMR milk to either if you are getting kitten's food for them or you can get those that are 'For all life stages' food.

It's great that they are clingy and wants to sleep with you as many here wants this type of kittens but they don't get it. You are fortunate. I don't think you'll roll over them as you'll be cautious as not to squash them during your sleep.

It's affectionate behavior from them when they lick your lips or nose and those bites are just live bites. My boy loves to do that to me too and he always gives me nose bumps.

Yes, you can train them now to use the litter box. They should be able to use it on their own.

Here are some articles for you to read :-
First-time Cat Owner's Guide
Bringing Home A New Cat - The Complete Guide
How To Choose The Right Litterbox
The 10 Most Common Litterbox Mistakes Cat Owners Make
The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know
Litter Box Location Secrets
How Often Should You Clean The Litter Box?
How To Set Up An Effective Litterbox Maintenance Routine
How To Choose The Right Cat Litter
How Many Litterboxes Should You Have?
Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your Home
Household Chemicals And Your Cats
Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats

Feel free to ask questions and we are glad to help. There are many experienced cats here that may be able to answer your questions :wink:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens are too small to sleep with you at night right now. Put them in a secure box with a heating pad set on low under their blankets. They could certainly be hurt.

How much, how often, and what are you feeding?

They can transition to solids when they are 4-6 weeks old. 3 weeks is very young. They potty train at that age too.

Are you helping them to potty?