Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am home- surgery went well,I'm in pain but I'd be in no less pain in the hospital - I feel so much better seeing my babies all around me

Surgeon said I'm doing great,ready to go home he added" just go SLOW MsKwik" and DO NOT fall!

Yay ,it's over

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am home- surgery went well,I'm in pain but I'd be in no less pain in the hospital - I feel so much better seeing my babies all around me

Surgeon said I'm doing great,ready to go home he added" just go SLOW MsKwik" and DO NOT fall!

Yay ,it's over
You'll heal faster with the cats around you :hugs:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad its going smoothly! How did the kittens do?
They did very well- Timmy was pretty stressed and did not come in from the patio right away after my neighbors left- he peeked his head through the cat flap and kept looking at me to get the "all clear"

After a few" It's okay baby Babaloos" he came in,jumped up next to me,snuggled and he settled down -all back to normal now

Attachments

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
They did very well- Timmy was pretty stressed and did not come in from the patio right away after my neighbors left- he peeked his head through the cat flap and kept looking at me to get the "all clear"

After a few" It's okay baby Babaloos" he came in,jumped up next to me,snuggled and he settled down -all back to normal now
:hearthrob::redheartpump:
5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif

Rest well and don't stress the knee. Now you are semi bionic :lol:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik

How is Miss Bionic doing? :think:
Doing well TT- working hard at my physical therapy and making progress,as a matter of fact the therapist was very impressed and said it's obvious how much Im working at my rehab- I told him I was worried I might break something because I was pushing and heard cracking sounds- he laughed and said it's all titanium ,your not gonna break anything because your Bionic now!lol

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent @tabbytom,thanks for asking - feel like a million bucks(err,6 million!!!! Lol)

Therapy is going very well,today is my 2wk follow up with surgeon,the therapist said Dr will be well pleased as I'm far beyond what's expected at just 2wks time- Anxious to get this bandage off and hoping I'll be more comfortable ,therapist says that tight feeling when bending the knee will help alot once it's off

Yesterday I washed the car,did a bit of cooking,vacuumed - it really feels good moving around..... I'm already thinking about how soon I can get the other knee done!

Timmy is not speaking to me ATM,they all got their Revolution Plus only moments ago so after his application he took off out the cat flap and onto the patio,shocked I would do something so awful to him( lol) - he's actually come back in just now but instead of running in to me he's not looking at me......should be all forgotten soon enough 🤔

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Excellent @tabbytom,thanks for asking - feel like a million bucks(err,6 million!!!! Lol)

Therapy is going very well,today is my 2wk follow up with surgeon,the therapist said Dr will be well pleased as I'm far beyond what's expected at just 2wks time- Anxious to get this bandage off and hoping I'll be more comfortable ,therapist says that tight feeling when bending the knee will help alot once it's off

Yesterday I washed the car,did a bit of cooking,vacuumed - it really feels good moving around..... I'm already thinking about how soon I can get the other knee done!

Timmy is not speaking to me ATM,they all got their Revolution Plus only moments ago so after his application he took off out the cat flap and onto the patio,shocked I would do something so awful to him( lol) - he's actually come back in just now but instead of running in to me he's not looking at me......should be all forgotten soon enough 🤔
688E0FFB-3ACD-4695-BA19-F99B9A8A9A50$L0$001~photo.JPG

fluffpaws

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI Kwik , I am so envious of you!!!! Could you please tell me how you apply a flea med to your ex-feral Timmy? I have been trying for months , she rolls on her back as soon as i start to apply flea med ,most of the time it winds up on the floor and she takes off running..I swear she can smell it as soon as the cap comes off.I get so discouraged because she desperately needs it.I've been having to keep her on the screen enclosed patio to prevent an infestation in the house.Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
HI Kwik , I am so envious of you!!!! Could you please tell me how you apply a flea med to your ex-feral Timmy? I have been trying for months , she rolls on her back as soon as i start to apply flea med ,most of the time it winds up on the floor and she takes off running..I swear she can smell it as soon as the cap comes off.I get so discouraged because she desperately needs it.I've been having to keep her on the screen enclosed patio to prevent an infestation in the house.Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Can you hold her ? Is your girl a newly transitioned outdoor to indoor?

When Timmy was still outside I'd quickly apply the Revolution as he was eating and he'd take off running- it would take days for him to get back to letting me pet him while he ate and so he'd hardly eat for days because he only ate IF I was petting him so after a few months of that vicious cycle I switched him to a monthly pill for fleas ( credilio) -it doesn't cover as many parasites as the Revolution Plus but breaking up the pill into a powder mixed in his food and splitting it into 2 feedings so he did not detect the funny taste was a much better option at the time- you might want to consider it for the time being

Now my other 4 have always been on Revolution Plus except Timmy who's been on the Credilio since hes indoors (11months) and I this is the first time I've put the topical solution again- figuring he'll get over it more quickly now- Timmy loves to get petted so I had it in my hand as I was petting him and then snuck the squirt in- he took off like a Banchi but indeed he was back in quickly enough and was leary of me petting him so I got some Temptation lickable ,put in on my fingers and he forgot all about that terrible thing I did!

You have to remember that it's not just the funny feeling of something on their neck ,it can also have a burning sensation and a couple of seconds of rapid heart beat- so it csn be quite scarey for a cat.....my Bella HATES the application,if she sees the others get it first she'll run away and fears she's next- sounds like your girl and seems to smell it( and thats quite possible with their keen sense of smell)

Anyway ,all my cats except Timmy are very handleable do I pick Bella up and hold her close then get the tube,open it and apply holding her close to my chest until she calms a few seconds after application- she runs but comes right back when I put her down because the sensation is gone

Does that help in any way- I used to have a cat that was terrified and too wiggly to hold for application so I'd harness him and that made it very easy on my lap harnessed with the lead under my leg

If your girl is feral still then try the Credilio ,you can even break it into 4 teeny pieces and administer in food over the course of 2days ( it's a very bitter taste)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
After using Revolution Plus for years with no problem I also switched to Credilio after Gypsy got a bald spot at the Revolution application spot a year or so ago. I break it in to 4ths and poke each piece into a piece of Sheba Meat stick, Salmon is softer than chicken so is easier to put the piece on. She won't eat it in food. I also give her a monthly dose of Heartguard to prevent heartworms. I can just break it into 4 pieces and she will eat them without hiding them. Wish the flea med tasted as good to her.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
After using Revolution Plus for years with no problem I also switched to Credilio after Gypsy got a bald spot at the Revolution application spot a year or so ago. I break it in to 4ths and poke each piece into a piece of Sheba Meat stick, Salmon is softer than chicken so is easier to put the piece on. She won't eat it in food. I also give her a monthly dose of Heartguard to prevent heartworms. I can just break it into 4 pieces and she will eat them without hiding them. Wish the flea med tasted as good to her.
Yes,I saw you mentioned recently you've switched to Credilio because of Gypsy's sudden reaction to it- Good call,how about ear mites?I actually went back to the Rev for Timmy because I noticed a little flicking when I'd pet behind the ear and figured I'd try again and at least see if the flicking stops,his ears look clean though and we are not to the point I'd be able to medicate or clean in his ears without sedation - they all spend lots of time outside in the patio so Florida is crazy with bugs & parasites

I'm well pleased with Credilio too,if I go back I'll add HeartGuard ( brilliant)great advice for fluffpaws fluffpaws ... I'm sure you can clean Gypsy's ears, that little love bug girl - I know she LOVES frolicking around in the grass on her leash