Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, about ear buds. Are there ones for computers that are different than phones? Or are they all the same?

All new territory for me, you know, being that I'm a dinosaur and all. :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...we've done a bit about reggae, and I thought I'd get in a bit about my own favorite Island music...steel pan music from Trinidad/Tobago. The first clip is actually a tutorial on what pan music is, and how the instruments are made (you may be surprised).

THIS is pan music! LOL, I really prefer the Trinidadian bands, but these guys are playing a song everyone is familiar with, so you can tell how versatile this instrument really is.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, about ear buds. Are there ones for computers that are different than phones? Or are they all the same?

All new territory for me, you know, being that I'm a dinosaur and all. :lol:
I use the same ones for both. When I plug them into the computer I get a little pop up asking what I plugged in and I choose ear buds (I assume the volume would be adjusted differently for like over the head headphones) and just listen away.

Beyond The Sea - Kina Grannis cover

I suppose I should post the original, too.

Bobby Darrin's version

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use the same ones for both. When I plug them into the computer I get a little pop up asking what I plugged in and I choose ear buds (I assume the volume would be adjusted differently for like over the head headphones) and just listen away.
I think I mentioned that my phone ones worked in the computer, however, the cord isn't long enough to reach so that I can sit comfortably. Maybe some have different length cords. Or maybe I can live with that tinny sound. ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I mentioned that my phone ones worked in the computer, however, the cord isn't long enough to reach so that I can sit comfortably. Maybe some have different length cords. Or maybe I can live with that tinny sound. ;)
Do you have a desktop or a laptop? It could be my cord is longer, but being able to put my computer straight on my lap probably helps.

I think I do have a fairly long cord, though. I'm not home right now, but now I want to measure it later.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My earbuds cord is about 4 feet/125cm long!

...I should post some music. Here's a guilty pleasure that doesn't fit under any theme. You can probably figure out how I discovered it based on the cameo in the video. :p

Nice Guys - Chester See, Ryan Higa and KevJumba

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Go wireless.
Hmmm... that's a thought. :)

Do you have a desktop or a laptop? It could be my cord is longer, but being able to put my computer straight on my lap probably helps.
Desktop. And the the earbuds that come with my phone, only have maybe an 18" cord. Probably because they're for my phone. ;)

My earbuds cord is about 4 feet/125cm long!
That's long! I'll have to look/Google and see what's out there. tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 's wireless suggestion, has me wondering/considering wireless speakers, as well.

...I should post some music.
I should too. ;) And since it's August 7th ...

upload_2019-8-7_21-17-18.png

August 7 - 4:15 - Jon Bon Jovi

This song was written about the 6 year old daughter of Bon Jovi's manager, who died under suspicious circumstances on August 7, 1996 while walking home from the mailbox, something she did all the time. :( More at Wiki: August 7, 4:15 - Wikipedia

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... that's a thought. :)

Desktop. And the the earbuds that come with my phone, only have maybe an 18" cord. Probably because they're for my phone. ;)

That's long! I'll have to look/Google and see what's out there. tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 's wireless suggestion, has me wondering/considering wireless speakers, as well.

I should too. ;) And since it's August 7th ...

View attachment 295438

August 7 - 4:15 - Jon Bon Jovi

This song was written about the 6 year old daughter of Bon Jovi's manager, who died under suspicious circumstances on August 7, 1996 while walking home from the mailbox, something she did all the time. :( More at Wiki: August 7, 4:15 - Wikipedia
I was thinking wireless earbuds, since they are so prevalent.
Never listened to Bon Jovi since it's not my kind of music, but that's really tragic about the little girl!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Never listened to Bon Jovi since it's not my kind of music, but that's really tragic about the little girl!
I know, so tragic. It really affected Jon, as he was close to his manager and family. There was even a segment on Unsolved Mysteries, but I don't think they ever found out what happened. The Mysterious Death of Katherine Korzilius - Unsolved Mysteries

Hmmm... great price. Unfortunately, here in Canada they're $130.46. :eek2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, so tragic. It really affected Jon, as he was close to his manager and family. There was even a segment on Unsolved Mysteries, but I don't think they ever found out what happened. The Mysterious Death of Katherine Korzilius - Unsolved Mysteries

Hmmm... great price. Unfortunately, here in Canada they're $130.46. :eek2:
That's an insane price difference! I know, the exchange rate and all, but still. :sigh:
Well, with DNA and forensic science becoming more and more exact, they may still find who did that. They are solving a lot of very old cold cases now.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, 18" is nothing! No wonder it's not working for you. I don't remember where I got mine from - I think Target as opposed to going to like a Best Buy or something.

Does anyone remember this novelty song from a few years ago?

What Does the Fox Say? - Ylvis

I haven't updated in a bit - I'm on page 55!

Status
Not open for further replies.