Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I was sorting through my albums to give you a better example of harmonizing. You have to get into folk or folk-rock for that. Try Peter, Paul, and Mary's Leavin' on a Jet Plane, or If I Had a Hammer, or The Mamas and the Papas's California Dreamin', or Twelve Thirty.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Thanks for the Moody Blues fix. I guess that harmonizing is just a fancy term for combining two or more different voices into one pleasing whole, like on Ride My See-Saw, for instance.
Well, I'm off to the eye doctor because I read words too fast and read "combining two or more different voices into one pleasing whole, like when I ride on My See-Saw" and thought "hey, he gets it!" then "..oh." :crazy:

I drive my wife nuts sometimes whenever we have a CD or some music on anything that's rewind-ably because I will be going along, minding my own beexwax and then dart over and hit rewind, then listen, rewind again, listen. She gets annoyed ("What ARE you doing?") and I'm always listening for middle-of-the-song key changes.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm off to the eye doctor because I read words too fast and read "combining two or more different voices into one pleasing whole, like when I ride on My See-Saw" and thought "hey, he gets it!" then "..oh." :crazy:

I drive my wife nuts sometimes whenever we have a CD or some music on anything that's rewind-ably because I will be going along, minding my own beexwax and then dart over and hit rewind, then listen, rewind again, listen. She gets annoyed ("What ARE you doing?") and I'm always listening for middle-of-the-song key changes.
CDs? I still have 8-track tapes.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
great music folks!

Here's a great song about the working folks putting in a 40 hour work week

I just love how the Judds sound so good together. Wish they kept making music.
Why Not me?

There was one lady who was only around in the country world for a short while. K.T. Oslin. In fact my dad took us to see her at the hampton ball room. My mother was having a cigerette before the show started. It was in back by the staircase in the back. I remember this fancy bus parked at the base of the stairs. Never thought it was her...soon she came out and walked up the stairs. I was 12? 13? 14?

Well I gushed that I had all her CDs and knew all the words to all her songs. She just smiled and said thank you. My mom came over and said thank you for some great music! I don't remember if we hugged or shook hands..there was something but I can't remember. I was just so floored that I got to talk to a real country singer..so yeah it's been years since I listened to her stuff. I think you will be pleasantly suprised. She's got a great voice!

The next song was my mother's favorite,
Ronnie Milsap lost in the 50s. The video has some great classic cars too!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --What are toe socks?...Beautiful Luke Bryan song! I agree with Shane, perfect song at the exact right time. Thank you pal. :)

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Oh, I really like both those songs! I'll have to look up more Canadian bands instead of just solo singers. :thumbsup:

foxxycat foxxycat --Great mix of songs! Thank you.

N NY cat man --Here's your Mamas and Papas harmonizing below: :)

California Dreamin'

Monday, Monday

Twelve Thirty

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --What are toe socks?...Beautiful Luke Bryan song! I agree with Shane, perfect song at the exact right time. Thank you pal. :)

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Oh, I really like both those songs! I'll have to look up more Canadian bands instead of just solo singers. :thumbsup:

foxxycat foxxycat --Great mix of songs! Thank you.

N NY cat man --Here's your Mamas and Papas harmonizing below: :)

California Dreamin'

Monday, Monday

Twelve Thirty
The Mama's and the Papa's makes me kind of melt. Good stuff, my friend, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.