Theodore has taken a turn for the worst, advice please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@robinathome and @zoneout I'm sorry you are both struggling with the loss of your kitties. I still struggle with the loss of my Maximus who past away just a little over a year ago after a freak accident.

Theodore is doing so marvellously well now. I've said it before but so many times we held our breath and didn't think we'd make it but he's doing so well now.

I have a few more pics of him to share!

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am surprised in a way that I am still grieving 6 months later.   It feels like a certain emptiness or loneliness in my soul.   I surely thought the pain would have subsided by now.   It has gotten better but there are times it still overwhelms me.   

Please post the updated pix of Theo when you get a chance.   His story puts a smile on my heart.

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6 months is still a short mount of time. Actually, grieving whether its for a person or an animal, has no set time for anyone. It might take you years for you, or it might never go away. I still grieve every now and then for Kipper who was my 11 year old corgi x who passed suddenly 4 years ago. It especially hurts when I come across corgi pics on facebook or whatever and then the pain strikes. But it does go away. I stlll grieve for maximus who I accidently ran over in my own car. That took a long time to stop having flash backs and panic attacks each time I back my car out of the drive way. The only thing positive that came from that was we built a cat run in our yard so that would never even be a possibility to happen again.

I've been really busy with work, so new pics will be coming soon!

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Theodore went completely crazy and i HAD to take photos! I just realised now just how much he looks like he's high on catnip. I say he's just high on living life to the fullest!

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!  That silver ruff is absolutely stunning.   What a face!   

There is something about cats with black skin that makes them look so special to me.

Definitely some werewolf blood in him.   Beware the full moon!

common sense

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg I had a cat, DustBuster, (he passed last year at 22 years old) that looked EXACTLY like that. It's like you took pictures of my boy there. A gray lion w/ a silver mane. Too bad feline supermodels isn't a real thing - your boy would easily make tons of $$ to pay the vet bills.

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@zoneout, he never had that ruff before he got sick, I don't know if it's developed because he's now 2 years old or what. He seems to be changing to a lighter grey where before he was a dirty grey colour.

@Common sense Haha, he'd never sit still long enough for the camera!

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know, I think he might have some Weegie in him. In profile his nose is quite straight which is a forest cat trait along with the long fur.

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to own his mum, who now lives a very happy life with my sister in law where there are no kids and other animals at all. She is a pure silver grey girl and she gave birth to 2 black girls and 3 grey boys and theodore was the only one with long hair. No idea who the dad is though.

Here's some pics of them when they were first born

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep! We also kept the darker of the two black girls too, but sadly she was run over also when they were around 6 months old :( Needless to say we lost 2 cats in 5 weeks and we made sure that it would never ever happen again. She was a real little sweetie and she claimed me as her own :(

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep! We also kept the darker of the two black girls too, but sadly she was run over also when they were around 6 months old :( Needless to say we lost 2 cats in 5 weeks and we made sure that it would never ever happen again. She was a real little sweetie and she claimed me as her own :(
I'm sorry about Theodore's sister. 

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some more photos of Theodore and his mumma!  The photos of mum were taken last week at my sister in laws house. Theodore is doing so well now. We just love him to bits and as you can see he's a little bit spoiled lol.

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mum is also spoiled. She's overweight! She gets treats all the time and my sister in law says she loves her to bits and we are never going to get her back lol. The reason we don't have mum now is because she isn't good with kids and other animals and lots of noises and people coming and going. She definitely knew who I was because she squeaked at me  and headbutted me lol. She is a happy cat and definitely happier than what she was here with us.

sherrymyra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is such good news to hear after all you have gone through to get him to this point.  Awesome