The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid raccoons ran off with 2 of my cat's food bowls. Empty bowls. Grrr. I forgot and left the old ones outside last night fixing the cams because of neighbor hammering and this. Now I have to get some bowls tomorrow as bad weather today. Glad I have 3 regular ones but I switch out each day which I couldn't do today.

Crying horribly over a situation that arose about Cooper. Feral Society is trying to cite me for Not contacting Rescue on him although I don't know where he goes and my stupid neighbors refuse to help me on Next Door. Now Cooper slinks in middle of night like he was born a feral cat and completely aggressive. I honestly thought that he was someone's pet that they let out at certain times as he would show up at 10am on the dot during the day etc. I can't believe I live in such a horrible city. Where were these people when 100 cats were breeding? :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't find those bowls. I was outside in pouring down rain looking for 2 food bowls these raccoons took off with. What a mess this is considering I can't leave my Mom so I had to have the app open to hear her

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't find those bowls. I was outside in pouring down rain looking for 2 food bowls these raccoons took off with. What a mess this is considering I can't leave my Mom so I had to have the app open to hear her
My brother gets so mad because his raccoons are always stealing things off his deck. Sometimes he finds them and sometimes he can't. He feeds the animals like I did.

You really have your hands full with careing for your mother, the cats and the raccoons all by yourself. I hope things get better for you.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother gets so mad because his raccoons are always stealing things off his deck. Sometimes he finds them and sometimes he can't. He feeds the animals like I did.

You really have your hands full with careing for your mother, the cats and the raccoons all by yourself. I hope things get better for you.
I don't mind the raccoons that much and this is the first time they actually stole something but still, how do they run off through a 1/4 acre backyard carrying bowls with them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m pretty sure a squirrel took off with the little clay saucer I put their food in so a raccoon could easily! They are known for opening things. DS loved raccoons and has since he was a baby. Maybe someday he’ll get to work with the real thing!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still hurting. Still can't get the clog out. But, I'm feeling less sick and I don't have a fever. So the antibiotics are helping with that, at least. Someone suggested filing my haakaa halfway with warm water and Epsom salts and attaching it for 10-15 minutes and repeating until it's cleared. John's headed to get me the salts.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m pretty sure a squirrel took off with the little clay saucer I put their food in so a raccoon could easily! They are known for opening things. DS loved raccoons and has since he was a baby. Maybe someday he’ll get to work with the real thing!
Right but I can't leave Mom, weather is horrendous and I need bowls. I can't just pour the food on the bricks or concrete although I guess it's better then not feeding them at all but the rain. What a horrible situation :(

Update: Found the bowls. How amazing, the raccoons took the bowls, brought them inside, washed them and placed under the sink. I really wonder about whether I'm going into dementia to be honest as I have no recollection of doing this. Poor raccons, here I was blaming them

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline will not go into the shelter at all. She does not like fish, chicken or catnip so I have no idea what to do about her. No one in my neighborhood helps or gives advice and we're getting below zero this weekend. Remember please Tourmaline is a dumped pet friendly only to me and this is her first winter. I'm in tears. I hope I can get some advice in here as I have nowhere else to turn :(

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might once it's cold enough. Cats have incredible self-preservation skills.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She might once it's cold enough. Cats have incredible self-preservation skills.
I thought as a backup I'd grab some straw from one of the shelters and put in the tent and then place a chair and drape a shower curtain over the chair and down, across as a canopy to the back of the tent over the other shower curtain. She likes it wide open so this way maybe she would still feel like she has room Or I was thinking of the 2 worst nights to move one of my coffee tables outside and do something similar with draping over the table on the one side to block any wind, hold down with bricks and so on. I did that last year for Treasure when it got cold but his injury kept him from going fulling into the tent or the shelter.

This is what I have. I put the shelter next to her favorite sleeping tent so she'd get used to at least seeing it. Got the shelter from my feral society. Was going to drape from behind the tent to across that area you see and over a chair but maybe a coffee table in front instead. Yes I'd have to move for a moment to get by but it's only a day or two. What do you think? I do have two other shelters that Treasure has not laid claim to yet. I hope to hear soon on this please. Ty.

1612478640156.png

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three shelters out MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf . One is just my outdoor fireplace, which I lined with reflective insulation and straw bedding. It’s on The porch but the opening is wide open. The second is a square coffee table with straw that I enclosed by stapling reflective insulation around the sides and cutting a fairly large door. The last is a tote with insulation and the smallest opening of the three. The usage is 1) fireplace, 2) table and 3) tote. I am thinking that while it may not be as warm cats prefer to be able to see what is going on around them.

slightly off topic, but I just received and added the spotlight to my Wyze V3 cam. It’s great and now I will have better views of the cats at night.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three shelters out MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf . One is just my outdoor fireplace, which I lined with reflective insulation and straw bedding. It’s on The porch but the opening is wide open. The second is a square coffee table with straw that I enclosed by stapling reflective insulation around the sides and cutting a fairly large door. The last is a tote with insulation and the smallest opening of the three. The usage is 1) fireplace, 2) table and 3) tote. I am thinking that while it may not be as warm cats prefer to be able to see what is going on around them.

slightly off topic, but I just received and added the spotlight to my Wyze V3 cam. It’s great and now I will have better views of the cats at night.
That's great to hear. I just purchased 2 more V3s and 3 spotlights for each one.

Wish I had better mobility to do what you did so I make the best of what I can with what I have. Yea I have no way of making it where she can see and not freeze to death though, which is where my problem lies.

Well she took off. I'm so sad. I hope she didn't take off forever like Shaman did. I always mess things up
:(

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20210204_194239.jpg
20210204_194213.jpg
Not much to look at, is it, but this once was home. My parents bought this house after they sold our farm, and the 8 of us lived here until we grew up and left, and then my parents passed, and it was sold to another person. It was built some time in the early 1800s, of vertically arranged planks, which is probably why it didn't burn completely, although it will most likely be torn down now. Just another tie to the past gone. At least no one was hurt in yesterday's fire.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even go outside now because Mom has the alarm set. Oh no something spooked the cats and they all ran off different directions. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes staring at a screen and seeing nothing. This is just horrible :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.