The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a really rough week already. Went grocery shopping yesterday and decided to treat myself to a bottle of wine. Slipped on ice coming in, went down hard, and shattered the bottle. Tragedy. Woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my left baby feeder. Started shaking and chilling. Couldn't get back to sleep because it hurt so bad.

Today, we had workers come in to put in a new furnace, AC, and water heater. Sounds great in theory, but today was not the day. I already had a migraine from lack of sleep. Add in all the hammering and drilling. We had no heat from 8am to 3:30pm and it was 20 degrees. So we were freezing. Couldn't go anywhere because of covid.

Got a doctor's appointment for 2pm. It's mastitis. Yay. Got home and they were finishing up and turned the heater on for thy first time. Of course it stunk and smoked, as a heater does the first time it's used. Smoke detectors were going insane. Really didn't help my migraine. Ali laughed at the noise, Aedan hated it. Finally got to lie down, but the migraine stayed. And the soreness and stiffness set in.. My allergies are really bad - probably from the dust stirred up by the work and the smoke from the new furnace. So I just feel like crap. Fever keeps coming and going. So I'm chilling, then overheating, and back again. I have antibiotics. Hopefully I'll start to feel better soon. Murphy walked on me and I screamed, then had tears streaming down my face from the pain.

In addition, last night while I was shopping, I called my grandma to see if she needed anything. Her phone was disconnected. I kinda panicked, John called in a wellness check, and I went by there as soon as I finished. She was fine, but she was sure she'd paid the bill. I took her some groceries - basic necessities since I didn't know of anything specific she needed. She had moldy, rotten food and meat in her fridge. I about threw up. Cleaned out her fridge. She said she just hadn't done it because she didn't want to brave the ice. Makes sense, but I also worry. She's almost 90 and sometimes people start suffering from mental decline. I've been trying to stay away as much as possible because of covid, but now I think it might be more of a risk to not check on her regularly.

Called the phone company this morning and her bill was past due. I paid it. My sister told my mother, who went over to look through her checkbook. She had forgotten to pay it, which absolutely isn't like her. I've never known her to miss paying a bill. I'm gonna need to keep a close eye on her. If it gets to the point where she can't live alone, I'm going to want to find a bigger place and have her live with us.

So, anyway, all this is 2 days into the week. I want a new week. Can I take this one back to Walmart and exchange it? They take anything back.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noodles always sat to the side of me like that at the kitchen table where we do our schoolwork. I miss that so much! Its really such a stress reliever to have them nearby! :catlove:

Last Friday was one year since she crossed The Bridge.:rbheart: Sometimes I still can’t believe shes gone.
When I flipped the calendar to February, I realized that the 10th will mark the one year anniversary of our boy Comrade.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t sleep. I have a lot on my mind and I’m hoping that tomorrow I will be able to get what I want to done and have a good day. I’m sick of the daily monotony of life these days, and I want a change. Like other people on this thread, I’m missing my kitty, Bella, who crossed the bridge about a year and a half ago. Trying to stay positive.
I’m also grateful for everyone on TCS... this is such a positive and supportive community and I’m so glad to have found it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got up a little early for me today but I think I’m going to go get under the covers for a few more minutes. :rolleyes2:

I had planned to get up a few hours early and listen in on DH’s doctor appointment since it was supposed to be virtual via my laptop. I stumbled out of bed almost an hour after it was supposed to begin and over an hour after he logged in 15 minutes early as instructed and he was still waiting on the doctor. :hmmm: He had the laptop balanced on my dressing room counter while he finished getting ready for work. He had to leave so he gave up. Hes not pleased with them right now. The point of such an early appointment is to not be waiting and miss work because any appointment later than 9 basically requires him to take a whole day off. Its not the first time this has happened either. At least it was only a virtual waste of his time so he could make his lunch and finish breakfast while waiting.:rolleyes3:

I’m just glad I didn’t get up as early as I planned! I had set an alarm but I fell back to sleep. I kept waking up dreaming I was in the book I was reading last night. And then DH told me the coffee maker was overflowing this morning; so I need to clean the needle part before I can have some myself. I think laying here for 20 minutes before I tackle reality is a good idea. Lets see how long before the doctors office contacts DH.:rolleyes3:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 368766
LOL, please ignore the overflowing waste basket! See? All I have to do is reach out and touch someone! I thought about rearranging all of the furniture, but was told that there would be riots and pillaging!

Agree with muffy muffy , very cozy looking! Love how the daybed is an actual bed kitty uses. At first I imagine a pet bed sitting somewhere, so this is different than expected. My Isabelle loves couches and beds, too, and would love this set up! Having such a nice space right next to you for kitty seems like it would also help keep kitty off the laptop/in front of the monitor! <3

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a local job with wildlife sampling I was interested in and noticed about 5 days ago. I went to apply but noticed the submit application date was mid Jan.... The job was low pay for my skill set and education, so I'm taking this as a sign I should remember not to settle no matter how excited I am about the work and working a stable, outside job again. Not that I would have felt comfortable accepting it, but figured I can't work a job unless I get a job offer and figured it wouldn't hurt applying and practicing interview skills even if I ended up not feeling ready to accept if offered. Plus, considering the risk of being around others and losing my current health insurance if I did the job, it feels like the universe is telling me it is not worth it right now. Just keep focusing on you and not settle for an opportunity when there are better fits out there for me.

But not going to lie. I was pretty bummed. It included small mammal trapping, along with many other wildlife sampling techniques, etc. My heart was so excited thinking of doing field work and research again!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Lari said. I never felt a clogged duct and Ali nurses well on both sides, so it was pretty unexpected. I had it once with Aedan, too.
I'm surprised! I'm positive I had a clogged duct last week and I was in so much pain, and then all of a sudden in the middle of the night feed I must have had enough milk backlogged to push it out and it was better after that. But I guess there must be painless clogs too.

Every year since 2004, I've had crêpes on February 2. Due to blizzards in the past, I haven't always been able to go where I prefer, La Crêperie (one year we made crêpes when I was still living at home, and one year I got them from a nearby Baker's Square). This year I did pickup from a local brunch place, and shoveled them in my mouth when my husband was changing J, because lately she seems to be against the idea of me eating.

Restaurants have opened at 25% capacity here. Two women were leaving and walked by me while I was at the cash register and I found myself holding my breath. I miss the days when I didn't assume everyone had the plague and I felt comfortable with indoor dining (though to be fair, it's probably not the best idea with a one month old who always wants to eat, regardless of the pandemic). I hope I don't end up with covid just because of a tradition. I wish this would go away.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had painful clogs before, but when I had mastitis with Aedan, I didn't feel the clog that time, either. I wonder if the lack of pain is why I ended up with the infection both times. Since I wasn't aware of the clog, I couldn't take any steps to clear it out. With the clogs that I feel, I encourage baby to nurse more on that side and pump a bit.

Both bouts just came out of nowhere. I was totally fine, then sudden unbearable pain. The first time I had it, I didn't get bad enough to have a fever. This time, when I woke up in pain, I was chilling and shivering so I'm sure I was feverish then and the fever has been coming and going.

If not for covid, I wouldn't have had any kind of issue taking Ali out in public. I'm not uncomfortable nursing anywhere. I nursed Aedan in public all the time. It's natural and if people are offended, that's a "them" problem, not a "me" problem. But I can totally understand not wanting to because rude people exist.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had painful clogs before, but when I had mastitis with Aedan, I didn't feel the clog that time, either. I wonder if the lack of pain is why I ended up with the infection both times. Since I wasn't aware of the clog, I couldn't take any steps to clear it out. With the clogs that I feel, I encourage baby to nurse more on that side and pump a bit.

Both bouts just came out of nowhere. I was totally fine, then sudden unbearable pain. The first time I had it, I didn't get bad enough to have a fever. This time, when I woke up in pain, I was chilling and shivering so I'm sure I was feverish then and the fever has been coming and going.

If not for covid, I wouldn't have had any kind of issue taking Ali out in public. I'm not uncomfortable nursing anywhere. I nursed Aedan in public all the time. It's natural and if people are offended, that's a "them" problem, not a "me" problem. But I can totally understand not wanting to because rude people exist.
I was trying everything! She was nursing but getting frustrated because nothing was coming out. I put on the haakaa and a heating pad and finally I just took an ibuprofen and went to sleep and tried again feeding her in the middle of the night and everything came out.

It does make sense that a non painful clog would be more likely to get infected, though.

I actually don't think I'd have a problem nursing in public (my husband is the one who cares about our shades being closed) if it was just like once during dinner. Knowing me, she'd do her clusterfeeding thing though and I'd spend the entire dinner feeding her and eating one handed, which is what it feels like I'm doing at home. If I were to go out, I'd like to be able to eat normally for at least some of dinner, lol. I'm hoping as she gets a bit older she'll be more on a schedule and it won't be so constant sometimes.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf aww im so sorry about that ... why did she leave ?
She left for a day. She had a huge huge fight with Treasure. Fur flying fight. Both had superficial scratches and all that I cleaned up for them. They both kind of give each other the wide birth (sp?) when in same area. Not sure what that was about because for awhile the two tolerated each other and halfway got along I still think intruder smell is in the area which been too cold and icy for me to get the smell out and therefore redirected aggression. Or it could just be his energy is so high that she needed to get away. Same as with Shaman. All he wanted to do was play. All she wanted to do was lay around and chill and finally so she could get some peace and quiet, Shaman left. 10 months now and no one has seen her. :(

Anyway ordering straw from Amazon so I can change it out from my shelter so intruder smell is gone. Cold today but tomorrow will be warmer.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
She left for a day. She had a huge huge fight with Treasure. Fur flying fight. Both had superficial scratches and all that I cleaned up for them. They both kind of give each other the wide birth (sp?) when in same area. Not sure what that was about because for awhile the two tolerated each other and halfway got along I still think intruder smell is in the area which been too cold and icy for me to get the smell out and therefore redirected aggression. Or it could just be his energy is so high that she needed to get away. Same as with Shaman. All he wanted to do was play. All she wanted to do was lay around and chill and finally so she could get some peace and quiet, Shaman left. 10 months now and no one has seen her. :(

Anyway ordering straw from Amazon so I can change it out from my shelter so intruder smell is gone. Cold today but tomorrow will be warmer.
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - i hope that things are ok with you today ? im sorry that the cats are acting odd hopefully they will be ok ?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying everything! She was nursing but getting frustrated because nothing was coming out. I put on the haakaa and a heating pad and finally I just took an ibuprofen and went to sleep and tried again feeding her in the middle of the night and everything came out.

It does make sense that a non painful clog would be more likely to get infected, though.

I actually don't think I'd have a problem nursing in public (my husband is the one who cares about our shades being closed) if it was just like once during dinner. Knowing me, she'd do her clusterfeeding thing though and I'd spend the entire dinner feeding her and eating one handed, which is what it feels like I'm doing at home. If I were to go out, I'd like to be able to eat normally for at least some of dinner, lol. I'm hoping as she gets a bit older she'll be more on a schedule and it won't be so constant sometimes.

Once when Aedan was maybe 2 months old, we went to new place for dinner. They weren't busy and we just ordered burgers so we figured our for would come out quickly. Nope. It took over an hour. Aedan slept the whole time. We get our food, I take one bite, and Aedan wakes up. And once again, I'm trying to nurse while eating. And the chairs were not very comfortable and I didn't have my Boppy.

We haven't been back since. Lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - i hope that things are ok with you today ? im sorry that the cats are acting odd hopefully they will be ok ?
I'm wondering if it still is connected with the intruder last week. It's not warm enough for me to get his scent off and the cats are avoiding the areas that he touched. You would have thought being outside and cold that the area would have aired out.

Anyway getting 3 shelters from the feral society filled with straw and extra straw. Now to keep Treasure from claiming these 3 shelters to himself as he thinks he owns all the houses on the street, everyone's cars and so on lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once when Aedan was maybe 2 months old, we went to new place for dinner. They weren't busy and we just ordered burgers so we figured our for would come out quickly. Nope. It took over an hour. Aedan slept the whole time. We get our food, I take one bite, and Aedan wakes up. And once again, I'm trying to nurse while eating. And the chairs were not very comfortable and I didn't have my Boppy.

We haven't been back since. Lol
I don't think people understand how difficult it can be to do normal things like eat out when you have a baby recently. My kids never napped in public after about 5/6 months of age so going out had to be timed well. I often avoided it. It's no fun if you just end up trying to console a baby who just wants their bed! Or to entertain one whose had enough of sitting. It's suppose to be a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.