The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Learning about investing. I may invest in Nestle Purina as these cats here eat enough to keep stock up. I also have stock in other companies and in 3 weeks earned $3.00. I don't understand all the jargon but with the things are I may need to rely on these stocks at some point. Plus it showed up on my credit report which is now giving it a 2 point boost per month. Who knew?

And I just won $5 on a bingo. A charity that I decided to donate winnings to feral society that funded Tourmaline's care while he was almost dead and in ER. And they're still funding at the moment for his checkups and bloodwork to monitor his progress. I want to do something right this time instead of always messing things up.

Just got a phone call from the vet. Treasure is ok although a very scared cat and has a cut on his leg. He's coming back today now that things are quieted down (fireworks wise). I set up a nice place for him to lay down and rest as the vet said he isn't feeling like running around right now. Sopdet will be here with him and she's a good nurse. I did take the opportunity to arrange the bricks under the steps in a way that Mom wouldn't see but the cats could run in and take shelter from weather and/or annoying noises and yet they can still look out into the yard and Mom will never know or see. I've been working on that since Tourmaline was rushed to ER while Mom was taking her naps. I don't know why she has to always be such a pill about it but that's the way it is and I suppose I just have to deal with it. I am setting up a cat area behind the garage. I found a Livable Tent at Home Depot and all the shelters, cat tree will go inside with straw and bales of straw for added protection. My friend found a buffet table that she is sectioning for me in 3 pieces to elevate the shelters in the event that we get deep snow. So these are my projects, while I'm not playing Skillz games or investing.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the heck is wrong with SSA. Every month they send me snail mail that they will not send me another check. Something is wrong with them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the heck is wrong with SSA. Every month they send me snail mail that they will not send me another check. Something is wrong with them.
Are they talking about it going to direct deposit? Trust me, a LOT of people scream about "not getting their check" when it's sitting right there in their bank account. So I suppose they have to tell people about it. . .a lot.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe they can do that with my frames too. I was told that even if your prescription doesn't change much; it's good to get new lenses every few years because the coatings wear off. We got DS Transitions lenses last year and he loves them. He was always so squinty outside. Especially when we'd go kayaking. They really help him a lot. But at the same time I'm not super excited to be paying for new glasses every year. Our insurance does cover up to a certain amount at least. And it's not like I'm going to NOT get what he needs. But still. :crazy:

I just Ok'd a quote from a tree company to have our big tree that was damaged in last week's storm thinned out. He said the damage is the kind you see when it doesn't get thinned often enough. It's been 12 years since we had it thinned. We were going to last year but a tornado kept the tree companies way too busy and then we were waiting for this fall to see if the septic installation was going to stress the tree. He said the tree looks fine; we'd see it by now. So I'm glad it's going to get done.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh man, so Lenscrafters had talked me into getting new lenses for my glasses because it's been like eight years (I only wear them at night, so it hasn't been a priority), and they came in today and it feels so strong and like I have a headache. Idk how that works since they should be the same as the contacts now, but it's definitely intense right now.
They may be the same as your contacts, but you focus very differently with glasses. AND your peripheral vision is totally screwy with glasses. It was the hardest thing for me to adjust to when my doctor would no longer prescribe contacts due to over-wear. And yes, it did cause headaches at first. You should adjust within a few days.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They may be the same as your contacts, but you focus very differently with glasses. AND your peripheral vision is totally screwy with glasses. It was the hardest thing for me to adjust to when my doctor would no longer prescribe contacts due to over-wear. And yes, it did cause headaches at first. You should adjust within a few days.
One of the reasons I vastly prefer wearing contacts to glasses is the peripheral vision issue. Also, they don't get foggy and sweaty and run down your nose. And it's easier to wear sunglasses.

My husband has good vision, so I'm hoping J inherits it. Glasses and contacts are expensive!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought one of these for Mocha thinking she’d love it. Paid $49 for it. I’ll let you guess what happened…or rather, what didn’t happen. :lol: I donated it to the local cat rescue. She does like the $17 ones, though. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought one of these for Mocha thinking she’d love it. Paid $49 for it. I’ll let you guess what happened…or rather, what didn’t happen. :lol: I donated it to the local cat rescue. She does like the $17 ones, though. :)
Yeah, they tend to use the cheaper ones more, but I didn't pay for it and it does get used occasionally.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol how funny that your cats name is mocha, that’s what’s on my cats vet records but we call her bubbles 🥰💞

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Work is starting to take it's toll on me mentally. A warehouse isn't a healthy environment. Things are so disorderly and I keep getting yelled at and belittled - treated like I'm incompetent. I feel like calling in tomorrow.
I’m sorry that’s happening to you call off if you think you need to regroup and recharge

Status
Not open for further replies.