The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele just showed me a taxt and photo that her sister sent. It seems that when she went outside that there was a strong skunk smell. She looked around and saw a sick-acting skunk only a few feet away. She called the county sheriff and a deputy came and dispatched it. There have been 3 confirmed cases of rabies in this area in the last couple of weeks, so far all in raccoons, but skunks are known carriers as well. Just one more reason for keeping your cats, as well as other pets, indoors.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We went to Costco this morning. About a quarter of the shoppers weren’t wearing masks. It made me uneasy and probably will for some time, even though my husband and I have been vaccinated. We wore ours.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Costco this morning. About a quarter of the shoppers weren’t wearing masks. It made me uneasy and probably will for some time, even though my husband and I have been vaccinated. We wore ours.
I have started to see signs posted at store entrances that say masks are optional for vaccinated people, while others still have a must-mask policy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My child is a little silly. She had vaccines yesterday and got through them well with only a little fuss. Today I used her hand to help me turn on a light switch and she found it very upsetting. She needed lots of cuddles and nursing to get over the trauma, poor baby.

God, I love her so much. It's probably bad that I laughed a bit.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My child is a little silly. She had vaccines yesterday and got through them well with only a little fuss. Today I used her hand to help me turn on a light switch and she found it very upsetting. She needed lots of cuddles and nursing to get over the trauma, poor baby.

God, I love her so much. It's probably bad that I laughed a bit.
Every problem is big when you're little, lol. I love looking up parents' stories about why their kid had a meltdown. "We got a new microwave" "she couldn't fly away with the pigeons" "the dog looked at him" etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we’re going to have to ease back into things. No need to rush right?
Every problem is big when you're little, lol. I love looking up parents' stories about why their kid had a meltdown. "We got a new microwave" "she couldn't fly away with the pigeons" "the dog looked at him" etc.
DD once complained she couldn’t see the air. :rolleyes2:

There was also a really distressing moment where she couldn’t get 2 shoes on the same foot.

I think if you don’t keep a sense of humor about parenting it’ll be much harder to stay sane. My favorite commercial is the one where the kid starts throwing a tantrum because mom said no to chips. So the mom throws her purse down and starts kicking and flailing and the kid is just completely dumbfounded.:lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele just showed me a taxt and photo that her sister sent. It seems that when she went outside that there was a strong skunk smell. She looked around and saw a sick-acting skunk only a few feet away. She called the county sheriff and a deputy came and dispatched it. There have been 3 confirmed cases of rabies in this area in the last couple of weeks, so far all in raccoons, but skunks are known carriers as well. Just one more reason for keeping your cats, as well as other pets, indoors.
Went to leave for work the other day and found this on my husband's car. Little paw prints are so cute!!
20210521_033738.jpg
20210521_033848.jpg
20210521_033838.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the nachos entry, ha!!
I alternate every week between nachos and tacos. Either on Tuesdays or Thursdays during each month. May just happened to be Thursdays but June will be on Tuesdays. (I meal plan for the entire month). My husband is obsessed with Mexican food and sometimes I like to spice things up and make quesadillas or tostadas.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not just children: Humans in general don’t like change. It’s probably why so many of us like this other species that doesn’t like change. What are they called? Oh, yes. Cats. :lol:
My cats could care less about change. I guess because things were always changing in the house since they got here. Different foods, different beds, different litter box placements. Never fazed them at all.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, I want to thank EVERY ONE OF YOU who expressed concern for me these last few weeks. What I had was what I call a "good" stroke. I do NOT have paralysis. I do NOT have facial dragging, I do NOT have cognition issues. What I DO have is shot balance and co-ordination, and my concentration is just...minimal, so I'll be sticking to social stuff for another couple of weeks. I should get 95% recovery over the next 2-4 weeks. This is good stuff. AND I can function in my world with minimal help. I even cleaned Hek's box by myself last night. Poor old bunny was just desperate! You all know what it meant to me to know I can actually care for my cat pretty much on my own!

LOL, my favorite was potty-training Drew.
ME: And now we flush the potty!
DREW: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! MINE!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:(graycie is breaking my heart this morning not understanding why she has to fast before her nail trim at the vets(has to be sedated).all her lil meows and staring at me slow blinking.
First, I want to thank EVERY ONE OF YOU who expressed concern for me these last few weeks. What I had was what I call a "good" stroke. I do NOT have paralysis. I do NOT have facial dragging, I do NOT have cognition issues. What I DO have is shot balance and co-ordination, and my concentration is just...minimal, so I'll be sticking to social stuff for another couple of weeks. I should get 95% recovery over the next 2-4 weeks. This is good stuff. AND I can function in my world with minimal help. I even cleaned Hek's box by myself last night. Poor old bunny was just desperate! You all know what it meant to me to know I can actually care for my cat pretty much on my own!

LOL, my favorite was potty-training Drew.
ME: And now we flush the potty!
DREW: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! MINE!
glad to hear that news welcome back!

Status
Not open for further replies.