The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes3:noticed my 12 inch non stick frying pan has a dark stain thats not coming off with gentle cleaning time to buy a new one might try out a stain less steel type.:lol:how to keep gf on track shopping for pans and no detours to shop clothes while looking for pans.🙄"help":lol:
I have what is called stone coated frying pan set, a very tough but durable non stick coating that has lasted much much longer than regular Teflon. Best place to pick them up is a discount houseware store or department like Home Goods, Marshall’s or TJ Max’s.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have what is called stone coated frying pan set, a very tough but durable non stick coating that has lasted much much longer than regular Teflon. Best place to pick them up is a discount houseware store or department like Home Goods, Marshall’s or TJ Max’s.
:lol:marshalls and t j max are the stores i am trying to avoid going into.:flail:the stone coated one i have /use for cooking steaks i need one for frying potatoes,sausages etc

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@maggiedemi we just had a lengthy discussion of how he wants to be disposed of when he dies :crackup:
LOL, I just had that discussion with my son, for obvious reasons. I have convinced him that I REALLY want to be given a pauper's burial by the county. I don't care, I'm done with that body entirely, but I do want organs harvested. After that, it does not matter. My friends may have a memorial service/party without remains to weep and moan over. How barbaric! I am going to buy a cheap, pretty urn to have on hand, in case either boy wants the ashes, but I am SO not attached to the idea of one of them hauling mom around forever.

I has a red warning cat once as well artiemom artiemom . They blindfolded and muzzled her as soon as she got there which greatly helped. She was a terror at the vet and pretty much so at home as well. It was not her name but we called her B.A. which stood for Bad Attitude.
Telling my age here, but did she wear lots of gold chains and travel with the A Team?

Hek has her own team at her vet's office. Team H is always in place when she goes. She does not try to hurt anyone, but she struggles a LOT, and is VERY strong. Hurts them trying to get away.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just had a nagging feeling something wasn't right.
I hope Abby is okay. It's hard when you can't point to one thing. You just know something's going on.
It was in BOLD RED letters, at the beginning of his chart:
Lily's chart has "Fractious" at the top! :lol:
I am going to buy a cheap, pretty urn to have on hand, in case either boy wants the ashes, but I am SO not attached to the idea of one of them hauling mom around forever.
Many years ago I was visiting a friend whose father had just passed away. As I was putting my suitcase in the guest room, she pointed to a small ceramic vase/urn with a plug that was sitting on the chest of drawers and said, "Just ignore that. It's my dad." She's one of four sisters, and they had divided their dad's ashes so each had a small container full of...Dad. Having told me to ignore it, of course I couldn't.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my mom’s cats ashes in a bag in my closet. She wanted the cat cremated but then couldn’t bear to see the ashes so Gabriella has hung out in my closet for years. As far as the whole ashes thing, I say go with a columbarium where you can hang out in a niche in the cemetery instead of on someone‘s mantle. Gives all the family a place to visit if they want to.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my mom’s cats ashes in a bag in my closet. She wanted the cat cremated but then couldn’t bear to see the ashes so Gabriella has hung out in my closet for years. As far as the whole ashes thing, I say go with a columbarium where you can hang out in a niche in the cemetery instead of on someone‘s mantle. Gives all the family a place to visit if they want to.
We have ashes from two cats and one dog on a shelf to our TV stand. I talk to them while I dust their boxes every week. The rest of our pets are buried in our backyard except for our Dalmatian that we didn't bury or cremate. We have one cat and four ferrets in our backyard. We made sure to bury them with their favorite toy so they'd have something to play with.
20210529_143844.jpg

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have what is called stone coated frying pan set, a very tough but durable non stick coating that has lasted much much longer than regular Teflon. Best place to pick them up is a discount houseware store or department like Home Goods, Marshall’s or TJ Max’s
I have a stone one, too. It's amazing. I love it. Somehow, a plastic spoon got melted on it. I heated it just a bit and got the plastic off and it was as good as new.
What brands do you recommend? I found this online: Best Stone Frying Pans In 2021 [Buying Guide] – Gear Hungry and I found some of the items in the "Con" column to be alarming, especially the complaint that kept showing up saying that the stone surface began pealing off after a few weeks of use.

Margret

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles’ ashes are in a curio cabinet my Grandpa made. I’ve got her collars and a few special memorial things. Everyone has different ideas. My cousin and his uncles got some kind of wearable urn to keep my uncle with them. I think some of the spun glass things are nice; but i can’t see doing it with a person family member. Maybe a pet. I’ve never opened Noodles’ box. I chose cremation because I want to be able to take her with us if we ever move.

Mooch bit the vet once. I was shocked. She blamed herself for not holding her right. I don’t know if they marked her chart but they always use a towel anyway. She’s very different at home!

Alicia88 Alicia88 Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl! I can’t believe she’s a year!!:hearthrob:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What brands do you recommend? I found this online: Best Stone Frying Pans In 2021 [Buying Guide] – Gear Hungry and I found some of the items in the "Con" column to be alarming, especially the complaint that kept showing up saying that the stone surface began pealing off after a few weeks of use.

Margret
Two of mine are KW and one is Mopita. I was concerned with the KW ones about peeling as well because the outside edge peeled right away but that was six or seven years ago and these two get used a couple times a week at least, with no inside peeling or scratching. The Mopita is my large pan and doesn’t get used as much. No peeling anywhere on it,

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's the start of Memorial Day weekend here in the States, I thought that I would include this. Michele and me took a trip to Cuba- no, not that one, but rather the small town in southern Allegany County. There is a guy who does sand sculptures, and this is one he did forthe the occasion, and to fundraise for veterans.
IMG_1536.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.