The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The idiots all settled down after their 4:30 am breakfast but now we are sleepy šŸ™„. This is why we are punishing them with a puppy in 8 weeks and a baby in 5 months šŸ˜…
Why do you refer to your cats as "idiots"?

What happened to the mamany1953 thread?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My home security camera just caught the Barn Swallows visiting my front porch. :angrywoman: They tried to nest there a few years ago and they can be so aggressive!!

So I just put my big blow-up snake out. Iā€™ve scared a few people with that before. Hopefully thatā€™s enough to discourage them from trying to nest there. Otherwise I have a few more realistic looking snakes from the toy department. I just might have to post a sign for the mail lady!

And of course theres reflective bird tape but Iā€™d rather not go that route if I can avoid it. šŸ¤Ŗ

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I turned 65 years old December 23, 2020. And yes I confirmed with Medicare. I posted a photo on here with no personal information and somehow that got deleted.
I looked online at a few Medicare sites and I think I understand why they say you donā€™t get Part B until July 2022. You first became eligible for Medicare when you turned 65 and you have three months after that date to sign up for Part B. There is also an annual open enrollment for Part B but unfortunately that also ended March 31.I think you likely missed both of these deadlines in which case you have to wait for the next Part B open enrollment period and then your coverage becomes effective July 1, 2022.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked online at a few Medicare sites and I think I understand why they say you donā€™t get Part B until July 2022. You first became eligible for Medicare when you turned 65 and you have three months after that date to sign up for Part B. There is also an annual open enrollment for Part B but unfortunately that also ended March 31.I think you likely missed both of these deadlines in which case you have to wait for the next Part B open enrollment period and then your coverage becomes effective July 1, 2022.
Ah, that does seem to be an issue. It looks like someone can sign up at any time but there may be a late enrollment fee if you don't get it done in time, or that's how I'm understanding it. I don't think they'd make someone wait a whole year for health care coverage, that just seems wrong.
Part A & Part B sign up periods | Medicare

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, that does seem to be an issue. It looks like someone can sign up at any time but there may be a late enrollment fee if you don't get it done in time, or that's how I'm understanding it. I don't think they'd make someone wait a whole year for health care coverage, that just seems wrong.
Part A & Part B sign up periods | Medicare
Reread this. Seven month initial enrollment, three months before you turn 65, month you turn 65 and three months afterwards. Other than that you can sign up during annual open enrollment which Runs Jan-March each year. It may seem wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, you may be right. Why do they make it so complicated? I know my (retired) co-worker had a SSA/Medicare guy come to their house to help them sort things out, maybe that's an option.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling so much better yesterday, almost normal. And I got up this morning feeling worse. Also, last night, my fever went up to almost 39 and won't come down until I took Tylenol but I didn't feel hot immediately. My hypochondria has been really bad too. I was panicking thinking this is all my fault and feeling very worried for my mom. She's been having a really hard time. I feel trapped in my body.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, you may be right. Why do they make it so complicated? I know my (retired) co-worker had a SSA/Medicare guy come to their house to help them sort things out, maybe that's an option.
It is really confusing. I expect the rules and penalties relating signing up for Part B, which covers doctor visits and tests are because they donā€™t want people to wait and not pay those $148 a month premiums until they have medical issues and a need for coverage.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I had to deal with a manipulative family member tonight. They actually demanded a lengthy explanation from us regarding a decision DH and I made for our family. I have no tolerance for that kind of behavior. Its not unexpected from this person; but its still annoying that they try. Weā€™ve learned to set boundaries quickly but they still try. :rolleyes2: :sigh: At least our interactions are limited and we donā€™t live nearby. Sometimes thereā€™s advantages to living far from people! šŸ¤Ŗ At least Iā€™m pretty good at holding my tongue and being polite but firm. šŸ˜‰

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that is so not on. Did you manage to keep your cool?
Yes thankfully. Unfortunately Iā€™ve had practice with them. And DH has gotten much better at it so it wasnā€™t all on me. I was wondering what made them madder; the decision that led to the conversation (attempted conversation) or the fact that we refused to engage in their behavior. :rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good. It takes some audacity to think you have any say in someone else's parenting/family decisions (minus in cases of abuse or neglect, which I'm absolutely sure isn't going on with you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.