The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a copy as I pay monthly for all this stuff, however trying to find out how to contact the people I owe is like getting blood out of a turnip and none of the credit agencies will tell me how to contact these people. I have 30 days and no longer to resolve this situation or I'll be living in cardboard box. And I have been trying for months to do this. This is just horrible.
Experian's site says "A telephone number is also provided with each account when it is available."

But if it isn't, maybe google the name of the company? That's all I can think of.

The "reports" you pay for may not be the real thing. Most of those for-pay companies take advantage of people in debt. Try the free official credit reports and see if they're any different.

This looks useful: How Can I Find Out Which Collection Agency I Owe?

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, if there are recent charges try calling your bank. I think they have phone numbers for ACH transactions. Worth a try anyway.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a copy as I pay monthly for all this stuff, however trying to find out how to contact the people I owe is like getting blood out of a turnip and none of the credit agencies will tell me how to contact these people. I have 30 days and no longer to resolve this situation or I'll be living in cardboard box. And I have been trying for months to do this. This is just horrible.
Recheck your monthly bills for contact numbers or if they are auto debited you will usually see a phone number listed when the debit goes through. If you can’t find them there you should be able to get a number by googling the company.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Needed some time away as I was becomeing overwhelmed. Social Security and Medicare kick in on June 23rd. They just approved today. Also Tourmaline is doing very well although he has mycoplasma so we're hoping that meds take care of it. I did this video of him though that I hope you all enjoy. It's the first part of his journey at my house, before going to be with Sanya. He adores her btw and I will be able to visit with him.

We are glad you are back! A lot of people wishing for your return. I am so happy that Tourmaline is improving! Hoping, and praying he continues to get better! Thanks for the video. He is a beautiful kitty!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Experian's site says "A telephone number is also provided with each account when it is available."

But if it isn't, maybe google the name of the company? That's all I can think of.

The "reports" you pay for may not be the real thing. Most of those for-pay companies take advantage of people in debt. Try the free official credit reports and see if they're any different.

This looks useful: How Can I Find Out Which Collection Agency I Owe?
I paid directly to Experian. You mean they aren't legit? They're one of the reporting agencies. The payment each month is to take advantage of credit monitoring, monthly reports as well as the ability to lock or freeze to avoid fraud.

BTW the bank won't give me the phone numbers of these companies so it's time to look for a carboard box. :(

On the phone now with one of the agencies and they also refuse to tell me how much I need to pay. I do not really understand why these people are so uneducated. Had that in Collections at Laclede Gas when I worked there years ago. Ugh

And I can think of 2 people that probably aren't happy I'm back although not mentioning names. lol

But I'm going to be blunt. I have spent 18 to 19 hours a day every day for 5 to 6 years trying to pay off medical and one thing after another. Between that and using various phones and tablets that I may never want to look at a phone or computer again after June 23rd. You have no idea how sick I am having one of these as I associate with working all the time. I don't even want it to play The Sims anymore.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I paid directly to Experian.
Oh, they should be legit, I didn't know they had a paid service. I was thinking about stuff like freecreditreport dot com. (I still feel like they're taking advantage, because those are things you can do for free, but the service makes it easier so it's not a scam at least.)

Eventually they'll sue, and then I guess you'll know who they are. Weird that they aren't making it easier to pay them. My brother is being sued for medical bills right now and he definitely knows who wants that money, lol.

At least they can't garnish your Social Security.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had to spray a bunch of water peppermint oil mix around the base wall of my bedroom window. that lil stray/ feral black o malley cat leaped onto my window screen to try and get at graycie hope fully it keeps the lil guy away i dont want to involve animal control or apartment management dont want the lil guy locked in the pound :flail: now its just a scent of peppermint all around my patio area

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they should be legit, I didn't know they had a paid service. I was thinking about stuff like freecreditreport dot com. (I still feel like they're taking advantage, because those are things you can do for free, but the service makes it easier so it's not a scam at least.)

Eventually they'll sue, and then I guess you'll know who they are. Weird that they aren't making it easier to pay them. My brother is being sued for medical bills right now and he definitely knows who wants that money, lol.

At least they can't garnish your Social Security.
I understand the privacy laws and I appreciate that but if I didn't provide sufficient proof that I am who I say I am then they could just tell me. It would save a lot of time.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. SSA Is refusing to give me Medicare. So back on the phone. Nothing ever gets done as a result of this. And at my age it’s good to have Medicare as who knows what will happen. Ready to start breaking things. I am SO MAD. I guess they don't care that I have no Medicare. What a horrible horrible situation. I have spent 15 hours a day past month fighting SSA, USPS and credit reporting agencies. I'm so sick of this.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. SSA Is refusing to give me Medicare. So back on the phone. Nothing ever gets done as a result of this. And at my age it’s good to have Medicare as who knows what will happen. Ready to start breaking things.
There must be a misunderstanding. Enrollment in Medicare Part B is automatic when you turn 65; they can't "refuse" anything.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's not showing on my benefits. I looked. Says Medicare Part B is 0.0. It starts in 2022 in July but I sort of need it now. Not to mention I got only the one pay overnight and not the 3 months total retro they said I would. I stand by what I said. I'm upset. I have bills to pay, teeth to get, 30 year overdue thorough checkup with a doctor because when I was younger and working I was too busy working. Ugh

How can they approve you and less then 8 hours later the money is in your account? I was told first payment to be June 2021 of 3 monthly payments (retro) so this is confusing. And as usual refusal to explain to me. Story of my life.

It is not how they label the monthly payments as mine ends credit and Mom's ends with deposit. Bank refuses to answer me as well.

I'm looking again at the site. They claim they never made a payment to me. So where did this money come from? There are no such things as money fairies so I'm baffled. Now I don't have access to any of my money for months because of this. Wonderful set up this is.

I don't understand why they refuse to answer my questions. We go through the security procedures. What if I get very ill right now? No medicare because they refuse to give to me. I did have a photo which did not have any personal information on it but somehow my stupid computer deleted it.

Last edited:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Well last night sucked lol. My husband has a nasty cold, and his rotator cuff is bothering him so I’m quarantining on the couch in an abundance of caution. Cold medicine has a weird insomnic effect on him so he’s grumpy and awake. The whole thing throws off the cats so they are walking around howling, chasing each other and causing a ruckus. Kitty jail (aka go sleep in the spare room you monsters) turned into Olive loudly trying digging her escape through the carpet (at least we are already planning to replace it).

The idiots all settled down after their 4:30 am breakfast but now we are sleepy 🙄. This is why we are punishing them with a puppy in 8 weeks and a baby in 5 months 😅

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's not showing on my benefits. I looked. Says Medicare Part B is 0.0. It starts in 2022 in July but I sort of need it now. Not to mention I got only the one pay overnight and not the 3 months total retro they said I would. I stand by what I said. I'm upset. I have bills to pay, teeth to get, 30 year overdue thorough checkup with a doctor because when I was younger and working I was too busy working. Ugh

How can they approve you and less then 8 hours later the money is in your account? I was told first payment to be June 2021 of 3 monthly payments (retro) so this is confusing. And as usual refusal to explain to me. Story of my life.

It is not how they label the monthly payments as mine ends credit and Mom's ends with deposit. Bank refuses to answer me as well.

I'm looking again at the site. They claim they never made a payment to me. So where did this money come from? There are no such things as money fairies so I'm baffled. Now I don't have access to any of my money for months because of this. Wonderful set up this is.

I don't understand why they refuse to answer my questions. We go through the security procedures. What if I get very ill right now? No medicare because they refuse to give to me. I did have a photo which did not have any personal information on it but somehow my stupid computer deleted it.
Be patient, these things take time. My mom says she got a small amount right away and then a large amount after they sorted everything out. So that seems pretty normal.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well last night sucked lol. My husband has a nasty cold, and his rotator cuff is bothering him so I’m quarantining on the couch in an abundance of caution. Cold medicine has a weird insomnic effect on him so he’s grumpy and awake. The whole thing throws off the cats so they are walking around howling, chasing each other and causing a ruckus. Kitty jail (aka go sleep in the spare room you monsters) turned into Olive loudly trying digging her escape through the carpet (at least we are already planning to replace it).

The idiots all settled down after their 4:30 am breakfast but now we are sleepy 🙄. This is why we are punishing them with a puppy in 8 weeks and a baby in 5 months 😅
:lol:congratulations

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Have you turned 65? You can only get Medicare, both regular and Part B at that age, not younger. If you are 65 I would double check your paperwork to see they have your age correct

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you turned 65? You can only get Medicare, both regular and Part B at that age, not younger. If you are 65 I would double check your paperwork to see they have your age correct
I turned 65 years old December 23, 2020. And yes I confirmed with Medicare. I posted a photo on here with no personal information and somehow that got deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.