The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Needed some time away as I was becomeing overwhelmed. Social Security and Medicare kick in on June 23rd. They just approved today. Also Tourmaline is doing very well although he has mycoplasma so we're hoping that meds take care of it. I did this video of him though that I hope you all enjoy. It's the first part of his journey at my house, before going to be with Sanya. He adores her btw and I will be able to visit with him.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just scared the crap out of me. I'm sitting here in my chair in front of my computer desk, just having a nice glass of wine and scrolling on my phone.
All of a sudden, he jumps up on the desk and scrambles his way all the way up. He's faster than a dang FB_IMG_1621481040121.jpg chimp!
I was like, "what, is the ceiling collapsing, what's going on, oh, it's just Murphy."

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome fellow. He is lucky you were a part of his life.
Thank you. I went to the local restaurant last night to pick up our dinner and the first thing the owner asked was "How's Tourmaline?" He has been reading my posts on Next Door that I reactivated when Tourmaline got ill. I feel so touched that everyone is praying for him. If nothing else he came to me for a reason which is to let others know that unlike ferals, a stray does not have the immunity to certain parasites and it's always best to at least turn over to a no kill shelter if you can't find someone to take in. I'm kind of the strange sort that will not just turn over to a rescue. I would rather a friend take or no kill like Open Door Sanctuary. With that said my friend who took him and several caretakers are thinking of starting a Feral Sanctuary where when people TNR there will be someone there to watch them (as so many of us can't take the cats inside after being fixed) with a cat cafe on the top floor for cats like Tourmaline. My credit score will greatly increase once I get my SSA next month as ALL DEBTS will be paid off. And with 20 of us pitching in for commercial spot it will be easy. I was thinking more of my past dreams as well Cat Cafe/writer's coffee shop with a space downstairs for the ferals recovering from being TNRd. Big venture but so many of us really want to try it.

Oh and she came up with a name: Hisses to Kisses

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
For the love of God. Now I'm fighting with the credit agencies who are refusing to tell me who all I owe. NO one wants me to be free. Ever.

I just don't understand. I gave them proof of who I am. What more do they want from me. I will say this, If they continue to refuse to tell me who I owe then they can remove those items from my credit report. This is ludicrous

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the love of God. Now I'm fighting with the credit agencies who are refusing to tell me who all I owe. NO one wants me to be free. Ever.
If you order up a credit report it should show all your accounts/debts and the amounts. You can get it online (only use this site; all others are scams and will charge you): Free Credit Reports
My mom and I tested positive for COVID unfortunately. I won't be able to get vaccinated as I had planned and I'm very upset about all this.
Oh no! That stinks. I hope it's mild for both of you!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
If you order up a credit report it should show all your accounts/debts and the amounts. You can get it online (only use this site; all others are scams and will charge you): Free Credit Reports

Oh no! That stinks. I hope it's mild for both of you!
I had to go to the hospital yesterday because I was having a hard time breathing. My oxygen saturation had dropped to around 70. They ran a bunch of test but all came back normal so they told me I was okay to go home.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

I just don't understand. I gave them proof of who I am. What more do they want from me. I will say this, If they continue to refuse to tell me who I owe then they can remove those items from my credit report. This is ludicrous
One other thing about credit agencies. They may not have your exact balances because of delayed reporting. You are better off contacting each creditor for that. But your credit report will help you identify any creditors that you aren’t aware of or dont remember.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who exactly are you talking to? Like what company do they work for? I don't think credit agencies (like Experian, etc.) are allowed to give info over the phone; they can only mail you your credit report and answer questions about that report once you have it.

And if you're talking to collection agencies, they don't even necessarily know who your creditors were. They just buy your debt in a huge package deal and then pursue you for it.
Nevermind, they are required to tell you who the original creditor was, and the full amount. Make sure whoever you're talking to is legit:
What is the best way to negotiate a settlement with a debt collector? | Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMGosh.. I am so sorry.. ((HUGS))) Rest.. be in touch with your PCP and follow orders...
We are here for you!!
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily ! Did you get tested because you weren't feeling well? I didn't think to get tested before my first vaccine.

It really stinks you have to put it off a few months. Please take care of yourself, and rest and hydrate.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really stinks you have to put it off a few months.
This part isn't necessarily true. . .the CDC says a person can get the vaccine as soon as they've recovered (at least 14 days after onset of symptoms), unless the patient received monoclonal antibody treatment, in which case they need to wait 90 days. But then others say that the side effects of the vaccine can be worse if you had COVID recently. So it would definitely be something to think about anyway.
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily ! Did you get tested because you weren't feeling well? I didn't think to get tested before my first vaccine.

It really stinks you have to put it off a few months. Please take care of yourself, and rest and hydrate.
Yes, we got tested because we had come down with a sore throat at around the same time. So I had made the appointment on Tuesday for vaccine when they opened up and by Wednesday morning, I didn't feel great and it was a lot different from all the other times I've been sick with the flu or cold or sinus infection so I had a sinking feeling it was the virus. Wasn't breathing well so went to the emergency after my initial test. They did a rapid test there but it came back negative. Doctor told me it's only about 70% accurate anyway so that I should wait for the results from the other test. I checked this morning and I went cold when I saw the words "Positive" in red. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Feeling very guilty although I don't even go anywhere except for the backyard and the grocery store. Scared for my mom and dad because my dad has a lot of health issues and my mom has problems with her white blood cell count.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone's okay! It really sucks that the people who are being careful end up feeling rotten, and people like my mom's stupid anti vax anti mask cousins go traveling and either don't get it or get it asymptomatically.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They all won’t give you a copy of your credit report?
I have a copy as I pay monthly for all this stuff, however trying to find out how to contact the people I owe is like getting blood out of a turnip and none of the credit agencies will tell me how to contact these people. I have 30 days and no longer to resolve this situation or I'll be living in cardboard box. And I have been trying for months to do this. This is just horrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.