The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoo boy. So, Aedan plopped down and landed on a toy and hurt his butt and wanted me to kiss it.
Like, ok, whatever, I'll kiss a cheek. So he pulls his underwear down and says it hurts right at his butt crack. Well, that's where I draw the line. So I say, "yeah, no, I'm not gonna kiss your butt crack."
So now he's running up and down the hallway saying, "Kiss my buttcrack!"

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was busy enough to have a center line, it was too busy for me.
Even my road has a yellow line out here in the boonies. It didn't used to, but a few years ago they replaced it, so the big trucks could go down it. It doesn't bother me though. Only about 6-10 cars pass me on my 2 hour walk and traffic doesn't keep me up at night.

hurt his butt and wanted me to kiss it.
God, I love this kid!!! :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoo boy. So, Aedan plopped down and landed on a toy and hurt his butt and wanted me to kiss it.
Like, ok, whatever, I'll kiss a cheek. So he pulls his underwear down and says it hurts right at his butt crack. Well, that's where I draw the line. So I say, "yeah, no, I'm not gonna kiss your butt crack."
So now he's running up and down the hallway saying, "Kiss my buttcrack!"

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
:flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail:he's at that age where its time to watch anything you say:lol:my nehpew drove my lil sister crazy after he picked up the phrase whatever🙄and her eye roll:flail:its what she gets since she did it to me when he picked it up:lol:karma for her giving met hat lil sister attitude

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Even my road has a yellow line out here in the boonies. It didn't used to, but a few years ago they replaced it, so the big trucks could go down it. It doesn't bother me though. Only about 6-10 cars pass me on my 2 hour walk and traffic doesn't keep me up at night.
We live off a dirt road now - no pavement much less any lines lol. When we pass more than three cars in a two mile radius we say there’s a lot of traffic.

One thing that surprised me was how many people randomly wave to our car when they pass us. I’m used to only waving to pedestrians while walking or people I know. Friendly but odd at first.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wave when walking, I just get super focused while driving that I’m all “why is that person waving?”. My husband waves all the time, so hopefully they don’t think I’m rude.

I think country life is so much better because everyone seems so much happier. I’ve lived downtown San Francisco, a variety of suburbs, and I much prefer the country life. Sure the city offers a whole lot of activities, restaurants and amenities but I felt like I had to ignore the crowds, crazy homeless people (especially where I lived there seems to be a lot of mental illness), filth, lack of nature etc. so you don’t get the feeling of entire bliss as with the land and space in the country.

Plus now we can have chickens 🤗

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wave when walking, I just get super focused while driving that I’m all “why is that person waving?”. My husband waves all the time, so hopefully they don’t think I’m rude.

I think country life is so much better because everyone seems so much happier. I’ve lived downtown San Francisco, a variety of suburbs, and I much prefer the country life. Sure the city offers a whole lot of activities, restaurants and amenities but I felt like I had to ignore the crowds, crazy homeless people (especially where I lived there seems to be a lot of mental illness), filth, lack of nature etc. so you don’t get the feeling of entire bliss as with the land and space in the country.

Plus now we can have chickens 🤗
:lol:you must have been so happy at all the available parking then after living in downtown frisco

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a suburban girl at heart. We have access to lots of stores and restaurants, hospitals arent too far away, and we have plenty of neighbors, but it's cleaner and quieter and we have yards and parks. I wouldn't be happy way out in the country or a city high rise.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a suburban girl at heart. We have access to lots of stores and restaurants, hospitals arent too far away, and we have plenty of neighbors, but it's cleaner and quieter and we have yards and parks. I wouldn't be happy way out in the country or a city high rise.
I don’t want to live far out in the country either. I live on a quiet low traffic street but I have all kinds of stores and medical facilities within two miles, plus a lake with a swimming beach a mile away.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And then they keep peering in my windows. I ask them to stop because it's rude and they just ignore me. I have the blinds up because the cats will just destroy them if they're down. I guess I need to put up curtains.
I used to live by the park and the kids did the same thing even though I don't have kids :/. If you put privacy film on the lower part of the window, shorter people can't see in but it doesn't block the light and you can still see out of the upper part to keep an eye on them. And it's non-adhesive, just static cling, so the landlord can't get mad. Some kinds are really pretty too.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073B2ZXVJ/?tag=thecatsite

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to measure my windows and see how much I'll need.
Before I would block my windows I would do the mean mom thing and go tell the children to stop that and go home. And I would let their mother know that you are sending them home. If you do it every time and firmly enough they will likely stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.