The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to me like a crazed person about cleaning; then I calmed down~~ a bit... then Covid hit... Now, It is "whenever" !!! :lol2:

Seriously, I do a 'quick' daily vacuum of the litter from the linoleum: bathroom and kitchen.. Counter is done at least twice daily. Seems like I am always using the hand vacuum for litter.

About once a week, I do a 'quick' vacuuming of the rugs...

Dusting is, as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 says,

I do it when the collection of 'white' is too much for me! I am not a fan of following messages, in the dust!! :flail:

Speaking of which, I need to do a good dusting, polishing..... and clean out the filter in the air purifier...
I did the AC unit last week.

Covid is messing everything up!!!
I clean daily. Deep clean. Because I hate roaches and water bugs more than I hate cleaning. And where I live we have infestations of both because of some very nasty people up the street that board of health does nothing about, plus the cutting down of bushes and all is driving them out of the ground. So yea, I see a bug at night, I'm up mopping and all.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you believe that I got this big beautiful roll of yarn at Walmart for only $2!! I love it because it is a gradient of autumn colours. I'm going to make a big basket with it. Probably to store all my crochet stuff. I finished a lot of my course work yesterday so I have a bit of extra time to work on this. Yay! Crocheting is so addictive.
1595085189223500010908387553735.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I clean daily. Deep clean. Because I hate roaches and water bugs more than I hate cleaning.
This is what I learned in YEARS of living in Florida. Roaches and water bugs (which in my book are nothing more than roaches with a good PR team) have nothing to do with cleanliness. If you keep a filthy house, you will have filthy roaches. If you keep a sanitary house, you will have clean roaches. HOWEVER...deep cleaning does a good job of keeping the eggs knocked down IF you can reach their breeding spots. That said, I have no intention of sharing living space with the vile beasties. It just KILLS me to think that when we've destroyed our ability to survive on this planet, the roaches and spiders will STILL BE HERE! And probably doing just fine.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I think I will be down to one cat pretty soon. My 20 year old Capucchino is not doing well.I know she has a heart murmur but no big deal, it is age related, and she turned out negative for diabetes but does seem to be in the early stages of kidney failure. She had an infection somewhere and was put in antibiotics which helped her put on a little weight. But now she seems to have lost weight again, eats only a tiny bit very time but whines for food all day long. I indulge her so that she won't lose any more weight. Can't leave the food out for her because Chamouti would eat it. She cries a lot, making that awful howling noise that sounds like a Siamese (she is a Birman and thus pointed and I'm sure that Birmans have Siamese somewhere in their family tree) and she sounds absolutely pitiful. I never hear what I call her Persian voice anymore which is sweet and tiny. She wants to be with me all the time and has taken to peeing on the floor, never the rug, but uses the LitterRobot to poop. In the last few days I have seen her sort of stumble, like she is falling over her own feet. I tried to call the vet today but nobody answered the phone. So I will have to wait until Monday and ask if it is time to let her go, I don't want her to suffer. This is especially hard because I had lost Panthera in May and I am not ready to lose another kittee.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will be down to one cat pretty soon. My 20 year old Capucchino is not doing well.I know she has a heart murmur but no big deal, it is age related, and she turned out negative for diabetes but does seem to be in the early stages of kidney failure. She had an infection somewhere and was put in antibiotics which helped her put on a little weight. But now she seems to have lost weight again, eats only a tiny bit very time but whines for food all day long. I indulge her so that she won't lose any more weight. Can't leave the food out for her because Chamouti would eat it. She cries a lot, making that awful howling noise that sounds like a Siamese (she is a Birman and thus pointed and I'm sure that Birmans have Siamese somewhere in their family tree) and she sounds absolutely pitiful. I never hear what I call her Persian voice anymore which is sweet and tiny. She wants to be with me all the time and has taken to peeing on the floor, never the rug, but uses the LitterRobot to poop. In the last few days I have seen her sort of stumble, like she is falling over her own feet. I tried to call the vet today but nobody answered the phone. So I will have to wait until Monday and ask if it is time to let her go, I don't want her to suffer. This is especially hard because I had lost Panthera in May and I am not ready to lose another kittee.
I am so, so sorry. Maybe doc can give her something. Losing Panthera just a short time ago is so hard
and now Cappuccino is not doing well. :hugs: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering the best way to sell my old iPad. It's Ipad mini 2. Scratch on the glass. Not very visible and works great, I just have too many devices around here and can use the extra bit of cash. What is the best auction app in your opinion? Not ebay please as I have had issues selling on there before and they're trying to charge me money for something that they won't tell me what it's for.

Maybe there it's different but here roaches only come inside a filthy house. I can deal with spiders, they don't bother me and spider is one of my main animal totems but cockroaches/water bugs or the palmettos down in FLA I cannot deal with at all. One reason why I quit watching the bald eagle cam from NWFL was because of the Palmettos crawling around the nest at night. Clean or dirty. I'd rather deal with a pit of rattlesnakes then a cockroach. 😱

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so sorry. It is always hard to watch our kitties health deteriorate. <3 Sending best wishes to Capucchino.

Is there an appetite stimulant that your vet could provide, if you wished to try one? My mom occasionally gives one to Sunnie when he does the same thing. Cries/begs a lot for food, but does not seem hungry. With the stimulant he eats more or all of his food. He also has kidney failure.

Also, as an option to leave the food out, a chip feeder would allow only selected cats to eat while keeping others unable to access the food. It is programmed to read the microchip in a pet, if they have one, but also comes with a tag on a ring that can be attached to a collar that has a built-in chip.

Been watching the price for that low vibration trimmer someone recommended here, and the price finally dropped lower to a good point, so I bought it. Excited to try it! Isabelle has a small knot starting in her back leg near her rear.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. It is always hard to watch our kitties health deteriorate. <3 Sending best wishes to Capucchino.

Is there an appetite stimulant that your vet could provide, if you wished to try one? My mom occasionally gives one to Sunnie when he does the same thing. Cries/begs a lot for food, but does not seem hungry. With the stimulant he eats more or all of his food. He also has kidney failure.

Also, as an option to leave the food out, a chip feeder would allow only selected cats to eat while keeping others unable to access the food. It is programmed to read the microchip in a pet, if they have one, but also comes with a tag on a ring that can be attached to a collar that has a built-in chip.

I have one of those I had bought some years ago when I had 4 cats and only one ate canned food.It had stopped working, I still have the collar tags and those round lithium batteries. Maybe I will check if any of those work. Thanks for reminding me.

Been watching the price for that low vibration trimmer someone recommended here, and the price finally dropped lower to a good point, so I bought it. Excited to try it! Isabelle has a small knot starting in her back leg near her rear.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tried my self tanner. At first it was dirty and patchy looking and I panicked lol then I rinsed off the excess and now it's nice and even looking. I'll probably go for the darker one next time, though, because medium isn't much of a difference. It did give me some color, but not as much as I wanted.

I'm also gonna try these body and face drops that you add to your moisturizers and it'll gradually tan you. Loving Tan does make a face tanner, which I have, but I have spots on my face I feel like it'd stick to, and the drops are more of an oil texture and won't stick to dry patches.

W WillowMarie yeah she's horrible. And a good actor, because there are still people who are shocked when they hear about how she treats people. Toxic people can't be toxic to everyone all the time or they will get caught. I just wish I could report her but no one above her cares. They would fire me way before they fire her.

Will do! I'll probably be purchasing one next month. I'm trying to decide if I want a soft sided or hard one. I know hard ones are considered safer, but they are also heavy and bulky and hard to maneuver. I could always just get another carrier, but I feel like they would do better together than apart.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily she usually complains when I call in sick, but I had no idea she'd go that low. Not once did she ask if I was okay, or show any concern. She literally sighed in annoyance. She also said she felt bad for me...like gee thanks lol

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin had a brain aneurysm about a week ago. His daughter found him unresponsive and called 9-1-1. They had to do surgery and he's been on life support. His brother went to visit him and the nurse said that they can't find him in the system. I don't know what that is supposed to mean but my dad came home early from work and he is distraught.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie yeah she's horrible. And a good actor, because there are still people who are shocked when they hear about how she treats people. Toxic people can't be toxic to everyone all the time or they will get caught. I just wish I could report her but no one above her cares. They would fire me way before they fire her.
You couldn't have said it any better. That's a really rough situation. You were the one looking for a new gig, right? Any luck? Your job type seems to be pretty high in demand right now. :hugs:

Will do! I'll probably be purchasing one next month. I'm trying to decide if I want a soft sided or hard one. I know hard ones are considered safer, but they are also heavy and bulky and hard to maneuver. I could always just get another carrier, but I feel like they would do better together than apart.
Thank you! Wow, didn't know they had soft-sided one's that big, and agree hard ones would be safer. Pros and cons of each. I miss when my girls were kittens and would both fit in the carrier easily!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some bad storms last night but that didn't stop the raccoons from eating. Even Spirit (or Latte so hard to tell at night time) snuck in between rain spurts to eat. One of the youngster raccoons was under the car where I put one of my cams. haha. One thing for sure, Wyze cams hold up to the bad weather.

Testing IOS 13.6 on my old iphone, IOS 14 beta on other old iPhone (both cracked screens so only thing they're good for) and trying to get the junk off the iPad so I can sell and get rid of more stuff. The last update for my IPad is the 12.4.8 so it just recently dropped off the list to get new updates. Not sure what I could use it for now except sell to someone who knows how to unlock or whatever. If anyone has ideas please let me know. It has just a single crack on the screen which isn't noticeable unless you hold it a certain way

I could download a game for the cats but I noticed these games hold the cats attention for like 1 minute and then they don't come back to it. They don't even like the YouTube channel for cats.

Ugh now Apple won't let me delete items from the iPad. How does this company stay in business? I got verification code and all. Signed in just not allowed to delete off iPad. :(

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is done. Capucchino could not walk anymore, actually fell over on her side and only ate tiny bits. She came during the night and sat on the floor by my bed and in her tiny Persian voice made 2 meows which woke me. So I put her in bed with me and she was barely breathing, I did not think she would make it through the night. Called the vet first thing in the morning and was at the office by 9. She died in my arms. So sad after having lost Panthera in May. Then I found out that my regular vet at the clinic had passed away from a heart attack on July 4th. I am not sure if I was more shocked by that or Capucchino having taken such a turn to the worst in only a few days. I sat in my car outside the clinic and cried, don't know about which one the most, still getting teary-eyed just writing about it. At least I still have Chamouti or I would be devastated.
059.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.