The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wishing for once Treasure would stop being Treasure and come eat before our severe storms roll in. I rang for him for an hour and he won't come. Just hope he's smart enough to hunker down but then we're talking about Treasure. I think he does this sometimes on purpose to aggravate me or worry me :(

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a video psych appointment today. All I could think about during the visit was how dysmorphic my face is. I hate how obvious it is :frown:
Maybe you are more subconscious of it because it bothers you? I know that when we think something is obvious to others, it isn't always because they aren't as aware of certain things about ourselves are we are. Cameras can also make people's appearances seem different than they actually do in real life. Exposure, contrast, the angle of the lens, all of that can contribute to a shift in our features. And I'm sure it is a safe space free of judgment so don't worry about it too much. :hugs::redheartpump:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dysmorphic
One of my favorite youtube therapists was just mentioned if seeing your picture while video chatting with a therapist bothers you, you can disable the picture. I didn't even know that was a possibility! Maybe that will help you if seeing yourself is too distracting/distressing right now? What will help you feel the most comfortable during the appointments? That is the most important thing right now so you can focus on you and the important work you are doing. Do whatever you can to feel as comfortable as possible. Maybe this is also an opportunity to help you work through this with your therapist, too. :hugs: I've often thought it would be fun to sit in a dark room, so a therapist cannot see me that well and it would make me feel way more comfortable and less exposed if feeling emotional. I also have a hard time with people seeing me cry, and it was so nice being able to hold my phone higher, so my therapist couldn't see my lips quivering. It made me feel slightly more comfortable.

and everything that Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily said. She stated that so well. :heartshape:

hoping that i can chat with you guys ... i have been so depressed lately that they had to change my bipolar medicine again
Of course! We are happy to have you here <3 Has the change helped any yet? I have a friend who is bipolar, and they finally found a medicine that worked really well for them about a year ago. Sometimes there is a lot of trail and error because everybody is different. Plus with bipolar, many people need to adjust their medicine every few years for whatever reason because medicines may just stop working or something. This has also been an extra challenging time for a lot of people with all the extra stress and anxiety due to covid and such.

What are your cat(s) names and what colors?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sad and worried. It seems that whenever there is an incident that is urgent to take care of no one is open to answer me or no one seems to care. This time it is extremely urgent but as usual I can't get answers by phone. I sometimes feel as though people see my name and think that they'll just give me a hard time. It's been this way for 64 years. I suppose it won't change. :(

Hoping my cats will be ok after this morning's incident. Can't talk about it in this thread as wrong forum, but yep, that's what's on my mind. I tend to get tunnel vision that when something is on my mind (like my current incident that may warrant a panic) I can't concentrate on other things.
:(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
sitting here thinking about writing again but i havent been able to write for a few years . i have a binder where i keep all my stuff in. writers block is hard to handle
I'm thinking of doing NaNoWriMo to finish my novel this year (if the cats let me that is). Have you thought of signing up for that? There are lots of NaNoWriMo groups on Facebook with word wars etc. I love the 10 minute word wars and you'd be surprised how much you can get done in 10 minutes.

I know that the purpose is to start a new novel but I've been messing with this one for 5 years. It's time I get it done. I won in 2015 on day 15 all while working as well as suffering infected tooth and gum disease so it can be done. This November I intend to finish the novel and get ready for ebook status.

Last edited:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is done. Capucchino could not walk anymore, actually fell over on her side and only ate tiny bits. She came during the night and sat on the floor by my bed and in her tiny Persian voice made 2 meows which woke me. So I put her in bed with me and she was barely breathing, I did not think she would make it through the night. Called the vet first thing in the morning and was at the office by 9. She died in my arms. So sad after having lost Panthera in May. Then I found out that my regular vet at the clinic had passed away from a heart attack on July 4th. I am not sure if I was more shocked by that or Capucchino having taken such a turn to the worst in only a few days. I sat in my car outside the clinic and cried, don't know about which one the most, still getting teary-eyed just writing about it. At least I still have Chamouti or I would be devastated.View attachment 343785
there are no words to express our regrets ...

Status
Not open for further replies.